main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The "Wilson Plot" springs to mind, in regards how Trump will meet his political fate.

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Nobody is asking forever. PR said it will take until March for the power to be truly restore. By then the US can start downgrading it's response. But not now obviously.

EHT

Yep and incredibly they already openly talk about what would happen if Trump decided want to see some "beautiful orange mushroom clouds" with his morning McDonald's breakfast. Tackling him and calling for a citizens arrest seems like the most logical response. What scary is this. Do you think any other administration brass had to sit down and lay out a game plan in case the president decided to call a first strike nuclear attack? Not in the slightest.

Darth Nerdling, Juliet316 and EHT like this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Indeed he is, but he isn't alone in the decision-making. He's not a dictator, and should he attempt anything too stupid, I have little doubt he would be removed from office.

Juliet316 and EHT like this.
  4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I wonder not be surprised if there are efforts, behind the scenes, to remove Trump from office.

Juliet316 and EHT like this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    They certainly seem laying the groundwork. I sometimes wonder if they are trying to make his life so miserable that will just decided "I don't need this!" and walk out. When you don't have an ally in the WH outside of your family and you are the president, you got major issues.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i had to google this. it was better imagining trump getting it from a mysterious neighbor in a fishing hat or angry decorated volleyball.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  8. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Nuclear launch protocol takes less than six minutes. The only thing fast enough to remove him under those circumstances is, well, you figure it out.

EDIT: Trump just handed the Democrats a YUGE political gift with his executive order on healthcare. Collapse the markets, just in time for the midterms. Because that will work. BIGLY.

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I am sorry to disappoint.

10. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I assume this executive order gets challenged in court along with all the other executive orders that have been challenged in court.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    If only the Jedi Council challenged Order 66 in the courts.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  12. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    good point

SuperWatto likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Is Rush finally coming to his senses? Also, who names their child "Rush"?

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes, your cartoonishly racist, homophobic puppy.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Parents that are high?

17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Trump's executive order on ObamaCare will get thrown out really quickly by the courts just like anything else he done on a whim.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Or stupid.

19. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Education will not be fixed in America. In fact, nothing in America will ever be fixed. America advanced as far as it could up to 2016. It's all going downhill from here.

Absolutely disgusting. It's beyond a dereliction of duty, this is a direct threat to the lives of Americans.

V-2 likes this.
  20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    appleseed, I will gladly nominate myself as your therapist.

21. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I don't think it'll make a difference with his base. I think they follow the one-drop rule: as long as there's 1 percent of Obama in our healthcare system, then any collapse will be his fault.

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.
    Me: Like a nuclear war?

The rest of the GOP is nearly as insane as Trump: "We have to get rid of Trump. He's becoming more unhinged by the day. He literally might nuke millions of innocent people. No, wait... On second thought, let's push through tax reform. That's more important."

Keep those priorities straight.

Rew, Nobody145, Pensivia and 2 others like this.
  22. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    are they tho ? I mean it seems like I've been hearing this since he was elected (or before even !) , there's been constant reports of his own party wanting to get rid of him . But isn't this just wishful thinking ?

plus - I can't help thinking that a lot of politicians will be getting away with all sorts of stuff while the spotlight is on Trump .

Rew and V-2 like this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Darth Nerdling

If Republicans were really serious about impeachment, I am sure the Democrats will let them pass a measured tax reform bill after Trump is kick out and let Mikey sign it before the midterms next year. I am not saying RR is a liar, just that phone discussion might have some hyperbole in it. Also I don't know how you remember all that.

Trump's base at this point just cares about him fighting wedge social issues and spouting nonsense. That is why he went after the NFL. He saw a chance to distract his base after the TrumpCare failure. What everyone is forgetting the "movement" was a essentially a non-issue. Bleacher Report said it best, the movement was pretty much over. Less then ten players were kneeling and the ones that did nobody noticed. It was when Trump decided to go off triggered in a Alabama High School Gym that players began to kneel like crazy which they absolutely love which is why he keeps it up and now is firing other targets almost on an hourly basis. And again his supporters eat it up. Long as Trump is the mad tweeting bomber who goes after their "enemies" they are happy.

gezvader28

I think they want him out more then the Democrats do. To the Democrats he is the gift that keeps on giving. To the Republicans, he is the man that is destroying a party that has been around since the Civil War. They love nothing more then to boot him out of office. Problem is how do you do that without splintering the part in half forever? IMHO it's going to happen regardless. Bannon and the crazy right are just never going to stop until they have their own party so the GOP brass should just let them go and try to play for a more center-right coalition. They be hard to win at first but maybe over time they can rebuild their brand up.

24. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    On the one hand, Donald Trump poses an existential threat to all humans living on the earth. On the other hand, we really want a tax cut for the rich.

25. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    No amount of therapy can change the fact that this country has chosen for it's leader a massive bigot who has no empathy. I am ashamed, embarrassed and disgusted to be an American.

Pensivia and V-2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.