main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    I get that part.

But if a person is honest, he/she can't pretend last weekend represents Antifa's last 12 or 18 months. That's just not accurate.

And since when are people who stand to the left of myself suddenly cool with having trials and sentencing without legal representation?

I mean, how is your example any less deserving of a trial than someone shooting at a cop???

I would imagine that both of us would expect that all opportunities for legal justice be sought first.
    In order for anything of this to make any kind of sense you'd have to pretend that the last year or year and a half of Antifa didn't exist.

Innocent people don't march is fascist marches. We can both agree with that. But the problem is Antifa considers all pro Trump marches are fascist. That isn't true.

But they behave as if it is. And you're using one weekend, last weekend, to justify the whole thing.

That's not honest.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think we'll be in agreement when Antifa goes to a pro-Trump rally and runs over 20-30 Trump supporters with a car.

Last weekend was not a pro-Trump rally, it was a white supremacy march, and neither anger at Antifa, Antifa's prior misbehavior, nor literally anything else justifies white supremacy itself nor what happened in Charlottesville.

V-2, Rew, SpecForce Trooper and 12 others like this.
  3. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Listen to what Heather H's Mom had to say:

V-2 likes this.
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's at least debatable. i mean i'm not calling you a fascist so clearly not all trump supporters are fascists. the rallies on the other hand, with the nuremberg-style chants of "build the wall" and throwing out black students just because they happen to be black, start to take on that air. that said, antifa can get it wrong. they aren't a hive mind, they're individual people and people make mistakes. we shouldn't excuse the times that they're wrong because other times they are right, but we shouldn't do the opposite either.

5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    What. A. Tool.

A non-scientist, discussing what is or isn't "good science"?

Awesome.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Trump sure does love those right wing lunatics.

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]
    Who is dead, and how did they die?

V-2, Alpha-Red, Rew and 11 others like this.
  8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    strange how we've had other big families like the Kennedy's and Bush's and this never happened before:rolleyes:

9. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Can't be Rorschach, as much as he hates people, it's more of his side that has power atm. Although he would feel America is not objectivist enough for him.

Darth Nerdling and gezvader28 like this.
  10. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    I didn't justify anything. All I'm saying is both sides are guilty. That doesn't mean I'm saying that one side is innocent.

The problem is, when they are wrong innocent people are hurt. And even when they are right, there was no due justice. Without regard to...anything, really, they serve their own brand of "justice."

People who support Antifa have ambushed cops. It's ugly. And sure, we can say that they aren't actual Antifa members, but the guy driving the car wasn't a member if Unite the Right, either.

The fact is this: The fringe on both the left and right are becoming violent.

It's OK to say that both are wrong. In fact, if that isn't your position, you are wrong. (Using the word "you" euphemistically, of course)

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am curious as to why this enormous and dangerous menace Antifa wasn't being discussed until a Nazi ran a girl over in Virginia.

ukijedi, V-2, Rew and 24 others like this.
  12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Similar to how George Soros suddenly became the big, bad monster in the eyes of the alt-right.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I assume I just "wasn't paying attention." Sort of like Pizzagate.

V-2, Juliet316, DANNASUK and 2 others like this.
  14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Because the right knows they are 100% wrong and refuse to admit it. Heather Heyer is dead because of conservative Americans.

All antifa does is harass klansmen and nazis with sticks. The KKK and the Nazis kill people.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I still have no clue what pizzagate is/was

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nothing. It was nothing.

SpecForce Trooper and Juliet316 like this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If you're not listening to talk radio and/or reading the Drudge Report and Breitbart, then you aren't paying attention, Dan.

Pizzagate, exposed by Oscar-winning filmmaker James O'Keefe, was a deep and dark conspiracy ring through which Maxine Waters, George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and the ghost of Seth Rich conspired to sell pizza to illegal immigrants.

18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    No clue on pizzagate have a vague inkling on what gamergate was/is and I only first heard about antifa in this thread

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    In secondary school antifa was called AFA and they were intermingled with the local anarchists. All they did was to put up posters in school though.

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I think they're still called AFA in Sweden.
    I knew a guy who was a member back in the late 90s - he claimed to have "kicked a lot of nazi butts", but knowing him, it was probably in some video game if anything.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Every time I see it I think it's about people with an issue with the Football Association

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Pizzagate is the "scandal" that Hillary Clinton ran a child sex slavery ring out of a pizza shop, and led to some guy shooting up that pizza shop I think? Something like that.

23. darth-calvin

darth-calvin Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 10, 2002
    Rew, Juliet316, SuperWatto and 4 others like this.
  24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    The fact is this: destruction of property, violence, and intimidation are wrong. Killing people for...

-being black
    -being Jewish
    -being liberal
    -being anti-killing blacks, Jews, and/or liberals

...are all worse.

It's OK to say one is bad, but the other is worse. In fact, if this isn't your position, you are wrong. (Using the word "you" euphemistically, of course.)

ukijedi, V-2, Rew and 13 others like this.
  25. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Juliet316 and darth-calvin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.