main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Not to mention what happened during Katrina. Which is what white supremacists want more of.

2. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    STATUE ENTHSIASTS

3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'd like to see more people destroying those statues. V style.

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i just saw a yahoo story about a guy flying the nazi flag outside of his house, then i go look at twitter and the fake president is at it again.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Black Lives Matter is about white on black violence that is the result of racial profiling/racism in general. Black on black violence is the same as white on white violence. Not racially motivated, just motivated by stupidity.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

"What about the Left that was attacking the Right with clubs?"

David Duke thanked Trump for what he said in this press conference.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Chief of Staff Charlie Brown during the presser:

[​IMG]

edit - SuperWatto the guy on the far right doing his best Maxine impression

8. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    He'll never disavow the alt right and white supremacists. He's too egotistical to throw people who unquestionably love him under the bus.

He probably thinks he needs the Nazi to make the 2020 election safe from being rigged...

9. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    They chose this. Him, Mattis and McMaster. If they are all truly loyal to the United States, they should resign.

V-2 likes this.
  10. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    No, they need more people in the administration that look like that when Trump speaks, not less.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I must say, I have family on facebook who voted for Trump and occasionally post right wing memes and ask why the Left does this or that. After Charlottesville? Nothing. Dead silence. Perhaps that's a good sign.

12. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    That was embarrassing.

Usual Trump MO:

Trump: "Says X"
    Aides on various talk shows for 24 hours "No, he really meant Y!"
    Trump: "No, I really, really meant X".

Also his "There were some good people there protesting the removal of the statue". Nope, once you get there and you see the other people in your group in NAZI AND KKK GEAR you GTFO if you're a "good person".

V-2, Ghost, Jedi Merkurian and 3 others like this.
  13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

He's technically right though. Those fascists will one day die, and the only good fascist is a dead one.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Good grief.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My comment on that was you're not going to show up and support white supremacists unless you are one. White supremacy is deplorable enough that decent people will not associate themselves with it.

And the statue of Washington argument does not sway me at all, because I don't care.

16. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I would say I'm shocked and appalled by this, but... well, this is Trump, so I'm just appalled. Of course he's blaming the counter-protesters. I'm actually a bit surprised he didn't just open with this on Monday instead of kind of sort of maybe admitting that Nazis are bad. And sure, now he says he wanted to wait for confirmation, mainly because it was a white attacker. If any other "incident" has even a hint of a non-white attacker, he instantly declares it terrorism.

I wonder how they kept his phone away from him on Sunday, as otherwise this is the typical Trump- escalate and insult. Or maybe he didn't realize his Monday "apology" was worthless by then? Hard to tell with him.

17. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Imagine if it had been a group of Muslims who had congregated and one of them had rammed a white civilian with a car and murdered them. He would be tweeting furiously about terrorism, expressing his heartbreak over the "beautiful life" taken by a Muslim terrorist, saying this why his travel ban is needed and applauding the brave counter protestors. Oh and there would definitely be no "there were some good Muslims there".

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Doesn't that speak against the idea you can engage fascists in dialogue? That it's self-evidently a bad ideology?

19. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Honestly, I am not even appalled by it anymore. I am more numb to it all now. The President of the United States is 71 year old racist fox news watcher.

It is what it is.

20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    A lot of people in that time period owned slaves and were racist. But in there was no Civil War during the time of Washington and Jefferson. When the time came to actually answer the question many years later, there were people who fought to keep the institution of slavery. Those people shouldn't be glorified. Statues and monuments of important people who also held slaves well before that aren't really relevant.

21. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Watched CNN this evening. Wished i hadn't eaten before that. Absolutely disgusting watching Trump defending Nazis.

22. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Josh Marshall brought up a good point about Jefferson, Washington etc.

Jefferson and Washington both owned slaves, but they also left a legacy more then that. When we think of Washington, we think of the first US President and US General. Jefferson, we think of the Declaration of Independence and the Louisiana purchase.

What the hell is Robert E. Lee known for, except being a top military commander for a rebellion, who's main goal was maintaining the right to own other human beings? Granted, this isn't mean't to whitewash Jefferson and Washington, but their situations are much more complex then Confederate icons like Lee and Jackson.

23. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Can't wait for the likes of JRod and starbob to attempt to defend this.

Bbbbut whataboutheremails

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

V-2, Juliet316 and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh for god's sake. J-Rod won't defend Nazis. He never has, never will. He is utterly deaf and blind to systemic racism, but he considers racism beneath him and is vehemently opposed to it as a concept.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    At least Trump didn't pretend for long. He confirmed what we all know: He's a racist. He's a cowardly pathetic racist. He has been shown to all the world for the racist he is. No more pretending he ever gave a flying **** about anyone but himself. He doesn't. It's all about him.

Now let's see those approval ratings stay in the 30s. He will eventually make it to the single digits I think. Only question is whether it's before January or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.