main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I'm 49. And I follow the news pretty closely. That doesn't not mean I feel I am some sort of expert-I am much more humble than that.
    I'm 49, I live in a Red State (NC), my parents were FDR Democrats who saw and supported a lot of the Civil Rights Movement in my hometown of Greensboro, NC, where a lot of that went down, starting with the sit-ins at the Woolworth's. My did did masonry on a lot of buildings at the A&T campus. My parents would go to speeches by Civil Rights leaders in Greensboro. They also strongly opposed the Vietnam War, a war which ended up causing my oldest brother to contract stomach cancer from the spraying of Agent Orange, leading to his death almost 40 years later.

My parents (especially my mother) were liberals bordering on being leftists. I'm more to the left than they were. I do not begrudge anyone success, however, i just don't like seeing working people get screwed, which is what the right has been doing since 1980.

2. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    *claps* Bravo,bravo good sir.I am with you on this.I'm for the working man/woman and leave in a red state and day in and day out i keep see people vote against them self's.

appleseed likes this.
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Trump was bragging about his approval rating being 45%, which is strange. I thought it was lower. 51% disapproved. I thought that was higher. But a lot of people really dislike DeVos and Sessions. Makes me wonder how long they’ll last in the job.

In other news, Queen Elizabeth said Trump cannot have a state visit in the UK until the distaste over him dies down. That won’t be soon. Also, Prince Harry said Trump is not welcome at his wedding, and he called him a serious threat to human rights.

4. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    I do not know what is this "Democrat Party" you speaketh of.

5. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    A video of Roy Moore has surfaced in which he blames drive-by shootings on the teaching of evolution in schools. He said, "They're acting like animals because we've taught them that they came from animals." Apparently, he needs a mirror.

Also, Moore has praised Putin, not surprisingly, for his horrible anti-gay laws.

6. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Sad thing is, it won't matter. Enough Alabama citizens seem to agree with him to put him over the top.

Looking at the silver lining though, he will make a powerful foil for the Democrats in the 2018 midterms. Like Trump, he won't be able to keep his self-righteous mouth shut. Hopefully, that will add to the energy and motivation of the Democratic Party going into next November.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Somebody tell ole’ Roy that better evolved and more intelligent primates than himself, such as chimpanzees, are not committing drive-by shootings.

Seriously, that comment of his needs to be part of a Daily Show or SNL sketch.

8. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Cooper goes through all the crazy things Roy Moore says and plays the clip to. Moore's spokesman is bat **** crazy and can't answer any questions regarding Moore's comments. 8-}

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    He's bragging about the fact that less than half of the American people approve of him. That's sad for so many reasons. How did we get to the place where it's okay for a politician to please less than half of the country that he supposedly represents? There was a time when the understanding was that these elected officials were servants of the people. Let's break that percentage down in terms of something other than public approval. Would you keep an employee who pleased you less than half the time? Or what if you had an employee that was scheduled for forty hours a week, but showed up for only eighteen of them? If it was a janitor or a secretary or a receptionist that was only satisfactory 45% of the time, they would be fired instantly. If it's the President, I guess that percentage of a good job is supposed to be a real achievement.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It was also a Rasmussen poll, which is always an outlier. His real approval rating is more like 35%.

11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  12. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    "Party before country." That's their mentality. It's sick.

Meanwhile, there are polls that show that one third of Republicans don't want to run again.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...voters-want-someone-other-than-trump-for-2020

Meanwhile, Trump Jr. likely faces a grand jury subpoena after his bizarre congressional testimony. There was no attorney-client privilege when he spoke with his father. Neither of them are lawyers. How stupid.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/he...s-privilege-claims-are-clearly-incriminating/

13. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    "Party before country." That's their mentality. It's sick.

Yet we have reports like this one.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...voters-want-someone-other-than-trump-for-2020

Meanwhile, Trump Jr. is likely facing a grand jury subpoena after his bizarre congressional testimony.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Is it possible that Bush II felt that he was cheated out of being Commisioner of Baseball, and therefore as President, he cracked down on steroids?

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    edit: double post

17. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    If he cracked down on steroids, there would be no steroids to go with the meth that Alex Jones takes. Otherwise, he wouldn't accuse lesbians of eating brains. (He's confused about what we eat.)

Tillerson ended a European trip after a wave of rebukes to Trump's positions.

18. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    Great, now the neighbors don't even want us around. The French better keep their mouths shut as long as they continue to protect Roman Polanski.

19. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Justice in that case is long overdue.

Vaderize03 and Juliet316 like this.
  20. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    Polanski really sums up the human race to me.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    [​IMG]

22. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    How does Polanski sum up the human race to you, Appleseed?

23. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Nearly as bad as fake news is clickbait headlines.
    Twitter's response is nonexistant. They don't take responsibility for facilitating destabilization.
    The response mentioned is from random Twitter users who don't matter. It's the modern version of a street interview.

V-2 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m aware of that; my point was not about whether random Twitter users have any influence over anything. It was that the Post reporter apologized for making a mistake but Trump kept pushing the issue anyway. Because apparently reporters and newspapers are not allowed to issue retractions anymore, as they have done since their inception. Reporters and newspapers must be infallible 100 percent of the time, or they are “fake news.”

Which is ridiculous, yet Trump wants to use this idea to roll back freedom of the press, and some people are buying into it.

Jedi Merkurian and SuperWatto like this.
  25. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I know, just saying.

- Trump just bullied a Washington Post reporter on Twitter; Twitter wisely keeps its mouth shut, because Twitter realizes that Twitter itself is the fake news medium here -
    would be more accurate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.