main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    That's just a cover. The secret evil base is underneath.

[​IMG]

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

But, Trump said Hillary should have given the Saudi money back they gave her for her AIDS fund because the Saudis enslaved women and killed gays.

Here comes Trump's budget!

I'm glad he's cutting Medicaid. Then perhaps those who use it and voted for Trump will learn.

3. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Just had to add this. [face_laugh]

Ghost, VadersLaMent and Juliet316 like this.
  4. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    "“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”
    Spicer, I think, said it best.

5. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  6. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Don't troll :p

I'm glad he's cutting Medicaid. Then perhaps those who use it and voted for Trump will learn

They won't. They never do.

7. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Well, not the real story, just another story. That a President is so hated by his own people that they are leaking information to undermine him and try and get him impeached. Just more evidence of what everyone already knows: no one wants him, he's a danger to the nation, he is a disgrace, he has made the USA the laughing stock of the world, he garners the respect of zero leaders of the world, which undermines the credibility of the federal government at home and abroad. He has to go ASAP.

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Trump's approval rating among registered/likely voters has been in a free fall since he fired Comey. The reluctant Trump voters may finally be starting to get it.

9. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Imagine if the press hit as hard on these issues:
    Bill Clinton gets $500 mil for a speech in Moscow.
    Hill didn't disclose millions given to her foundation by Russia.
    John Podesta received 35 million from Russian business partners.
    Hillary received 145 million from shareholders of a uranium company that sold to Russia.
    Hillary approved the sale of 20% of all US uranium to Russia!
    Seems pretty solid to me that she was corrupted by Russia...

10. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    They don't, because Hillary nor Bill Clinton nor John Podesta is the President Of The United States. They're just people, relatively unimportant people even. Your argument is a deflection.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    wat

12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    This is the key to midterm elections:

Rew and Pensivia like this.
  13. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    For someone who's so quick to fire off 'Fake News!' to anything that sounds remotely negative about Trump, you sure do wallow in news that isn't true. The speaking fee was $500k.

Would recommend reading the fact check article on those stats:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-donald-trumps-tweets-about-hillary-c/

14. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    She lost, J-Rod. Let it go.

On another note, Michael Flynn has officially refused to turn over documents relating to Russia, and instead is invoking the 5th. Not the headline the Trump team wants while he's trying to look all big and bad overseas. This also guarantees that the Russia story will stay in the news well into next year.

That will also be key to the midterms. And not just in Congress.

15. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    1. How did James Comey "politicize" the Russia investigation? He answered a question from Congress--the institution with constitutionally designated oversight over the FBI--about whether it exists.

2. If the investigation is now politicized, how does firing him unpoliticize it? Especially since it requires the President to nominate a new appointee to run said investgation, which will be an obvious if unspoken factor in that person's nomination process. So how does the solution even address the problem they claim exists?

17. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Clearly, I meant 500 G.

And the Politico article contained this line: In his tweets, Trump mixed legitimate allegations that Russia meddled in the election on his behalf — for which there is significant supporting evidence —

There is no supporting evidence. Not one shred. Oh!!! Wait!!!!! Trump's beauty pagent was shown in Russia in 2013!!! Oh nos!!!!!!!

Fake news.

Snopes. heh heh heh.

Hey, I didn't say firing his was a good idea. I would have the moment I entered office or after the investigation.

And who knows if Comey was politicizing the investigation. We don't get to see the behind the scenes memos unless they are damaging to Trump. And even then they may be made up.

18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I despair for the future of our world.

19. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Read this article next, which goes into all the claim made so far.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...2/all-possible-ties-between-trump-and-russia/

20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Erm, what? There's no evidence that Trump colluded with Russia.

There's plenty of evidence they tried to help him, even if the help was uninvited. That was the consensus opinion of literally all the US intelligence services.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Calling Snopes "fake news" puts one firmly in conspiracy-theory territory.

Snopes is the fact checker on fake news and is damn good at it.

22. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    I've read it. There's no "there" there. Aside from Putin's order. And that Micheal Flynn is dirty. (I think I've mentioned my mistrust of him earlier, I don't remember.

LOL. Read their "fact" checking of Crowley's debate performance. LOL!

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So what website do you use for fact-checking?

I will continue to use Snopes, I have trusted them for years and have no reason to stop.

I would love to see some support of Trump from you that does not involve:

--statistics from conservative sites
    --accusations of "fake news" or trying to accuse us of being stupid for using credentialed mainstream sources
    --any "but look over there at this Democrat" comments

Bottom line here:

None of us who trust credentialed mainstream sources, Snopes, FactChecker or any other such fact-checking site are going to stop trusting those sources or sites simply because they say something negative about Trump.

And that is all I hear from the Trump side. When something negative comes out about him, the reaction is "You can't trust that source" although that source has been considered trustworthy for decades or even a century in the case of some of the newspapers. (The New York Times was founded in 1851 and the Washington Post in 1877.)

We're supposed to stop trusting a news source that has been around that long because it reports negatively on Trump? Really?

Not. Gonna. Happen.

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    J-Rod: So what are you complaining about? Even if you personally disagree with the conclusion of every single intelligence service in the US, Politico isn't being unreasonable in writing a sentence that reflects their findings. So what's "fake" about their article? What are you criticizing in the sentence you highlighted?

25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.