main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    That is the path to the destruction of the country.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I admit to being "anybody but Trump," although I had more positive feelings towards Clinton than "she isn't Trump" in the couple of months before I voted for her.

But VVM is correct, many supporters of Trump not only do not care that he does not follow any political etiquette rules or norms, or any normal procedures of ethics, they like that he doesn't.

"Why can't he talk that way? He's from New York!" There are many JCers from New York City who are not crass, disgusting and immature, but sure, let's insult all ten million people from a city.

"He's not a politician!" He doesn't have to be, he just needs to be a 70-year-old man with some semblance of humility and manners.

3. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
  4. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Yep, the Supreme Court reinstated it.

More reason to realize there really is no future and no hope. It's just the truth.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Yep, we all may as well take guns to our heads and shoot ourselves now.

6. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    That comes easy if you are a gun owner.

Sent from Hell--depending on whether or not it exists.

Juliet316 and Rew like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Eh, I prefer a more positive and constructive solution, although it costs more money and takes more time.

8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I agree. Moving to Sweden is pretty costly, and it'll take a while to transport all my belongings across the Atlantic. :p

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Man, there are people in a lot of countries who have to deal with much worse situations than a middle-class American has to face under Trump, and the worse off Americans were already worse off before.

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    EDIT: The boards still aren't fixed! That's it, I'm moving. Does Norway have a right of return for people who are a quarter Norwegian?

11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    appleseed are you sad because you're in America , or because some people won't be allowed into America .

12. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Is that why you're named Even and not Evan? 'Cause Even is a common name here.

13. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Haha, my name is actually Evan. Even is just a nickname here on the boards.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I'm sad because I am from a country that starts stupid wars, destabilizes regions that are already in pretty precarious positions, then refuses to take responsibility for our actions, and in fact, we play the victim.

We're not the only reason that region and those people's lives are so screwed up, but we have contributed greatly to it and we take no responsibility for it.

15. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    From the Rogue POTUS twitter account:

Dated: 7:31 AM - 26 Jun 2017 (EST, no doubt)

https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff/status/879346461267427328

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I think a bit of healthy skepticism is in order regarding these "rogue" Twitter accounts that literally anyone could have registered, but I thought we realized that months ago.

17. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Wouldn't surprise me, though. It's perfectly in character for him.

Now if I hear that he's been hospitalized for a muscle sprain, well...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    This whole 'I'm not being rude, I'm being honest' is bullcrap of the highest order.

At the same time those who subscribe to it tend to instantly turn into super-delicate snowflakes when the language they like to use at people is used on them.

19. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    SuperWatto likes this.
  20. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    I wasn't talking about Russia, though. I was talking about campaign promises.

21. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    OH! My bad. LOL. Well I've been promoting those same policies for years. So to say I don't care about them isn't accurate. I'm willing to lose some to gain others, if it comes to it. Negotiation matters and I wish both sides did more of it.

Take the Dreamers, for example. If it makes getting other parts of immigration reform done, I could see giving in and allowing them to keep their status.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  22. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Still funny.

23. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Well, then I apologise for getting ahead of myself. But am I correct in assuming that even if Trump kept none of his promises, by the time of reelection you would still prefer him than a Democrat? To be clear, I'm not singling you out here, I think this applies to a huge chunk of voters on both sides, and that was really what I was pointing out with my post.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I give J-Rod credit for having conditions under which he would not vote for Trump again.

My concern is that a lot of people who voted for him will assume, even with beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt proof of obstruction of justice and illegal election tampering, that Trump is just a victim of some conspiracy against Trump and that he deserves sainthood, not ousting.

It's not new, I remember very well Hillary Clinton claiming a "vast right-wing conspiracy" against her husband, as well as some fans of his that I knew personally, claiming that "the media" was out to get him.

Nope, it is the media's job to call the President on his ****, then and now, as well as to investigate and report.

25. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001

That's the thing - any "proof" Trump colluded with Russia or obstructed justice would come from Mueller and Trump surrogates are already trying to paint him as a partisan hack (even though he's a Republican, appointed by a Republican and confirmed 99-0). So any results of his investigation will just be viewed as corrupt and "fake news" and none of his supporters will care. Already Trump surrogates are all over the talk shows saying Mueller is unreliable and not to be trusted to do an impartial investigation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.