main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Uprising- NJO AU - J/J, Tahiri, Jacen, H/L, L/M, Fels, ect. Completed 1/12- Cover Art 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Jun 24, 2010.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update =D= =D=

One really feels the urgency of the action :D

Yay for Jag and Jaina -- they really know how to pull off the plan. :)

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    It's not a true mess until the Solos show up.

[face_laugh]

Time to blow some stuff up.

WOOHOO!!!

She went out in a blaze of glory.

:( She did

No problem. I greatly appreciate your help. It took me awhile to write up this and the next part. I kept going back to make sure it made sense. Thanks!

It was a lot! And the type of thing that you couldn?t get ?wrong.? You?re welcome!

Chapter Thirty-three

The beginning sounds a lot better now :D
    Actually, all of the battle sounds a lot better now.

?Are they insane?? Zekk asked over the squadron line.

Yes :p

A white-hot pain laced through Jaina as Zekk disappeared from the Force.

:_| I really don?t like that at all. Poor, poor Zekk :( :(

The slaves crammed into the tight space were all armed with thud and razor bugs. A Devorian male was spinning a razor bug between his fingers. He had a large strip of brown cloth tied over his head. Jag could see blood seeping through the fibers. The other slaves were all marked with blood, cuts, bruises and other injuries.

They are a very strong bunch.

It wasn?t necessarily a tactic he would use, but he was going to follow Thea?s lead. She knew the slaves; he didn?t.

Yeah probably best that he takes her lead.

Zerga was stuck on Chandrilla listening to trumped-up colonel.

Serves him right.

Zerga gritted his teeth as he aimed and fired at a group of Vong on the ground. He wasn?t about to let some intergalactic beings ruin his ship.

But that made me laugh :D

Jaina led the smuggler vessel to the massive Star Destroyer. A blast of noise came over her comm, ?The planet is ours.?

Woo-hoo!! [face_dancing]

A trio of TIE Bombers swooped from overhead, dropping bombs into the pit. The large explosives caused a mild ground quake and caught the contents of the pit on fire. The fire spread quickly over the edge of the pit, incinerating anything in their path.

The image those lines created in my mind is awesome.

I am very, very glad Nichos made it.

He?d done it. He had found a way to free those who were suffering and bring hope that the end would be here. He would never forget those who had sacrificed their lives to bring the galaxy closer to the end of the nightmare.

They deserved it. He is win
    <3

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Super update
    One really feels the urgency of the action grin
    Yay for Jag and Jaina -- they really know how to pull off the plan. happy

Thank you very much. :D

SWPants666
    The beginning sounds a lot better now grin
    Actually, all of the battle sounds a lot better now.

Good. :D

?Are they insane?? Zekk asked over the squadron line.
    Yes tongue

They would have to be. ;)

A white-hot pain laced through Jaina as Zekk disappeared from the Force.
    cry I really don?t like that at all. Poor, poor Zekk sad sad

I couldn't decide who to kill. That's part of the reason it took me so long to write this up. Someone needed to die, I just couldn't decide which character fit the role best.

The slaves crammed into the tight space were all armed with thud and razor bugs. A Devorian male was spinning a razor bug between his fingers. He had a large strip of brown cloth tied over his head. Jag could see blood seeping through the fibers. The other slaves were all marked with blood, cuts, bruises and other injuries.
    They are a very strong bunch.

It's necessary to survive.

It wasn?t necessarily a tactic he would use, but he was going to follow Thea?s lead. She knew the slaves; he didn?t.
    Yeah probably best that he takes her lead.

Not like she was going to give him much choice in the matter. :p

Zerga was stuck on Chandrilla listening to trumped-up colonel.
    Serves him right.

Mhm.

Zerga gritted his teeth as he aimed and fired at a group of Vong on the ground. He wasn?t about to let some intergalactic beings ruin his ship.
    But that made me laugh grin

He's such a jerk, but in a somewhat hilarious way.

Jaina led the smuggler vessel to the massive Star Destroyer. A blast of noise came over her comm, ?The planet is ours.?
    Woo-hoo!! dancing

Finally. :p

A trio of TIE Bombers swooped from overhead, dropping bombs into the pit. The large explosives caused a mild ground quake and caught the contents of the pit on fire. The fire spread quickly over the edge of the pit, incinerating anything in their path.
    The image those lines created in my mind is awesome.

