main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I'll wait until I'm sure Moore isn't going to demand a recount.

2. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Senate is seriously in play now.

I never thought I would say that 6-7 months ago.

Ghost likes this.
  3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017

It's not even gonna be close. Even the uncounted counties are swinging heavily towards Jones.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’ll take his tears bat**** insane tweets with my coffee in the morning.

5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Hold on folks Breitbart hasn't called it yet.

Alpha-Red, V-2, Pensivia and 11 others like this.
  6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The relief is actually palpable. If Moore won, it was definitely going to be an appleseed kind of night here in the Rogue household. I mean, we have a long way to go, but some semblance of hope that this country will actually come out of this long night of the soul is actually burning.

7. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I'm genuinely surprised, in a good way. There's hope yet.

8. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    Alabama voted in Doug Jones?!??? What about Hillary's emails though??

Seriously though, good job Alabama. Next item of discussion: "Local pedophile gets half the vote, what's next? An actual murderer? As long as it's not a Democrat, then yes!"

9. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
  10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Let's get to celebrating.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Darth Bary

Darth Bary Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2016
    Wow, simply incredible. Even when polls showed Jones with a big lead, I thought it was too good to be true. Gives me a little more hope for the country, and especially for 2018.

12. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Democrats have found the winning formula: run a guy who threw KKK members in prison for murder against a serial pedophile. This will be easy to replicate! :p

V-2, Darth Punk , Pensivia and 13 others like this.
  13. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Voter ID laws are Poll Taxes. Elections should be free and fair.

Very glad to see Jones won. The Democrats need to study what was done in Alabama closely, especially however they addressed voter suppression.

14. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Down with child molesters in the U.S. Senate!!! WooHoo!!

(Yes I know the bar is lowered, but what are you gonna do? It’s a victory)

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Yeah, appleseed

What say you now?

16. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    There is not much to study from Alabama.

All you can really do is recruit well and hope things break your way. Jones ran a great campaign, but he was lucky that Moore is utterly terrible.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Ironic thing is, if the guy Trump originally got behind had won the GOP primary instead of Moore a few months ago, Republicans might have this seat tonight instead of Doug Jones.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    McConnell will certainly do his damnedest to get the supersized plutocrat handout passed before he's required to seat Jones.

Also, hooray! An insane, incompetent, insanely bigoted, disgraced judge barely lost because he also happened to have groped a 14-year-old!

Alpha-Red, V-2, Pensivia and 12 others like this.
  19. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I only have a few work contacts in alabama, and im sure they will be upset (good). Really worried about trump and/or moore or others calling for recounts and “investigating” voter fraud.

Pensivia and Juliet316 like this.
  20. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Very glad about this result, and I hope it bodes well for 2018.

I dunno, I would have to know more of the information from the ground, but whatever they did to deal with the voter suppression laws in Alabama needs to be studied and hopefully applied to other places, and hopefully wherever they need to improve they can improve on it. Of course having a solid candidate and a horrid opponent helps, and they can't count on but so many terrible opponents.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    FOX has, though

22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Wow. A Democrat just won... in Alabama. I know he was running against a psychopathic pedophile, but still this is monumental. Especially in light of the results from last month as well, I'm starting to feel the a slight glimmer of hope and optimism for 2018.

23. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I heard that Jones won about twenty minutes ago. I was relieved. If Moore had actually won, I would have been even more disgusted than I am now with the current amount of predators we have in DC. Trump is not only denying that the nineteen accusers knew him, but he has implied that Kirsten Gillibrand offered him sex for money. He responded to charges of sexual assault with sexual harassment. This man's middle name should be disgrace. Meanwhile, a Republican in the House, Dan Johnson, has been accused of child abuse. See what I mean about predators in DC? Anyway, I'm sure that Democrats in the Senate will be glad to have Jones.

appleseed and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Trump melts down and backstabs Moore in 3,2,1......

25. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    I disagree on the Voter ID laws being a direct poll tax. A photo ID is required for so many things, I'm surprised it wasn't mandated for voting long ago. I recently moved to an apartment and opened a bank account, and I needed so many forms of ID. One form of photo ID as a requirement is nothing compared to so many other things that everybody does (except the homeless probably.)

We are talking about a government issued identification card here, it's important to have one! Allow me to reiterate, I don't think enforcing Voter ID laws should be a goal for our country right now. But if it does happen, I can see the logic in it, and I really don't think it is suppressing voting. If someone can't scrounge up twenty bucks to get a photo ID, that is really too bad, but in that case I think their inability to vote is the least of their problems. If Republicans really are using Voter ID laws as a form of suppression, they are doing a terrible job at suppressing.

And as far as voter suppression in Alabama goes, has anybody heard of any suppression going on there?

PS: I'm glad to see you being so positive Appleseed. I agree, it does bode well for 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.