main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    even if the other person has insurance, the point is that their insurance company shouldn't have to pay and they shouldn't be responsible for all of their co-pays and deductibles because you did something negligent. maybe you still disagree but i feel like you don't really have a clear grasp on what you're arguing for or against.

2. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    I understand. And I see the issue. You're saying that a person should have the personal responsibility to make sure he can compensate someone for the loss or injuries he may cause. And you are right.

But that doesn't mean it would be a good idea to make it a law.

I think that a man should take personal responsibility to not cheat on his wife and kids. That doesn't mean he should be jailed for it. Even tho it hurts not only that family, but society as a whole. But should it be a law?

*Spelling

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

Meanwhile, in Alaska, cops are fighting for the right to have sex with prostitutes during stings
    http://www.vocativ.com/428218/alaska-police-sexual-contact-sex-workers/

And the leader of the House Freedom Caucus broke down in tears when he learned via CBO Score that their bill would hurt people with pre-existing conditions
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...cement-bill-pre-existing-conditions/22109412/

Jedi Merkurian and J-Rod like this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    That's cause he does have a thing for older women.

6. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Why does Trump still do that stupid handshake thing, where he pulls the other person's hand and jerks them towards him?

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

edit:

Oh THIS is freaking awful...

Thursday, 25.05.2017 21:35 clock

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Don't insult King Kong like that. What has he done to you for such a comparison? ;)

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Tears of joy I assume? It was his Caucus that pushed for the stuff causing that result so unless he is just learning how math works, not sure what he should be crying over.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Yeah, this headline may as well have been titled "Mark Meadows is an idiot." I will grant you that healthcare is complex. But the single most predictable outcome of undoing the community rating rules is that sick people will be priced out of the market. We know this because it literally has already happened. It was the system that existed prior to these Obamacare rules and he intentionally wrote a law to roll things back to that pre-Obamacare status quo. There's no way someone could be so fundamentally disconnected from the consequences of their own actions.

11. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    After all those years.... US OWNED BY EUROPE

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That, and the ultimate outcome of the attitude that "I don't want to pay for something I don't use" is that the sickest people will be priced out of the market.

I think we would be better off with a single payer plan administered by the states, providing basic coverage--preventative and emergency care along with the basic treatment a PCP provides--with options for supplemental insurance policies that cover other services people might want. In my mind basic obstetric coverage would be included in this single payer plan, but some of the testing that is included in obstetrics might not, such as the 30-minute-long ultrasound I had during my second pregnancy because I met some arbitrary criteria for overripe ovaries was 35 years old.

Get insurance away from employment, that started decades ago as a way for employers to not have to give raises. My thinking is that most middle class and wealthy people would probably opt to buy a supplemental policy, which is fine, but the poorest people could have a way to not go bankrupt over health care expenses.

13. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  15. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    What a colossal assclown.

16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Could he get any more boorish?

17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    That's just straight up comedy.​

18. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Meme universe confirmed.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Any news out of Montana yet?

Still think the Georgia election will potentially be more prescient, but I guess we'll see.

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Nothing yet.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The people left behind when only the "deserving poor" get help

A few thoughts on this:

1. Any program bearing similarities to a program in Tudor England needs to be ended immediately.

2. Crippling anxiety needs to be taken more seriously.

3. LePage makes GOP representatives in the NC General Assembly look almost benign. I'm sorry his childhood sucked, but why exactly does he want to ensure that other people must experience what he did? Why would he wish that on people?

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Just a parade of cringeworthy moments by President Idiot. But yeah, of course its all a big lie coordinated by the liberal media. The liberal media is so powerful that it has convinced every world leader he meets to make him look bad. Yeah, so much power, yet not powerful enough to prevent him from winning. Makes total sense.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Montana polls close at 10pm ET (in 1 hour and 15 minutes), but something like two-thirds of Montana residents voted before Election Day and Gianforte allegedly raised $100,000 today.

25. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    He will probably win. A lot of people dislike the mainstream press right now. Hassan Manaj had a great bit about that at the White House Correspondents Dinner. I bet a lot of people are living vicariously, for good or bad, through this guy body slamming the reporter.

Rew and Vaderize03 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.