main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Uprising- NJO AU - J/J, Tahiri, Jacen, H/L, L/M, Fels, ect. Completed 1/12- Cover Art 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Jun 24, 2010.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Title: The Uprising
    Author(s): FelsGoddess
    Timeframe: A couple years after Rebel Stand
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Solos, Skywalkers, Fels, OCs
    Genre: Action
    Keywords: slavery, NJO, Yuuzhan Vong captivity
    Summary: Captives of the Yuuzhan Vong are victims of a brutality never seen before by this galaxy. Three captives, two kept for slave labor and one for who he is, struggle to find a way to conquer the Yuuzhan Vong once and for all.
    Notes: Thank you so much to SWPants666 for being a wonderful beta. [:D]

And thank you to Iverna for the lovely cover art! [:D]

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/FelsGoddess/cover.jpg]

Prologue

Emergency klaxons blared through the air. Military personnel ran in all directions: some going to their fighters, some to the command center and others to their support positions. A voice blared over the loud speaker to inform the soldiers of the situation.
    Two adults rushed into the hanger. They stopped next to the opening to a corridor. The woman clutched a small, black haired boy to her chest. Her brown hair was pulled back into a braid. A few strands had escaped the braid and framed her face. The boy clutched the front of his mother?s tunic with one tiny hand. The other hand rested on her chest. The raven-haired man leaned down and placed a soft, lingering kiss on the woman?s full lips. He then bent down to brush a kiss on the top of her swollen belly. He straightened and took the small boy from his mother?s arms. The boy clung to him and pressed his lips against his father?s cheek. The man gently pried the boy from his arms and handed him back to his mother a few moments later. He kissed the boy?s forehead and the woman one more time. He then turned and ran towards his fighter.

The woman clutched the boy to her chest as she watched her husband run to his craft. She waited a few more seconds, and then turned and rushed down the corridor to the command center. She stood at a transparisteel window and watched the fruitless attempt to defend the planet.

Lights flashed. The woman felt a flash of warning and ran back from the window. A loud explosion rocked the command center. The boy let out a cry.

?Jaina!?

Jaina Solo Fel looked at her father as he gently grabbed her arm.

?We have to get out of here. Now,? he told her. She nodded.

?Davin, I need you to go to Grandpa,? she told her son as she handed him to her father. She couldn?t hold him and run in her current condition.

Jaina and Han raced to the hanger bay. They ran to the Millennium Falcon, dodging other personnel evacuating the base. Jaina and Han ran up the ramp. Han set Davin down and rushed to the cockpit. Jaina scooped up her son and strapped him into a child?s seat in the hold. She nodded to her mother as she entered the ship. Leia dropped a bag on the floor. Following Leia were several Jedi and workers. Leia ordered all to strap in.

Tahiri Velia slid into the seat next to Davin and glanced at Jaina. Jaina placed a quick kiss on the toddler?s forehead, and then turned and raced to the cockpit. She sank down into the co-pilot?s chair and joined her father in prepping the ship for launch. Han grabbed the yoke and took off.

Han flew the Falcon out of the hanger. Jaina gasped at the sight before her. The Yuuzhan Vong were raining destruction on the planet below. Fighters exploded all around and hot chunks of yorik coral flew by. Jaina flipped on the comm to the general channel and heard General Wedge Antilles repeat his evacuation order.

The Falcon rocked as plasma assaulted it. Han swore. The quad guns, with Leia and Meewalh at the controls, attempted to blast coralskippers off the hull.

Jaina gritted her teeth as she saw coralskippers blocking their escape vector. She could feel her unborn daughter?s stress and placed a hand on her stomach in an attempt to calm her.

?Falcon, we?re clearing the way out. Be ready,? Jag?s voice commanded over the comm.

Jaina dialed Jag?s private frequency, ?Jag, get out of there.?

?Jaina, get you and the k

2. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    First off, definetely put me on your PM list for this !

Second - Awesome, awesome start !![face_love] Great action right out of the gate.

Poor Jag [face_worried] and with Jaina pregnant.[face_worried] Can't wait for more.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Stellar action and wonderful plot!!!!!!!! =D= I love the NJO intensity. This has the delectable feel of all the *best* writers of that cycle. The drama, the urgency. :)

SWpants used to be a follower with me of the amazing Kidan's riveting AUs @};- So between such a great beta and your super duper attention to keeping J/J together despite the worrisome start (I love they're together so soon after Rebel Stand!!!!!!) -- I'm going to love this!!

