main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Unseen Queen Recalled?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    How odd. I got mine at Barnes and Noble, and they had plenty of copies, no problems at all. Very weird.

JediFarfy

2. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    Mine apparently shipped out 2 days ago from amazon.com (to the Netherlands)...

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Well I just picked up my copy at Borders during my lunch break. The only one they had on the shelf too. I flipped through it and it appears to be free from errors.

4. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    The Circle is complete here.. went to the place i used to buy books (BAM) but stopped after they started mixing SW and what shall not be named in the same bins.. and they have 7 TUQ's.. but ALL of the ones I saw had roughly cut covers.. jagged edges and stuff.. so i grabbed the best looking one and canceled my Amazon order.

5. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    What is the deal with all these large insects in this dark nest trilogy? It grossed me out.

6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I got my copy Tuesday and checked it yesterday. Didn't find any black or blank pages in it. I hope everyone who wants a copy can find one sometime soon. I know how frustrating it is when you have to wait longer than necessary.

7. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    If they wern't recalled, they should be, haha. There were soooo many typos/words left out/grammatical mistakes!

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Grossed in what way? Buffalo excrement from the intestines is a delicacy in Laos! Actually, the covers remind me of the NES Metroid bugs. Those were fun days . . .

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Went back today and got a copy, presuming it to be one of the new hipment they were suppsoed to get, a quick breeze through didn't spot any problems, but alas, upon further inspection at home I did indeed get one of the defective copies.

It's actually easily identifiable if you look at the side of the book (not the spine but the page side) - you can see a small black dot and smear on it.

The pages most heavily affected by the error (with lots of black split ove the pages) are pages 32, 40, 41, 48 and a small handful of others with less severe ink dot clusters.

Back to Borders tommorow- damn my need to use that gift card :mad:

10. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I've presumably ordered an American copy. Is this defect confined to the US printer?

11. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I had the same problem at my B&N with both TJK and TUQ. In fact, it was even worse with the first book. I had to rais Kain just to get them to go back and get the book. They wanted me to wait until the next day. At least with TOQ, they were kind enopugh to just go back and get it. If I didn't have a gift card that I had gotten for Christmas, I would have gotten the books elsewhere.

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Im in NYC and there was nothing wrong with my copy of TUQ. There were a bunch of typos but that of course is another story entirely.

13. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    the borders in princeton had it on the day it came out.

14. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I've bought TUQ from Galaxy Bookshop in Sydney (it's the American version). There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

15. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

$15 or 20, lightsaber wielder?

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Traded in that defective copy for the last copy they had- which seems to be ok. One of the guys behind the counter said they had to ship back more than half of what they recieved because of that.

17. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    $16.95 the American one was Ex

18. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I just ordered a copy from amazon that was really cheap. I hope it wasn't one of those defective ones.

19. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

$17 American at Galaxy? The Dymocks one I ordered was $15. Better than the standard 20, eh?

20. Nal_Hutta

Nal_Hutta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2005
    my copy is fine.

21. james_hewlett

james_hewlett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2004
    Just picked my copy up in Waterstones, so it's definatly out now in the uk. The cover has a horrible little yellow bubble saying Includes exclusive chapter from forthcoming book - Outbound Flight - by Troy Denning. I actually laughed out loud in the shop at the mistake. So maybe they'll be a recall of the UK ones. Doesn't seem they've been very carefull when putting this out does it.

Edit: Just noticed another mistake in the back of the book, in the Now available in Arrow bit, Star Wars: New Jedi Order: Rogue Planet. Wow, can't wait to start reading and finding hundreds more mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.