main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Far more likely he has a heart attack first. Keep those Big Macs coming!

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    And it will be more once Trump declares Democrats to blame the shutdown come tonite and then take off for a $100,000 a couple dinner at his property. You read that right. $100,000 a couple dinner marking his first year in office.

Democrats just need to keep nominating people who fit the district/state they are trying to represent and not worry about national politics identity. Conor Lamb looks like a real strong candidate who might pull a true upset off.

And the Stormy Daniels stuff is way too TMI but it’s also hilarious especially since it’s making those on the religious right who still support him squirm and turn into jelly.

@Yodaminch

I actually think the end will come at his own hand. Those around him said he gets more enrage and flys off the handle faster by the week it seems. I think it’s just a matter of time before he finally loses it in public and that will be the end of it. It will be something simple that will do it too. But I still think him in his white tighties surrounded by half eaten McDonald’s cheeseburgers mumbling to himself in the Oval Office while poor Melania screams is a good possibility too.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  3. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    you can say that again .

Jedi Merkurian and Rylo Ken like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a government shutdown when the same party controlled both Congress and the Presidency. I remember pretty well the Clinton/Gingrich shutdown in the 90s but that made more sense.

ETA: Forgot about the Obama-era shutdown in 2013, IIRC that was also with a GOP-controlled Congress.

Mitch McConnell speaking right now and trying to whine about how it’s all the Democrats’ fault is hilarious and pathetic.

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    You aren't sure you've seen it because it's never happened before (in that way).

6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yep not like this it’s ever happened before. I wonder if Boehner ever regrets walking away from the grand bargain him and Obama were close to reaching on a long term spending. TBF I honestly do not think it would pass Congress anyway. Boehner knew the crazies in his party were never going to go for it and Obama was having a tough time drumming up support among Democrats. I still would like to seen it come to the floor and have it been seen just out of touch and uncompromising Washington as become.

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You need to stop believing late-night talkshow hosts.

DANNASUK likes this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Any psychology students around? This thread has became a fantastic source of research into the human mind, behaviour, etc in the last few pages.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The Democrats still controlled the Senate at that time, but Ted Cruz became the face of that shutdown with his fillabustering on the Senate floor.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
  11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Sadly it'd probably be like this...

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    So what have I learned today? That Trump is going anti-abortion and that that DoD has eliminated climate change as a threat. Forward onto victory!

13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Trump and Chuck meet today. No deal. Big surprise. And even if there was one, Trump would tweeted

@Yoda’s_Roomate

Neither of those are surprising. Trump needs to keep the 40% who follow him blindly without question happy at all cost. If they go suddenly them it will truly be game over.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Trump is deeply afraid of Sharks

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...daniels-interview_us_5a620056e4b074ce7a07a008

Trump is superstitious about his hair:
    “He said that he thought that if he cut his hair or changed it, that he would lose his power and his wealth. And I laughed hysterically at him.”

Trump is also very seductive:
    “’You know, you’re so beautiful. I love your little nose, it’s like a little beet.’ I go, ‘Did you say a beet? Like, what the f―?’ I started giving him a hard time about it. And he goes, ‘No, no, no, no! It’s majestic. It’s a very smart nose, like an eagle.’”
    “He just kept talking about this magazine that he was on the cover of, like, ‘Look at this magazine, don’t I look great on the cover?’”

He also asked Stormy Daniels to sign a DVD of her work.

15. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    When I see this, I think that this is what conservatives want all over the nation. Its the same reason why they should die out.

http://www.statesman.com/news/crime...-defendant-not-guilty/ZRdGbT7xPu7lc6kMMPeWKL/

A state district judge in Comal County said God told him to intervene in jury deliberations to sway jurors to return a not guilty verdict in the trial of a Buda woman accused of trafficking a teen girl for sex.

Judge Jack Robison apologized to jurors for the interruption, but defended his actions by telling them “when God tells me I gotta do something, I gotta do it,” according to the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels.

16. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

17. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Senator Bob Menendez is going to be retried for corruption. Not sure if this puts his seat in play, but he really should step down. The Democrats don’t need to be forced to deal with this given the brutal Senate map they’re facing this year.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Double post.

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I swear, if Omarosa is what takes him down, I’ll lose it. But likely not as much as Latoya Jackson and Piers Morgan would...

21. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Ohmigod I might have tapes I really really really hope Mueller doesn’t want to talk to me.

*crickets*

I SAID, I REALLY HOPE THE SPECIAL PROSECUTOR DOESN’T WANT TO TALK TO ME

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Criminals have been taken down by stranger things. Be funny as hell, though.

Jedi Merkurian and bluealien1 like this.
  23. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    I hope its more pee pee tapes.

MrZAP and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-year-in-trumps-approval-rating/

It’s creeping up, folks. It’s going to fluctuate, but the number that most concerns me most is the Democrats’ Congressional ballot lead being down to eight points (from a leak of 18 on December 22nd). If that lead continues to erode, the House may stay in GOP hands, and the Senate may turn even more red.

I hate to say it, but in the short term, the tax bill may end up saving the Republican’s House majority. The take-home pay increases haven’t even kicked in yet. Once they do, Trumps’s numbers (and the GOP’S in general), may continue to climb. The economy does have an impact, and right now, the perception is that it’s doing pretty well.

Of course, anything could happen between now and November, but thus poll was taken after l****-hole” gate, and his numbers went up, now down. That’s concerning.

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    But that didn’t work on Homer. I’m not sure it would work on Trump either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.