:D

PM's for updates? :D
    Huggles!!

4. Zadann_MaRanna

Zadann_MaRanna Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2009
    Wow....

At first I was like, who are these people? Then I read on and I felt the stuff that was going on. Very well written. I wonder how I would have acted in such a situation!

Can't wait for the next post.

PM's too.

Best opening post I've read in the board.

5. PalarasAndhek

PalarasAndhek Jedi Knight

Apr 20, 2010
    Great opening action! I'm definitely eager for more of the story - I can tell this is going to be an exciting plot :)

Put me on the PM list, please!

6. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Add me to the PM list, for sure :) =D=

7. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    Great start!!! It captivated me from the begining and I'm loving it! I'm already twisted up in knots :) definatly the sign of a great story.

Please add me to the pm list as well!

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Kailene
    First off, definetely put me on your PM list for this ! Will do.

Second - Awesome, awesome start !! love Great action right out of the gate. Thanks! I've been working on this story for months. I hope the rest delivers.

Poor Jag worried and with Jaina pregnant. worried Can't wait for more. Coming right up!

Jade_eyes

Stellar action and wonderful plot!!!!!!!! applause I love the NJO intensity. This has the delectable feel of all the *best* writers of that cycle. The drama, the urgency. happy NJO is my favorite. Thanks so much! [face_blush]

SWpants used to be a follower with me of the amazing Kidan's riveting AUs rose So between such a great beta and your super duper attention to keeping J/J together despite the worrisome start (I love they're together so soon after Rebel Stand!!!!!!) -- I'm going to love this!! She's a fantastic beta. Nah, I can't break them up. :p

PM's for updates?
    Of course. [:D]

Zadann_MaRanna
    At first I was like, who are these people? Then I read on and I felt the stuff that was going on. Very well written. I wonder how I would have acted in such a situation! I'm glad that worked. I was going for that type of effect.

PM's too. Sure thing.

Best opening post I've read in the board. [face_blush] That means a lot. Thank you!

PalarasAndhek
    Great opening action! I'm definitely eager for more of the story - I can tell this is going to be an exciting plot It's going to be a fun ride, I hope. Thank you.

Put me on the PM list, please! Will do.

zonzo
    Add me to the PM list, for sure Will do. Thanks for reading!

melino
    Great start!!! It captivated me from the begining and I'm loving it! I'm already twisted up in knots happy definatly the sign of a great story. You're on the PM list. Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked the beginning.

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chapter One
    1.5 years later

Jacen Solo stumbled down the boarding ramp of his stolen shuttle. He hadn't made it to the bottom of the ramp before his mother tackled him. She clung to him, crying. Han, unable to wait, wrapped his arms around his son and wife.

After Leia and Han had let go, Luke and Mara greeted their nephew. Jacen clung to his aunt and uncle tightly.

After Mara released him, Jacen spoke.

"Where?s Jaina?" He had been unable to find her presence. He couldn?t imagine that his parents strayed away from their only daughter. He was sure she was there, just shielding for whatever reason.

Han and Leia exchanged looks. Leia finally responded.

"Jaina's on Csilla."

"Csilla?" Jacen responded in surprise.

"The Chiss capital planet," Leia explained.

"Why?" Jacen asked. He wasn?t exactly sure how long he had been gone, but he doubted she had become a diplomat.

"I think we should go sit down. It?s a long story," Han said, throwing an arm around Jacen's shoulder, "but first, you're going to the medcenter."
    --
    Two hours later, the Solos were aboard the Falcon on their way to Csilla. Jacen was seated at the holographic gaming table with a baffled look on his face.

"Jaina got married, had two kids, her husband disappeared and she's living with her in-laws in the Unknown Regions?" he asked slowly.

Leia nodded. She handed him several holos. She pointed to the first, an image of Jaina, dressed in a simple white dress, kissing a dark haired man.

"That?s Jagged Fel, your brother-in-law. His fighter was snatched during the loss of Chandrilla over a yeah and a half ago," Leia explained. She shuffled through the stack of holos and laid five flat.

"The boy is Davin. He's three. The girl is Ani. She just turned one."

Jacen nodded as he absorbed the information. His nephew, Davin, had black hair and ice-blue eyes. Ani had short brown hair and green eyes. He was fairly certain that Ani was named after Jaina?s fallen wingmate Anni Capstan, and their younger brother Anakin. He then furrowed his brow as a question occurred, "Wait. I thought Fel has been missing for over a year?"