Glad to hear it worked that way. It was the intention. :D

I am very, very glad Nichos made it.

He was safe after Stav died. ;)

He?d done it. He had found a way to free those who were suffering and bring hope that the end would be here. He would never forget those who had sacrificed their lives to bring the galaxy closer to the end of the nightmare.
    They deserved it. He is win
    <3

Jag Fel is all sorts of win. [face_love]
    Thank you!

4. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chapter Thirty-four
    Jacen sat in the chair in front of the comm unit in his sister?s apartment. The light from the blue screen cast an eerie glow on his solemn features. He had just spoken to Tenel Ka. Both had felt the death of their friend Zekk. She had tracked Jacen down before he?d been able to contact her.

?Uncle Jasa?? Ani?s voice called. Jacen turned to face his niece. She was standing in front of her bedroom door, clothes rumpled from sleep. He?d offered to stay with the children that night for Syal.

?What are you doing up, Ani?? he asked quietly.

She walked towards him and said, ?Something bad happened. Is that why you are sad??

?A friend of mine died,? he told her gently. Ani knew Zekk. Jacen didn?t know how much Jaina and Jag had told Ani about death. He hated that he had to be the one to tell her, but she needed to know, to understand. He guessed that she had sensed Jaina?s shock, not Zekk disappearing from the Force. She hadn?t been close to him, nor was she strong enough yet.

?Is that why Mama felt sad?? she asked, confirming his suspicious.

?Yes,? Jacen glanced up towards the door. He wasn?t surprised to see Davin enter the room. Even if he hadn?t felt something from Jaina, any time Ani was in distress he was close by. ?Come here, Davin. I have something I need to tell you two.?

Jacen took a deep breath and let it out. He hoped Jaina wouldn?t be upset with him for having this conversation. The truth of the matter was that they would probably find out soon. Jacen would have to let Corran and the other Jedi on the base who hadn?t felt it know. Keeping such a matter from two observant Force-sensitive children was next to impossible.

?Zekk died today,? he said slowly. ?He was one of your teachers.?

Davin?s face was unreadable, an expression he had undoubtedly inherited from his father. His green eyes flicked over to his sister, and then back at Jacen. Ani?s eyes filled with tears as her lower lip trembled. She bit it to try to stop it. Davin reached out and grabbed her hand. He said, ?Ani, Mommy?s fine. You can feel her still.?

Jacen squeezed his eyes shut. He could kick himself for not making the connection. The children knew Zekk and Lowbacca had joined Jaina?s squadron. It was only natural for them to fear something had happened to her as well. Jacen pulled Ani on his lap and said, ?It?s okay, Ani. Your mom and dad are fine.?

The words seemed to calm her down. Jacen remembered when he was a child. Reassurance from his parents usually relaxed him. He hoped it would be a long time before Ani lost that.

?Did Zekk hurt?? Ani asked quietly as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Jacen didn?t know the answer to her question, but he wasn?t going to make her feel worse. He said, ?No.?

Ani was satisfied with the answer. Jacen was relieved. He hoped he was right. He hated to think his friend had suffered before he died. He stood up, continuing to hold Ani. He told both children, ?You two need to get back to bed.?

Ani shook her head, ?Can?t sleep.?

Jacen pursed his lips. The past several days had been hard for the children before what had just happened. Their presence also comforted him. He just wouldn?t tell Jaina that he let them stay up. ?Okay, go change and we?ll go see if we can?t find something good to eat in the mess.?

Ani and Davin looked at him excitedly. Ani squirmed down from his arms and darted into their bedroom. Davin waited until she was in the room before he said, ?Mom and Dad are still in danger.?

Jacen nodded gravely. Davin?s perceptiveness reminded him so much of Anakin. No empty reassurances would sway Davin. He rested his hands on his nephew?s shoulders as he said, ?I know. Go and get dressed.?

About twenty minutes later, Jacen, Ani and Davin were seated at a table in the mess hall eating some frozen cream with chocolate sauce. Jacen had found it in the back of the freezer.

?What are you three doing up?? Wedge called as he entered the hall. He sat down at their table, holding a steaming mug.

Jacen leaned over and whispered to Wedge what had happened to Zekk. Wedge gave h

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very much enjoyed Jacen with the kdis and Jag and Jaina giving each other mutual support; Jaina's reflections about Zekk and making the memorial =D=

Very well done!!!!

