main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Who knows? He is concerned about his image more than anything; it doesn't *have* to be illegal or even all that shady for him to want to hide it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm really sorry to hear about Senator McCain's cancer. It seems reasonable to believe that it may have had something to do with his bizarre public comments and questions toward James Comey when Comey testified.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    A damn shame about McCain. Yeah I feel bad for mocking his questioning of Comey. I hope he pulls through, but with a glioblastoma, those chances are slim to none, especially at his age.

Trump did an interview with the New York Times, and he really went after Jeff Sessions in it, saying that he would not have nominated him for AG had he known Sessions would recuse himself, and mocking Sessions's answers in his confirmation hearings.

The Transcript

EHT, Juliet316 , JEDI-RISING and 2 others like this.
  4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Trump is going to attempt to fire Mueller at some point. I don't see how he can avoid it. Mueller is the type to run down everything, and to do it with great skill, and he's assembled a highly skilled team of people to do that with and for him. Trump is so deeply enmeshed with Russia on just about every conceivable level that he really could be considered an intelligence asset for them. That doesn't begin to deal with something comparatively pedestrian (but still serious) like obstruction of justice. If Mueller's team is allowed to finish, there's no way Trump avoids having damning evidence shown, along with a number of others in the administration.

The aftermath of that attempt (whether it's successful or people keep refusing to do it to the point where Trump has to back off) will go a long way toward determining what kind of country we have for the next many years and decades.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    On the other hand, it could be that it was caught early, given McCain's history with cancer, I'd presume he's checked regularly and often for any signs of cancer.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Unfortunately glioblastomas are pretty aggressive. It also depends on where in McCain's head the tumor is located as to whether it is operable right now, and there is a treatment called gamma knife radiation, but it's more of a stop-gap than a cure.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    CNN on the telly reported that surgeons have gone in above his left eye and removed the tumor in that location.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What an idiot.

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The President weighed in on Senator McCain's diagnosis. It definitely sums up how I feel:

John McCain is an American hero & one of the bravest fighters I've ever known. Cancer doesn't know what it's up against. Give it hell, John.

— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) July 20, 2017

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Not wishing to defend Mr Trump, but hyperbole is not grounds to consider someone an asset.

He's an actual useful idiot, but he's not an asset. Remember, "asset" in intelligence terms is a prescribed, not vernacular, term.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  11. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    This just keeps getting dirtier and dirtier.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Paul Manafort owed millions of dollars to pro-Russia interests before he became President Donald Trump’s campaign chairman last year, the New York Times reportedlate Wednesday.
    According to the New York Times report, which cited financial records filed in Cyprus in 2016, Manafort — who kept bank accounts in the low tax jurisdiction — owed as much as $17 million to pro-Russia interests.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  12. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Yes they are - both schools are notorious recruitment traps for the Left. Those poor kids will be sucked in and their lives ruined by Progressive Leftist Propaganda. Neither child will be given the opportunity to make sandwiches for their husbands or experience the joy of being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. They will be told they are equal of men and should pursue careers and other wicked lies. For shame gay parents. For. Shame.

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Only people with "mental disorders" are homeless. Well then, the system is perfect.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Laughed so hard I may have re-injured an abdominal muscle.

15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Trump needs to be handcuffed to his personal criminal defense lawyer so that he can't get out and do press interviews where we laments about missed opportunities to further obstruct more justice.

16. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Good video, thanks for sharing. Here's a PragerU video I found insightful.

J-Rod likes this.
  17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Reading an interview with Trump feels like participating in disaster tourism.

Juliet316 , Rylo Ken and heels1785 like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There are quite a few factual errors in that video. That there have been "no significant warming" in the past couple of decades is simply not true.

Also, do note that he cites no sources whatsoever for his claims in the video.
    If you google around a bit, the sources he cites on the website are all written by himself, and are not peer reviewed scientific papers. Actually, one of the sources he cites for the video is... the video.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to point out that "Prager University" is in no way, shape or form a university.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  20. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    I love posts like this! The left's inability to recognize reality made Trump president! So please, stay in your safe places! It gives me great hope for 2018 and 2020!

21. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
  22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love posts like this. Conservatives inability to recognize reality is why trump is president. So please continue to damage the country without thought.

23. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005

Are you calling the co-founder of GREENPEACE a fraud and unworthy of five minutes and an open mind to hear his presentation?

J-Rod likes this.
  24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    J-Rod: You do realize I chose my words intentionally. By responding, you only gave them more power. This is literally how Donald Trump continues to bury himself-by reacting to every perceived slight against him.

It has nothing to do with not acknowledging reality. It has everything to do with the core belief that, by his actions and that of a foreign power, Trump has de-legitimized himself as President, effectively handing the title of Leader of the Free World to Angela Merkel, while recklessly pursuing policies that harm millions to personally enrich his business interests and that of his friends.

So, until he decides to actually act presidential instead of playing with trucks and utilizing mafia level negotiation styles to bully US Senators, I will continue to refer to Barack Obama as The President because he still acts like it despite being out of office for 6 months. Donald Trump acts worse than a toddler and is as far from presidential as one can be.

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I watched the video and noticed that it featured false statements and factual errors. I then went as far as to google around to see what kind of sources he could have used. It turns out he didn't have any, except for himself. So yeah, he's a fraud; his argument is literally: "This is how it is. How do I know this? Because I said it!".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.