Leia nodded sadly as she responded, "A few months before Ani was born."

Jacen swallowed. He couldn't imagine what his sister had gone through. It wasn?t the same pain he had gone through during his captivity, but it had to have been difficult for her. He knew his sister. She wouldn't marry someone unless she felt strongly for him. She also wouldn?t run away and hide from her problems. For her to run to Csilla...

"Why did she go to Csilla?"

"That's something she'll have to explain."
    ---
    Jaina Solo Fel shifted from one foot to the other as she watched the Falcon make its landing. She had been waiting for days to see her twin. She had known he was alive for a week. He had reached out to her. Her mother had sent an overjoyed message three days ago announcing Jacen?s healthy return and to say that they were on their way. When the Falcon had made contact with the Csillian control, she had rushed home to await her family?s arrival.

Her breath stilled as the ramp lowered. She saw Jacen rush down the ramp. Her feet felt frozen to the ground. A sob escaped her mouth as one hand touched her throat. She could not believe that he was back.

Jacen walked towards her. His form blurred with tears. He started to reach for her-

-and was stopped by three-year-old Davin.

"You're making Mama cry!" the boy said sternly, arms crossed in front of his chest. He stood protectively in front of Jaina. She noted that Davin looked a lot like Jagged at that moment.

"It?s okay, Davin," Syal Antilles Fel's voice called. "Remember what we told you earlier? This is your Uncle Jacen."

"He?s making Mama cry," Davin stated, not budging from his spot in front of Jaina.

"Happy tears, Davin," Jaina explained, kneeling to talk to him. "Reach out and feel."

Davin closed his eyes and touched Jaina's face. She could feel him reaching out to her with the Force. He nodded a couple seconds later, satisfied. He stepped to the side. Jaina stood up and threw her arms around

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Slavers! :eek: :eek:

Jacen with Jaina and the kids -- hmmmm. [face_thinking] He *seems* okay LOL Undarthish :p Like he went through a lot but isn't damaged. o_O

Looking forward to Jag's rescue.

:D

11. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Nice, but I like the thought of Vong's getting their bodies broken to pieces. So hopefully we will see that before too long.

12. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Oh, Jagged come back please... Great update :)

13. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Loved seeing 'good' Jacen, Jaina sure does need him around. And little Davin, so sweet trying to be the man of the fammily and protecting Jaina.[face_love]

Jag in the hands of slavers for that long, :_| [:D]now that Jaina has info, they better watch out - hell hath no fury like Jaina Solo when she's angry.:mad:

14. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    I concur! They Better watch out!

By the way, I love this! Keep up the fantastic work & Can we have more soon. Please.

Thanks for sharing your story!

JJB

15. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    Slavers and bedtime stories ;D

Great post, very emotional. I love your writing ;)

16. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Quite intriguing! Please add me to the pm list!

Cheers,
    DLPP

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Jacen with Jaina and the kids -- hmmmm. thinking He *seems* okay LOL Undarthish tongue Like he went through a lot but isn't damaged.
    We'll see the effects of his capture, but this is a "Darth-Free" zone. :p

Looking forward to Jag's rescue. [face_batting]

Thanks for reading! [:D]

darksideyesplease
    Nice, but I like the thought of Vong's getting their bodies broken to pieces. So hopefully we will see that before too long
    You're in luck. Thanks!

zonzo
    Oh, Jagged come back please... Great update happy
    Not much longer before we see dear Jagged. Thanks!

Kailene
    Loved seeing 'good' Jacen, Jaina sure does need him around. And little Davin, so sweet trying to be the man of the fammily and protecting Jaina.
    Davin is my favorite. :D

Jag in the hands of slavers for that long, cry hugs now that Jaina has info, they better watch out - hell hath no fury like Jaina Solo when she's angry.
    Ain't that the truth. :p Thanks!

Jaya_Jag_Ben
    By the way, I love this! Keep up the fantastic work & Can we have more soon. Please.
    Here you go. :D Thanks for reading!

Zadann_MaRanna 3
    Slavers and bedtime stories ;D
    Sounds like a good combo to me. :p

Great post, very emotional. I love your writing
    I do like the emotional writing. Thanks. ;)

darkladypurplepencil
    Quite intriguing! Please add me to the pm list!
    Will do. Thanks for reading!

18. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chapter Two
    Two years later

?Jaina, get you and the kids to the Shelter. Please.?