@};-

6. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I couldn't decide who to kill. That's part of the reason it took me so long to write this up. Someone needed to die, I just couldn't decide which character fit the role best.

Hmph. [face_not_talking] Didn?t HAVE to kill anyone.

Finally.

Hah! Seriously!

He was safe after Stav died.

Oh yay that makes me happy. And not worry for him. Thank you!

Chapter Thirty-four

Jacen didn?t know how much Jaina and Jag had told Ani about death. He hated that he had to be the one to tell her, but she needed to know, to understand.

Must be so tough :(

The kids took it better than I thought, but I guess it?s because Zekk wasn?t close to them and their parents were okay. It was just?some person who they kind of knew in passing.

He hoped he was right. He hated to think his friend had suffered before he died.

Oh, I hope so too.

About twenty minutes later, Jacen, Ani and Davin were seated at a table in the mess hall eating some frozen cream with chocolate sauce.

Yum! What a nice uncle. Though I guess he had to do that after the scare he gave them ;)

In total, nine planets were successes; eight were failures. In Jag?s opinion, it was eight too many.

I agree.

Zekk?s marker sounds perfect for him. And I?m glad others had the same idea.

Jaina wiped away the tears that had formed in her eyes. Zekk was one more Jedi, one more friend lost. His sacrifice had torn at the fabric of the Force. Nothing could replace him.

:( :_| No. None of them can be replaced.

Of course, being married to the head of the Intelligence division did give him a slight advantage the others at his level of authority. Iella didn?t tell him everything; just what she felt he should know.

Heh, that?s good. And I?m glad he doesn?t hold it against her.

I?m looking forward to the end, if only to find out what happens. Please no cliffie? :D

7. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Very much enjoyed Jacen with the kdis and Jag and Jaina giving each other mutual support; Jaina's reflections about Zekk and making the memorial applause
    Very well done!!!!
    rose

Thank you! It showed the effects of his passing, I thought.

SWpants666

Hmph. not_talking Didn?t HAVE to kill anyone.

More believable that way. :p

Finally.
    Hah! Seriously!

I knew it would be long when I started this, but didn't expect it to be this long.

He was safe after Stav died.
    Oh yay that makes me happy. And not worry for him. Thank you!

Killing both of them seemed unnecessary.

Jacen didn?t know how much Jaina and Jag had told Ani about death. He hated that he had to be the one to tell her, but she needed to know, to understand.
    Must be so tough sad

Yes indeed.

The kids took it better than I thought, but I guess it?s because Zekk wasn?t close to them and their parents were okay. It was just?some person who they kind of knew in passing.
    Yeah, it was more like that.

He hoped he was right. He hated to think his friend had suffered before he died.
    Oh, I hope so too.

I pictured it as a he knew what he had to do and it was over quick kind of scenario.

About twenty minutes later, Jacen, Ani and Davin were seated at a table in the mess hall eating some frozen cream with chocolate sauce.
    Yum! What a nice uncle. Though I guess he had to do that after the scare he gave them wink

Pretty much. Besides, that's what uncles are for- letting you do stuff mom and dad prohibit. :p

In total, nine planets were successes; eight were failures. In Jag?s opinion, it was eight too many.
    I agree.

*nods*

Zekk?s marker sounds perfect for him. And I?m glad others had the same idea.

Glad it was an accurate representation. Jaina seemed like the most appropriate person to create it. Jacen would have worked too.

Jaina wiped away the tears that had formed in her eyes. Zekk was one more Jedi, one more friend lost. His sacrifice had torn at the fabric of the Force. Nothing could replace him.
    sad cry No. None of them can be replaced.

*agrees*

Of course, being married to the head of the Intelligence division did give him a slight advantage the others at his level of authority. Iella didn?t tell him everything; just what she felt he should know.
    Heh, that?s good. And I?m glad he doesn?t hold it against her.

It would break them apart if he did.

I?m looking forward to the end, if only to find out what happens. Please no cliffie? grin

Nah, no worries there. ;) Thank you!

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Chapter Thirty-five
    The observation gallery was beginning to clear out for the evening. Jacen stood in front of one of the large windows, arms crossed over his chest. He wasn?t looking at anything in particular. He?d been standing there for over an hour, not paying any attention to any of the room?s occupants. His mood was rather gloomy.

He felt rather than saw his sister approach. He?d been expecting her. She stared out the same window as she said, ?Davin told me you are his new favorite babysitter.?

