main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Evil requires malice and honestly, Trump is more indifferent than anything. Which is actually worse. If he were just plain evil, that would make it easy. The truth is, he doesn't care what happens- he's president, everything goes his way and no one can touch him. That is pretty much what goes through his head every day. I think the fact he went to his club after stopping by to visit the victims shows just how indifferent he is to their suffering. And the idea of arming teachers seems like the idea that fascinated him the most out of, what was likely to him, a bunch of dull and boring ideas for gun control. He's stupid and unfeeling, but he hasn't risen to the level of evil yet. Vindictive and petty? Sure. Evil is one area where he still has a ways to go. Hopefully he never gets there.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    SateleNovelist11 and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh sure, he cares. He cares about pissing off liberals, and that's what his supporters want too. So it doesn't matter what sort of good, common sense policies the Democrats come up with, Trump and the GOP will do the opposite out of sheer spite.

V-2 likes this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    This popped up on my Facebook memories from 2012... (which was SIX years ago, yikes!)

Remember when this was embarrassingly bad for a presidential candidate? Romney's gaffes look adorable compared to the constant vile pouring out of Trump every day.

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    “Governor Romney, what did you get from the hardware store?”

“Hardware stuff.”

5. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  6. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Uh-oh.

I’m a little more nervous this time around that Alito will block the new map, citing the two week period the GOP was given to redraw the districts as “too-short.”

Stay tuned.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    CPAC just began with Mikey Pence. Over/under on how many times “budget deficits” are mentioned? Also there three main speakers today:

1. Pence (End of Times nut)
    2. LaPierre (Crazy gun touting manic who leads what really is now a terrorist organization)
    3. Le Pen (Nazi Party Leader)

Darth Vader was asked to speak too but he said that was too much evil for him in one place.

Meanwhile General McMaster, one of the few adults at the Trump WH is desperate to find a alternative role at the Pentagon after months of clashing with Trump culminating in him admitting publically that the Russians did indeed interfere with our election, a absolute no-no in the eyes of Trump.

Oh and DJT literally blew up whatever goodwill he was trying to get from yesterday in a barrage of insane tweets culminating in him calling the NRA “people who love their country and will do the one thing”. Guess he wasn’t watching TV for a chance when he sent it since Wayne was on a rant at the CPAC going off on everyone except bringing up guns and possibly agreeing to some new restrictions.

Alpha-Red and MrZAP like this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Why would a fictional character be invited to CPAC?

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  10. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
  11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Yeah, like I keep saying, this country is beyond terrible and if you are anywhere on the political spectrum but far right, get out if you can. America is a lost cause.

12. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    For awhile now I've been edging closer and closer to the insane idea that appleseed is a Russian plant.

Rew, PCCViking, Ghost and 4 others like this.
  13. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Lol, not at all. I'm a depressed white guy from NC.

I did take a ton of Russian history classes in my time at UNC by the Cook Out, a fine institution of lower learning.

MrZAP likes this.
  14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Missouri governor Eric Greitens was just arrested and booked into jail after the grand jury in his case came back and ruled there's enough evidence he took nude photos of a woman he had an affair with and threatened her with their release if she told anyone.

15. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    It’s okay. The right will give him a “mulligan” because FAMILY VALUES.

16. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
  17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Why can't he be both stupid and evil?

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Have you also considered that 2011 was SEVEN years ago?

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Because he's too stupid..?

I don't think evil exists in real life, it's just an excuse to stop thinking about disturbing things. I offer a compromise: he's stupid and insane.

MrZAP and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think the reprehensible things done to, for instance, hurt the poor and needy by the Trump administration are done knowingly and willfully.

21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Donald Trump’s immigration policies are deliberate expressions of his oft-announced public hatred against non-whites.

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I shared that on social media earlier.

I second what Jabba-wocky said, and it should come as no surprise that the son of a man who sympathized with the Klan should turn out to be a white supremacist himself. As some of my sisters and I believe, I think there's an argument to be made that Trump learned his racism and misogyny from his father. The difference was that Trump's dad was a smarter businessman, and Ivana knew more about regulations and business than Trump, as well.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Everything about Donald Trump can be traced directly to Fred and Roy Cohn.

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Anything left can be traced to Stephen Miller, Jeff Sessions, or some other unreconstructed bigot that is for some reason considered acceptable in the Republican party.

25. Yoda's_Roomate

Feb 8, 2000
    Ghost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.