Jaina awoke with a start, covered in a cold sweat. She wished it was a nightmare, but it wasn?t. It was reality. Almost four years ago, Jag had disappeared. Jaina wanted to believe he was still alive. She truly thought she could still feel flashes from him.

Jaina rubbed her eyes and remembered the past. Wedge had arrived at the Shelter and told her Jag was gone. She?d stayed at the Shelter until she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Jaina knew she had to take her children somewhere safe. Too many people knew where the Shelter was.

After the Yuuzhan Vong began pushing the Chiss borders, the Chiss were forced to integrate with the other governments. The war was at a standstill; neither side was gaining. Jaina had left the Shelter with her two children and flew to Csilla. She had to beg for a landing clearance. When she was finally allowed to land, she had to tell her in-laws that their son was presumed dead. Syal and Soontir Fel insisted Jaina stay with them. Jaina had agreed. She had to keep her children safe.

Jaina sat up and stood. She got out of bed, walked over to the closet and pulled out some clothing. She had about twenty minutes to shower and dress before the children woke up.

?Mama! Mama!? two voices called as Jaina walked into the hallway later. She opened the door next to her own. Davin was bouncing on one bed while Ani bounced on the other.

?Settle down, you two. Davin, go get dressed,? Jaina admonished. Davin stopped jumping and hopped to the floor. He went over to the chair at the base of his bed and grabbed his clothes.

Jaina picked Ani up from the bed. Her curly brown hair was a mess. Jaina sat down and began to comb out the tangles.

?Mama, today Davin starts school, right?? Ani asked.

?Yes.?

?When can I go to school?? Ani asked.

?In a couple years,? Jaina answered. She gently moved Ani from her lap, ?Get dressed. We have a busy morning.?
    --
    Davin Fel stood stiffly against his mother?s legs, her hand on his shoulder. He stared at the room in front of him. Two dozen children, mostly Chiss but a few human, were roaming around the room with their parents. His mother gently nudged him forward.

?Go on, Davin. It?s time. I?ll be here to pick you up later.?

Davin nodded as his mother moved to stand in front of him. She knelt down and gave him a hug.

?I?m not scared,? he told her, lifting his chin.

His mother smiled sadly at him, ?I know. I love you.?

She hugged him once more and left the room. A pretty blond woman was calling all the students over to a rug. His grandmother had found this school for him to attend. Most of the children were from military families from the Chiss, Empire and Galactic Alliance.

The teacher introduced herself and asked each child to tell everyone about his or her family. Davin listened some of his new classmates talked.

?Davin, your turn.?

David stood up, ?My name is Davin Fel. I live with my mommy, my Grandpa Soontir, Grandma Syal and my little sister Ani. My daddy is dead. I have four uncles and two aunts, but some of them are dead. I have more grandparents, Han and Leia.?

Davin sat back down. He sat still and listened to the rest of the kids talk. His Uncle Cem told him that Davin acted a lot like his father. Davin only had a few memories of his father. He remembered his dad playing spaceships with him. He remembered his dad reading to him. He remembered his dad hugging him goodbye, kissing his mother and running to his Clawcraft. That was the last time he?d seen him.

Ani had never met their father. She was born two months after their dad disappeared.

Davin heard his teacher call for attention. He stood up quickly. He knew how important it was for him to learn everything he could at school. Smart people helped keep people safe. He knew he was smart. His mother and grandmother had already taught him how to read and write. His mother taught him and his sister how to use the Force.

Davin sat down at his small desk. He was going to learn everything he co

19. Zadann_MaRanna

Mar 21, 2009
    "he'll find his way back to you"

THAT Was a great post.

Loved it.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Heavens above but a lot of time passed [face_worried] :eek:

By the time they extricate Jag, there'll be a lot of things to work through and move past. [face_thinking]

The kids sound sweet and Jaina is still optimistic for the most part and Jacen's reticience is very plausible -- nice that he can be close to Ani and that she can have a father stand in for now. :D

21. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    You just start out torturing the fans with Jag's disappearance. Me likes [face_devil]

Keep up the good work; I will be keeping up with this.

22. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    This is really good...

PMs please? :D

~Celeste

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Zadann_MaRanna
    THAT Was a great post.
    Loved it
    Thank you. :)

Jade_eyes
    Heavens above but a lot of time passed
    I debated the time factor for awhile. It works with the story.

By the time they extricate Jag, there'll be a lot of things to work through and move past.
    Yes, for everyone.