?He told you, didn?t he?? Jacen asked. He was grateful Jaina had taken this route of conversation rather than talk about what was really bothering him, Britna?s death.

Jaina flashed him a smirk, ?Davin, like his father, can?t hide anything from me.?

?The Force is a dead giveaway.?

?I don?t need the Force,? she stated.

Jacen chuckled, ?A mom thing??

?I suppose,? she said slowly.

?Sorry, Jaina,? he said, giving her their father?s lopsided grin.

?Oh, I don?t mind,? Jaina responded with a shrug. ?You?re their uncle. They?re supposed to have fun with you. Just keep that in mind when you have children and they come to stay with Aunt Jaina. Remember how Uncle Luke would take us to all those places Mom and Dad wouldn?t??

Jacen shook his head in amusement, ?Yeah and it usually ended up in you and Anakin reprogramming a recording.?

Jaina laughed. Luke had once taken the three Solo children to a real animal zoo. Jaina and Anakin had found the control podium for the welcoming droid. They?d programmed it to greet the guests with wampa sounds. She added, ?We wouldn?t have been able to escape to do that if you hadn?t slipped into the lizard exhibit.?

Jacen shrugged with some embarrassment. He had wanted to watch the lizard lay its eggs. He was caught after a few minutes. Luke forced him to apologize. While that was going on, his siblings were able to slip away. ?Ani and Davin don?t get in nearly as much trouble as we did.?

?No,? Jaina admitted, somewhat reflectively. She rested a hand on his shoulder, ?I?m sorry about Britna, Jacen.?

He shrugged uncomfortably. Jag had pulled him aside when he returned to tell him about Britna?s fate. Jacen didn?t know how he felt about it. He was sad for the loss, of course, but did he lose a friend or something more? In the hours since he had heard the news, he?d grudgingly admitted to himself that if they had spent more time together, their relationship would have become something more. He cared for her, but events had kept them apart. He wondered if he was not only mourning the loss of a friend, but a possible future.

It was rather dramatic, he reflected. He would remember her for the rest of his life.

?Jaina?? he said quietly.

She turned to face him, ?Yes??

?Do you need to head back??

She shook her head, ?I can stay.?

Jacen gave her a small smile as they sat down on one of the nearby benches. They sat together for the next hour just watching the stars.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    An entire hangar bay in the Bespin base had been dedicated to the return of the captives. Each able team had submitted a list of the names of the slaves with their group. The final list included some of the known dead. It had been forwarded to the committee dedicated to reuniting families. The group had sent out a general broadcast on the news networks announcing the return of thousands. A list of the names was available for viewing on the Holonet. Many people had already come to Bespin, eagerly seeking out loved ones found on the list. Some were disappointed to find it was another being with the same name. Others came to find out how their loved one had died.

Jag stood with a group of about fifty orphaned children. Some had lost their parents during their captivity. Others had been alone for years. The two youngest had been born at the camps. He listened as Jaina entertained the children with a story from her childhood. The Refuge Unification Committee was working to find homes for the displaced children. All but three were being adopted by the adults they lived with

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the Jaina/Jacen scene and how comfortable they are with each other and how to give and receive sympathy in the desired fashion.

I think I agree that Jacen is mourning the loss of a possible future :(

The J/J scene at the end -- beautiful and sweet. I'm happy Jag feels having his family all together makes everything worthwhile. :)

10. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    More believable that way.

Yeah, yeah :p

I pictured it as a he knew what he had to do and it was over quick kind of scenario.

Good :)

Jaina seemed like the most appropriate person to create it. Jacen would have worked too.

She was. Jacen wouldn?t have been as good, I don?t think.

Chapter Thirty-five

His mood was rather gloomy.

:( With reason

Could just be a female thing ;)

Jaina and Anakin had found the control podium for the welcoming droid. They?d programmed it to greet the guests with wampa sounds. She added, ?We wouldn?t have been able to escape to do that if you hadn?t slipped into the lizard exhibit.?

Oh it?s so them :D I love the little story.

He wondered if he was not only mourning the loss of a friend, but a possible future.

[face_plain] Yeah :(

Jacen gave her a small smile as they sat down on one of the nearby benches. They sat together for the next hour just watching the stars.

That?s beautiful. I am so glad they have each other.

He had a feeling that if there were no place for them to go, she would just adopt them herself.

