main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You know what else they should start doing?

Selling cheeseburgers at McDonald’s.

2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd destroy the Second Amendment for free.

Outsourced, Vaderize03, Rew and 7 others like this.
  4. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I'll go one better, I'd gladly pay to see it destroyed.

Vaderize03, Rew, V-2 and 4 others like this.
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I knew next to nothing about this sort of thing

I almost wish to go back to ignorant bliss.

"On Tuesday, the Wisconsin Legislature voted to call for what’s known as an Article V constitutional convention, becoming the 28th state to do so in recent years. Thirty-four states are needed, according to the nation’s founding document, to launch a process that would open up the foundation of American’s rights and laws to revision."

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Haven't there been calls to rewrite the US Constitution since the 1980s?

@Darth Guy, educate us!

7. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Agreed. The real answer to all of this, which sadly will never happen, is to repeal the Second Amendment.

MrZAP, V-2 and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    It made sense when it was written, given the era following the revolutionary war. As it stands, however, it has been used as an argument in favor of not only the most dangerous guns, but even more destructive weapons. Never underestimate the insatiable lust of ammosexuals.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Healer_Leona likes this.
  9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    At the risk of being banned for this, I'd settle for something more realistic like, I dunno, the NRA servers hacked to oblivion and their bank accounts wiped to zero. I dunno, but it's appalling that your country and the idiots running it have their collective cojones in a vise-grip by this criminal, terrorist organization.

Juliet316 , appleseed and V-2 like this.
  10. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Once it’s called, anything can be voted in, so it’s not just conservatives who will control the process.

An amendment banning abortion would have equal standing with ending the Electoral College or outlawing gerrymandering. In other words, be careful what you wish for.

Oh, and this too. Republicans are clearly desperate to preserve the right to gerrymander, as it is the only thing that will keep them viable in the ensuing decades.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ALEC founder admitting he does not want everyone to vote because “our leverage in elections goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    All guns are basically made for one purpose (killing other humans) but one could argue that an old fashioned revolver type gun can be seen as a defensive weapon used for home safety. I personally don’t since:

1. Most burglars do not use any guns knowing that breaking and entering with a firearm as an insanely bigger prison sentence then breaking and entering without one.
    2. There are more and more non lethal weapons on the market then ever before including tasers.

But again one could argue that a revolver could be seen as a defensive weapon “relatively speaking”. You cannot argue that with AR-15 and other weapons of that type. Those are totally offensive weapons that are meant to kill as many people as possible in a short amount off time. It had horrific and bad enough that little *fill in your obscenity here please* walk in with a revolver but he couldn’t anywhere close to the damage he wound up doing. He shot for exactly six minutes and killed nearly 20 people.

The good news: I think many people are having their “come to Jesus” moment and finally waking up to the fact that their neighbor down the street who claims he simply has a “few simple guns” for home protection really has an armory of weapons that kill essentially the whole neighborhood in a matter of minutes.

And more good news: Looks like Bob broke Gates and is singing like Johnny Mathis at Christmas:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/...-investigation.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

MrZAP and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    What a charming man...

14. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    At least he's honest.

15. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I have to put this up, not for Colbert's jokes, but for Trump's clips. What he is saying defies sanity. It is unbelievable.

16. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Part of the NRA brand is its unshakable arrogance about its own influence and the nature of its power over legislators. They've really yet to be proven wrong. For me the defining moment was how openly the NRA moved to kill CDC involvement in collecting gun homicide/injury prevalence data, though it's clearly and unequivocally a public health problem. The NRA knows the truth about the public health consequences of guns, but they put the tobacco industry to shame in the ruthless way they ensured that Congress would never allow appropriations to the CDC for an epidemiological approach to understanding the problem.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-gun-research-funding-20160614-snap-story.html

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    A homegrown, ruthless and obscenely powerful criminal and terrorist organization, protected by the corrupt or cowardly politicians that are either cajoled or bribed by it. It almost sounds like something out of a Tom Clancy novel. Yet it's real life. And your country allows it because of stupid words written over 200 years ago that do not reflect the really of 21st century violence and insanity.

But when brought to task about it, politician decide to blame...videogames. Videogames sold all over the world, but with massacres like this only occurring in a country where you can buy an assault rifle by just asking nicely in a store counter.

Madness...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Indeed. And as a consumer of Super Mario games since my childhood, one can only hope that I'm restrained before I too consume mushrooms and massacre 17 teenagers by jumping on their heads and shouting, "IT'S-A ME!"

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Please. I played Pac-Man as a kid. I started eating my enemies as a teenager. Dangerous stuff, video games are.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I see kids punching trees all the time thanks to Minecraft.

21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Gates as officially pleaded guilty and is again singing like Mel Torme. And as I been told if the US Attorney interview you, you say say the following. “Yes sir”, “No sir”, and “May I leave sir”.

Gates will give up Manafort who then will throw Trump under the bus. Trump will pardon everyone and it will fall to the New York State where he has zero authority.

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I've played violent video games since they were invented. I've never owned a gun and never plan to.

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    DP

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'll admit I've played my fair share of shooters. It's quite one thing to shoot, 'nade and super digital sprites, but quite another to actually heft a rifle and mow down living breathing things, whether four or two legged. I've no inclination to ever own a firearm, and I'd absolutely hate to be put in a position where I had to shoot one. even if to save a life. I'd rather not have that many freedomz.

Rew, Vaderize03, Luke02 and 2 others like this.
  25. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.