The kids sound sweet and Jaina is still optimistic for the most part and Jacen's reticience is very plausible -- nice that he can be close to Ani and that she can have a father stand in for now.

Davin was the first character I developed. The story came from idea I had about him, actually.

Thank you!

TKeira_Lea
    You just start out torturing the fans with Jag's disappearance. Me likes
    Keep up the good work; I will be keeping up with this.

It's more fun to dive right in. ;) Thank you very much.

CelseteAntola
    This is really good...
    PMs please? grin

Thanks! Sure.

24. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chapter Three
    Part One

Two Yuuzhan Vong warriors threw a young brunette woman into the slavery dormitory. She landed on her knees. Jag and Telma approached the woman slowly. She had various cuts and scrapes all over her body.

?Hello. What?s your name?? Telma asked.

?Britna Renz,? she responded with a cough.

?Where were you taken from?? Jag asked as he and Telma helped her to the closest mound of moss the slaves used as beds.

?Hydian Way.?

?Can you tell us what?s been going on? We haven?t seen anyone who?s been on the outside in awhile,? Telma asked gently.

Britna let out a breath, and then told the other slaves what planets had changed hands and other details about the war. The last thing she offered was the date the day she was captured. She guessed that roughly two or three days had passed.

Jag stood up and hissed. He walked away from Britna, and leaned against one of the living walls.

?Jag?? Telma asked quietly, walking over to him.

He shook his head, ?It?s hard to hear how much time has transpired.?

?How long have you been here?? Britna asked nervously.

Jag let out a breath, ?About four years.?

?Did you have a family?? she asked quietly.

?Yes, a boy. My wife was pregnant last time I saw her,? Jag shook his head in frustration, ?I don?t know if she made it or not.?

Telma eyed Jag and then turned to Britna, ?You need to get some sleep while you can. The masters will be here soon.?
    -----
    Ani sat at the breakfast table, flimsy and drawing materials scattered around her. Davin sat next to her, concentrating on his own picture. Syal was chopping vegetables in the kitchen.

Jacen entered the room, followed by Jaina and Cem. They had just returned from the military base.

?Hi, you two. What are you up to?? Jaina asked as she placed a kiss on each child?s head.

?Coloring,? Ani answered.

?I made a Clawcraft,? Davin said, holding up his picture, ?Like what Daddy flew.?

?That?s right. He did,? Cem said, ?It looks great, Dav.?

?Thanks, Uncle Cem!? Davin exclaimed.

?What are you drawing, Ani?? Jaina asked.

?Grandpa Han?s ship,? she said, ?He said every time Davin makes an Imp ship I got to draw a Rebel one.?

Jaina, Jacen, Cem and Syal burst out laughing. None of them was surprised at the statement. It sounded as if it was coming right of his mouth rather than his granddaughter?s.

Ani and Davin exchanged confused looks. Sometimes adults just didn?t make sense.
    ----
    Britna followed Jag around the villip field, listening attentively to his instructions. Her implant on the back of her neck was sending painful pulses down her spine, making it difficult to bend over.

?It changes each day. Pay close attention to what you?re doing and the handlers will usually leave you alone. They tend to rotate our group to various locations. Tomorrow we could be in the lambet fields or hauling equipment for the shapers,? Jag told her as they trended through the waist-high water. ?Never show any weakness.?

Britna nodded, and then asked, ?Are we on a planet??

Jag nodded, ?For now. I anticipate we?ll be moving soon. I heard the shapers talking about a new shipment of slaves coming here. Our group is a pet project.?

?What do you mean?? Britna asked as she tended to the villip next to her.

?The Vong took around two million slaves and split us into groups. Shapers are using this group to improve their implants on workers. Wherever the Shapers go, we go,? Jag explained. He pointed to the various scars on his arms and face, ?Most of these are from failed implants.?

Britna let out a low whistle, ?This one hurts like hell. How did you stand all of those??

Jag shrugged, ?You get used to it. After the first ten, the rest are a breeze. You learn to deal with the pain.?

?Do they try to shape anyone? I heard about the Jedi on Yavin IV years ago,? Britna asked.

?No. Occasionally though they?ll throw out a new creature to mess with us,? Jag responded, moving to the next villip.

?Do they torture us?? Britna asked quietly.

Jag looked up at her, ?All the time. You?ll get used to it.?
    ---
    The twenty slaves sat facing the wal

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Stellar update and yay!

Jag is back! Practically LOL