[face_laugh] Yeah, probably

I like their names! How long did it take you to come up with them? :p

One holo hadn?t made it into the crate yet. It was clutched in Luke?s hand. It was an image of Zekk leaning against the Lightening Rod with his arms crossed. He was talking to Jaina, who had one hand on the ship, checking an access panel.

That makes me smile. I can see it perfectly in my mind too. *sigh* Oh the good ol? days.

Luke considered sorting through the holos and sending them to his niece and nephew, but he felt it was an invasion of the man?s privacy. For now, he would place them in storage until the new academy was set up.

Aw, that?s awesome of Luke. I?ll bet Jaina (and Jacen) don?t want to really go through it all right now anyway.

Danni was being moved on to another project. She said that she could bring Telma along with her on her next project, if she wanted. Telma wasn?t sure. She had briefly entertained returning the Ryloth, but her place was here.

That really does sound better.
    And I think Telma will flourish here with helping everyone.

If he had to go through what he had to reach this point, then he wouldn?t argue.

It was more than worth it.

Yes <3
    The entire ending was beautiful.

11. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    [face_dancing] Hey, I'm caught up again! [face_dancing]

Loved, Loved, Loved the last few chapters! Excellent combination of action, adventure, banter, cuteness and mush. Especially loving J/J mush at the end!:p

Can't believe it's almost over.

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Enjoyed the Jaina/Jacen scene and how comfortable they are with each other and how to give and receive sympathy in the desired fashion.

The way they should be.

The J/J scene at the end -- beautiful and sweet. I'm happy Jag feels having his family all together makes everything worthwhile. happy

Thank you!

SWpants666
    Could just be a female thing

More likely that. ;)

Jaina and Anakin had found the control podium for the welcoming droid. They?d programmed it to greet the guests with wampa sounds. She added, ?We wouldn?t have been able to escape to do that if you hadn?t slipped into the lizard exhibit.?
    Oh it?s so them grin I love the little story.

The Solo kids? Get in trouble? Never...:p

That?s beautiful. I am so glad they have each other.

Glad that worked out well. :)

He had a feeling that if there were no place for them to go, she would just adopt them herself.
    laugh Yeah, probably
    I like their names! How long did it take you to come up with them? tongue

[face_laugh] No idea. I those are the few I didn't use the Star Wars name generator for.

One holo hadn?t made it into the crate yet. It was clutched in Luke?s hand. It was an image of Zekk leaning against the Lightening Rod with his arms crossed. He was talking to Jaina, who had one hand on the ship, checking an access panel.
    That makes me smile. I can see it perfectly in my mind too. *sigh* Oh the good ol? days.

Mhm. Back in the day.

Luke considered sorting through the holos and sending them to his niece and nephew, but he felt it was an invasion of the man?s privacy. For now, he would place them in storage until the new academy was set up.
    Aw, that?s awesome of Luke. I?ll bet Jaina (and Jacen) don?t want to really go through it all right now anyway.

No, probably not. :(

Danni was being moved on to another project. She said that she could bring Telma along with her on her next project, if she wanted. Telma wasn?t sure. She had briefly entertained returning the Ryloth, but her place was here.
    That really does sound better.
    And I think Telma will flourish here with helping everyone.

I reread it and realized what I had originally didn't make sense for her.

Yes <3
    The entire ending was beautiful.

Thank you!

Kailene
    dancing Hey, I'm caught up again! dancing
    Loved, Loved, Loved the last few chapters! Excellent combination of action, adventure, banter, cuteness and mush. Especially loving J/J mush at the end! tongue
    Can't believe it's almost over.

Thank you for sticking with me. :D I'm glad you enjoyed. The last bit will be up Wednesday, most likely.

13. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    Hello there!

I just spent the last couple days reading this whole thing through and loved it! I had way too many lines that I loved, but just assume that anything involving J/J mush was amazing.

Also, I have to add that I loved both the kids you created and the Jacen/Jag bonding in the later chapters. I felt like it added an element of reality that these two people would find some understanding in each other.

Great job again! =D==D=

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    pinkpearl89
    Hello there!
    I just spent the last couple days reading this whole thing through and loved it! I had way too many lines that I loved, but just assume that anything involving J/J mush was amazing.
    Also, I have to add that I loved both the kids you created and the Jacen/Jag bonding in the later chapters. I felt like it added an element of reality that these two people would find some understanding in each other.

