Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ghost Chosen One

star 7
    PCCViking likes this.
  2. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 10
    Yeah, I am not going to that country, ever.
  3. Artoo-Dion New Films Manager

Manager
    star 5
  4. Ghost Chosen One

star 7
    What are the legal requirements to be guilty of Treason in the US?

Update:

last Monday (5/8) - Yates hearing on Russia investigations and more, doesn't look the best for Trump

last Tuesday (5/9) - Comey fired, shockwaves

last Wednesday 5/10) - Trump invites Russian foreign minister and ambassador to Oval Office, against protocol, blocks American press, gives Top-Secret Intel from Israel

last Thursday (5/11) - Trump derails the Pence/Spicer/Huckabee account of Comey firing, saying he'd do it anyways, was thinking about Russia, said he had dinner with Comey begging for his job when he asked about investigation... Comey ally says Trump told Comey that Trump actually demanded loyalty

last Friday (5/12) - Trump threatens Comey on Twitter with releasing "tapes" that his press won't confirm or deny

(I don't think anything broke that weekend, for the public anyways)

this Monday (5/15) - revealed that Trump leaked Top-Secret Intel from Israel to Russia during last week's surprise Oval Office meeting with Russians at center of investigation, and Trump met with the Abu Dhabi Prince who Trump tried to create a backchannel to Russia through (along with the founder of Blackwater, Betsy DeVos's brother)

this Tuesday (5/16) - content of some Comey memos revealed that Trump asked Comey to forget about investigating Flynn/Russia, after Trump insisted on Pence and Sessions leaving the room, and asked about jailing the press

this Wednesday (5/17) - Mueller appointed by DoJ/Rosenstein as Special Counsel to oversee the Russia investigation, Pence and Trump and others knew Flynn was under investigation before he was hired and therefore lied, Flynn's Turkish connections seem to have prevented a ready-to-go attack on ISIS HQ, tape shows Ryan/McCarthy talking about Putin paying Trump and swearing not to tell anyone which they first deny and then say is a joke

yesterday (5/18) - Trump campaign contacted the Kremlin 18 more times than previously disclosed, Trump told Flynn to "stay strong" AFTER firing, it's confirmed Flynn and Manafort are subjects in criminal investigation into Russia/TrumpCampaign

today (5/19) - It's revealed that Trump boasted to the Russians last week that he fired "nutjob" Comey to take the pressure off him coming from the Russia investigation, Jared Kushner is now a "person of interest" in the investigation, White House is looking for ways to prevent investigation into Kushner/Manafort, Russians were boasting how they can use Flynn to influence Trump a few months ago
    Last edited by Ghost, May 19, 2017
    Vaderize03, Juliet316, EHT and 2 others like this.
  5. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 10
    Ghost I think you confused the reply section with Google.
    SuperWatto, DanielUK and CT-867-5309 like this.
  6. Ghost Chosen One

star 7
    I know the answer, it's written into our constitution, adhering to and aiding enemies. It was a rhetorical question.
    Last edited by Ghost, May 19, 2017
  7. Likewater Jedi Master

star 4
    Their community? Would you seriously consider a project housing complex "Yours" if you had to live there? Or a mass of tenements? Any area dominant society forces you to live, whether through direct violence, denial or resources or legal shenanigans, is going to be sub standard. If you had to live in such a manor would you really consider that 'your' community? or just a place society forced you to live?

These neighborhoods are not villages settled in some distant era because the people at the time found value in the area, they are and were areas of containment no one else wanted to live in. No mythology of bootstrapping or poetic words from pastor is going to change that.
  8. Lord Vivec Force Ghost

star 8
    So like, we're actually letting this stay up? Would "I don't like Africans" have been allowed?
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, May 19, 2017
    V-2, CT-867-5309, Darth Guy and 3 others like this.
  9. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    It occurs to me that if anyone wants to know what white male privilege looks like, this presidency is it. This isnt even the tribalism behind Republican privilege. After all, Sarah Palin's antics cost John McCain the election.
    Last edited by Jedi Merkurian, May 19, 2017
  10. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 6
    why don't you like africans?
    Rylo Ken, Ender Sai and Lord Vivec like this.
  11. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 9
    The New York Times and Washington Post are collectively ripping Trump apart. Other media organizations are chipping in as well, but the Times and the Post are just laying waste to the administration. I've no doubt that Trump would order them shut down if it was within his power to do so (which perhaps it could be argued as being under the Espionage Act, though I don't think it would hold up long in court).
  12. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 9
    I see that and raise you this.

13. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Nationalism goes hand-in-hand with racism. Go figure.
    Last edited by Darth Guy, May 19, 2017
    Abadacus, V-2 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms

Manager
    star 9
    It was handled soon after it was posted. Sorry if the lack of editing at the time left the impression that such a post would be allowed. It is not.
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, May 19, 2017
  15. unicorn Jedi Grand Master

star 4

I definitely feel like I've gotten a year's subscription's worth this week. They've been competing in dropping bombshells this week.

I also noticed both of them dropped their respective bombshell stories within minutes of the Air Force One plan taking off. Guessing that was deliberately planned.

Man, I'd love to see the eventual TV series/movie they'll make of what it was like to work at either of those organizations during this time. Are those reporters even sleeping?
    Last edited by unicorn, May 19, 2017
  16. Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    How can anyone keep up with the veritable s-storm Trump is generating? There are like 4 to infinity bombshell revelations per day.

Unprecedented doesn't begin to cover it.

And just wait til he starts talking (or his best approximation) on this trip. With the avalanche of bad news and him on the road w/o his usual play pen, binkie, diaper genie, etc. There's no telling what he'll say.
  17. appleseed Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It really is obscene.
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Violent Violet Menace JCC bureaucrat

Manager
    star 5
    Whatever, the bottom line is: Mohamed Bouazizi made his livelihood out of his fruit cart, and if you smashed his fruit cart because you were mad at Zayn el-Abedine ben Ali, it wouldn't have helped him one bit. He still would have torched himself, only now it would be because of you.
    Last edited by Violent Violet Menace, May 20, 2017
    ShaneP and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  19. Darth Punk Force Ghost

star 6
    All The President's Russian Men
  20. Artoo-Dion New Films Manager

Manager
    star 5
    If the American people are so confident in the fact that "the system works", how do they explain someone like Trump attaining so much power in the first place?

My suspicion instead is that "the system works" is a nice myth that allows the populace to mentally check-out. It's apathy dressed up as patriotism.
    Darth_Voider and DanielUK like this.
  21. Leoluca Randisi Jedi Master

star 5
    for it to be treason we would have to be at war with Russia, we are not at war with Russia. BUT, It Is illegal to work with a foreign
    Government to fix an elections outcome also it is illegal to lie under oath and cover something like this up. we could charge Trump and others for Collusion they could go to jail! :D
    Last edited by Leoluca Randisi, May 20, 2017
  22. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 6
    [IMG]

Burn it. Burn it all to the ground.
  23. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms

Manager
    star 9
    It doesn't work. It hasn't work since corporatocracy took over, and corporatocracy taking over has a bit to do with how much elections cost and a bit to do with the underlying idea of decades (I remember it most prominently from the Reagan era but I won't argue that it didn't begin before then) that government providing any sort of well-funded service is a gateway drug to communism, and communism was spawned directly from Satan's back side.

The former led to only someone with as much money as Trump being able to run for office without corporate sponsorship. The latter led to private companies taking over institutions that they have no business running for a profit, like the prison system and health care.

And then there is the fact that the idea of superdelegates, initially chosen to prevent someone like Trump, instead led to insider deals within the Democratic Party in which they had already anointed their nominee before the first primary election was held.

ETA: I hope this page is satire. I can't tell.

Facebook group indicating that we should pledge allegiance to Trump
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, May 20, 2017
    appleseed, Artoo-Dion and poor yorick like this.
  24. Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    One of the best descriptions of Trump in office so far is 'white privilege performance art.'
  25. V-2 Jedi Master

star 4
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.