Hello. :) Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it. The kids were my favorite characters to create.

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Here it is, the final post. Thank you all for reading this and for your support. [:D] I greatly appreciate it. And thank you to SWPants666 for her awesome beta skills and help! [:D]

Epilogue
    A white couch sat against the wall in the lobby of the Sliven Healing Center. The couch stood out against the bright red carpet. A young woman smiled at the young Rodian sitting on it. The woman?s hair was cut short and held away from her face by a wide red headband. Araneya called one of the attendants to alert them of the new patient?s arrival.

Araneya had helped Tahiri found the center on Ossus. Tahiri had created it specifically for helping victims of the Yuuzhan Vong war. The other Jedi helped her set it up. It started a year ago. Araneya had never fully recovered. She?d accepted that she never would be completely normal. However, she wanted to do something proactive with her time and began working as one of the receptionists. A droid was stationed with her, and a supervisor checked on her every hour.

?Good afternoon, Araneya,? Tahiri greeted as she entered the lobby with Jacen Solo. He spent a lot of time at the center working with patients.

?Good afternoon,? she greeted them. She asked, ?Are you leaving for Corellia??

Jacen nodded as he said, ?Yes, though I doubt we?ll make it in time.?

?Are you sure you will be okay?? Tahiri asked with concern. ? Tekli is staying here in my place. You can talk to her whenever you need to.?

?I?ll be fine. Have a good time,? Araneya reassured her. Tahiri rarely left the center. She wanted to be available for anyone who needed her, especially Araneya. The two of them had formed a close friendship over time.

Tahiri smiled and said goodbye. She and Jacen were on their way to meet the newest member of the Solo-Fel family.

Arenya turned back to her computer screen. She began inputting a supply order. She worked for thirty minutes without interruption.

A loud crash distracted her. She looked up to see that a cleaning droid had knocked into a trashcan. She shrugged it off, and then looked down at the computer screen with some confusion.

Where was she at?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Maddie?s Bar and Grill was one of the most popular restaurants on Cirrus. Nichos named the establishment for Stav?s dead wife to honor their family. After the war ended, he had placed a marker on Stav?s home planet for his family. He had returned to Cirrus and helped rebuild the planet.

?Hey, Nichos!? a local named Chi called out as he entered the restaurant.

Nichos greeted him with a nod. He pulled a glass out of the cabinet and filled with Chi?s favorite ale. He was one of his many regulars.

?How?s it going?? Chi asked as he took the glass gratefully.

?Good,? he responded. ?You??

?Just got off work. That new medical facility is almost done. I installed the comm systems today,? Chi said. The medical center was the first new large building to be completed on the planet.

?Good.?

?It?s slated to open at the end of the month. You know anyone looking for work??

?I?ll pass the word around,? he answered. He could think of a couple customers who might be interested in a job.

Nichos continued cleaning glasses. He knew almost everyone who came in. He worked all the time. His other employees tried to get him to take time off, but he wouldn?t. He had friends, but he felt more comfortable alone. Many of the other survivors felt that way. Trust had died during the war. You never knew if your neighbor was a Vong in disguise, or would sell you out to save their own lives. People were friendly enough in public, but behind closed doors relationships were harder.

Nichos placed the glass he was cleaning into the cabinet. He looked towards a plaque on the wall. The building was dedicated to Stav, Maddie and Abby and those who lose their lives on Yavin IV. It was a small gesture, but one he knew would be appreciated.

?You coming to the festival tonight?? Chi asked.

?What is it, exactly??

?We used to have it here every year. It celebrated the formation of the l

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fels:

@};-

Congratulations on finishing and so sweetly and satisfyingly for the Fels.

=D=

Their hard work and sacrifices have earned them this togetherness and contentment. :D

I will definitely be on hand to read whatever you write next!

[:D]

17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    No idea. I those are the few I didn't use the Star Wars name generator for.

LOL well they worked out great :)

I reread it and realized what I had originally didn't make sense for her.

Fixing it helped a lot, and did make a lot of sense.

Epilogue

Araneya called one of the attendants to alert them of the new patient?s arrival.

Knowing that she has a place in the galaxy, that she?s healing and participating makes me smile.
    It?s just very awesome.

She wanted to be available for anyone who needed her, especially Araneya. The two of them had formed a close friendship over time.

:) That?s the Tahiri I know

Maddie?s Bar and Grill was one of the most popular restaurants on Cirrus. Nichos named the establishment for Stav?s dead wife to honor their family.

I?m happy that Nichos has also found a place for himself, and that he?s trying to participate more. He deserves it.

He had friends, but he felt more comfortable alone. Many of the other survivors felt that way. Trust had died during the war. You never knew if your neighbor was a Vong in disguise, or would sell you out to save their own lives.

It?s so sad that the Vong forced such suspicious attitudes. It?s so believable. I don?t think we see that in canon but I?m 100% sure that it happened with most everyone.

Han and Leia had a small house on Corellia. They considered it their permanent home, though they never stayed there for more than a month.

They wouldn?t :p Always out and about, the two of them.

The ending was perfect. I love that Jaina & Jag have another kid, that Davin and Ani have grown up to be happy children who love the outdoors and who have their parents around.

Jag shifted Rika slightly. She let out a content sigh. ?Tough.?

And that they?re focusing on what?s most important in their lives :) <3

18. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    I finally caught and finished this masterpiece you have made, I applaud you =D=. Good stuff, can't wait for your next work.

19. Tachelle

Tachelle Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2011
    Goddess, just had to drop you a note to express how much I enjoyed reading this story. Masterfully done. It's been a pleasure to read.

20. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    I'm sad to see this finally end, but what a sweet, touching and happy ending it was! [face_love]

This was such a wonderful story, you did a great job with it. [:D]

21. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    What a great end to a great story!

I loved the family vibe to this, and how you continued it throughout!!!

great job! Be proud of yourself for finishing!

Congrats!

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Congratulations on finishing and so sweetly and satisfyingly for the Fels.
    Their hard work and sacrifices have earned them this togetherness and contentment. grin
    I will definitely be on hand to read whatever you write next!

Thank you very much. [:D] I'm working on something...not sure when it'll be ready.

SWpants666
    Araneya called one of the attendants to alert them of the new patient?s arrival.
    Knowing that she has a place in the galaxy, that she?s healing and participating makes me smile.
    It?s just very awesome.

Her character is a representation of everyone, in a way.

She wanted to be available for anyone who needed her, especially Araneya. The two of them had formed a close friendship over time.
    happy That?s the Tahiri I know

Yup. :D

Maddie?s Bar and Grill was one of the most popular restaurants on Cirrus. Nichos named the establishment for Stav?s dead wife to honor their family.
    I?m happy that Nichos has also found a place for himself, and that he?s trying to participate more. He deserves it.

He certainly does.

He had friends, but he felt more comfortable alone. Many of the other survivors felt that way. Trust had died during the war. You never knew if your neighbor was a Vong in disguise, or would sell you out to save their own lives.
    It?s so sad that the Vong forced such suspicious attitudes. It?s so believable. I don?t think we see that in canon but I?m 100% sure that it happened with most everyone.

It's yet another factor canon ignores. :rolleyes:

Han and Leia had a small house on Corellia. They considered it their permanent home, though they never stayed there for more than a month.
    They wouldn?t tongue Always out and about, the two of them.

Is someone isn't trying to kill them, life is just boring. :p

The ending was perfect. I love that Jaina & Jag have another kid, that Davin and Ani have grown up to be happy children who love the outdoors and who have their parents around.
    Jag shifted Rika slightly. She let out a content sigh. ?Tough.?
    And that they?re focusing on what?s most important in their lives happy <3

And that is what it's really all about. :)

smash128
    I finally caught and finished this masterpiece you have made, I applaud you applause . Good stuff, can't wait for your next work.

Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it. :D

Tachelle

Goddess, just had to drop you a note to express how much I enjoyed reading this story. Masterfully done. It's been a pleasure to read.

Thank you very much. :D

Kailene
    I'm sad to see this finally end, but what a sweet, touching and happy ending it was! love
    This was such a wonderful story, you did a great job with it. hugs

Thank you very much! I certainly enjoyed writing it.

Master_Jaina1011
    What a great end to a great story!
    I loved the family vibe to this, and how you continued it throughout!!!
    great job! Be proud of yourself for finishing!
    Congrats!

Family has such a strong influence on many people's lives. I wanted to use that theme throughout this. Thank you!

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Iverna made this fantastic cover for the fic. :D

[image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/FelsGoddess/cover.jpg]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A great cover for a great story :)

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004