main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Ralph Peters, an analyst for Fox News SINCE 2008 is leaving the network, saying that he could not “in good conscience” remain with an organization that, he argued, “is NOW wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

lol

2. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    It doesn't matter who they run, conservatives will hate them.

Alpha-Red, Ghost, Vaderize03 and 3 others like this.
  3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i almost posted that last night. it was getting a lot of tweets, even Chris Evans reacted to it. Tucker Carlson is actually attacking him from the left. It shows how brainwashed their viewers are because at this point their talking points are so disoriented, jerking back and forth like Trump does from bombing everyone to isolationism

Alpha-Red and Rylo Ken like this.
  4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-congratulations/index.html

Of course the president's angry. It's the perfect illustration of what it's like to work for the president.

1. He has to be told not to do things that even George Bush, Jr. wouldn't have needed to be told not to do.
    2. He ignores even the most common sense advice he gets
    3. The people who work for him want the world to know that they're trying to give him rudimentary guidelines for behaving like a president, but that it isn't working.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Really, why shouldn't he send congrats to the russians for electing a president. According cnn they have some experience over there in electing important presidents. First they elected Trump and now Putin. It's only natural those two congratulate each other
    :p

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It would seem rather churlish not to congratulate another leader's success.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Just remember what we have heard over the past fourteen months:

"He's a (expletive) moron."
    --Rex Tillerson, Trump's former Secretary of State

"An idiot, a dope with the intelligence of a kindergartner"
    -- H.R. McMaster, Trump's National Security Advisor

"He's an idiot"
    -- Steven Mnuchin, Trump's Treasury Secretary

"Dumb as bleep"
    -- Roy Cohn, Trump's Former Senior Economic Adviser

"What a (expletive) idiot.”
    --Rupert Murdoch, Chairman of 21st Century Fox

And those are people who work(ed) for him or are his allies. Imagine what Democrats and others are saying about him. I don't remember any other president being called this beyond his back on a regular basis. Heck Eric Holder even talk about how he was impressed how GWB ran the few cabinet meetings he sat in on as he was the acting AG until John Ashcroft was finally confirmed.

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    there's nothing to compare him to. it's like an R rated looney tunes character came to life

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    You should copyright that last quote, Jedi-Rising.

Well, the news, online and print, is obsessed with stating that Jared Kushner failed to do this and that. My answer is as such: "Of course, he failed. Corruption runs in the family. He did not have good genes." It has absolutely nothing to do with his being Jewish. I hate it when people bring that prejudice into it, even as a joke.

At any rate, as we all know, the more isolated Trump becomes, the more dangerous he becomes. I always saw Trump as a dumbed down version of the Joker. He's chaotic, but he lacks the capacity for introspection. The only time he made me laugh was when he called Ted Cruz "unstable," since both of them are that.

We just need a president who can control his or her emotions. Plain and simple. In terms of emotional intelligence, Lincoln was our most emotionally stable and most feminine president, and some say he was the wisest. I think it's a matter of perspective. I appreciated how Obama adeptly controlled his emotions. My favorite living ex-president is Jimmy Carter, since he agrees the most with the Bernies. As much of a fan as I can be of Bernie, we just shouldn't talk about the left as if it is infallible. Liberal people--leftists--can make mistakes. We are human. Also, just be fair to our friends on this thread, we should not dehumanize conservative people as less intelligent or less emotionally human than other people. I'm sure that many conservative people are actually not racist or sexist. I met conservatives like that in college. But the quandry with conservativism, almost always, is that it is anti-intellectual. It goes hand-in-hand with a desire for war, domination, discrimination, etc. Liberalism, in contrast, goes more with notions like healing, and self-healing, and collective efficacy.

Have a good day, folks.

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    To be fair, congratulating after an election is sort of common, even when you aren't on the same page as the winner. Obama congratulated Putin in 2012 as well. On the other hand, that was before Putin meddled in US-elections (at least to this extent), and there wasn't any particular dubious connection between the two either, so it looks a bit weirder, especially when you ignore your advisors to do so.

Still, in itself there isn't anything particularly outrageous about it. It's the connection and weird behaviour by Russia that makes it questionable.

11. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Right after an ally has declared it highly likely that his government was involved in the poisoning of two people on British soil, it doesn't look very good.

12. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    This been posted yet?[​IMG]

Sent using Tapatalk.

13. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Putin is very skilled at what he does. We just don't like the homophobia and frightening lust for power he has. He is the leader of a world player that is only a global power at all because it has nukes. Without nukes, it would be a regional nuisance to its neighbors, if that. I have met many Russians and I know that they are peaceful people. They left Russia because they were fearful of Putin's spook-state. I believe his form of government is called a prison state, filed with spies and paranoia. He divides and manipulates. Interestingly, most of those friends are Russian secular Jews who are humble. They wouldn't to harm a fly. Therefore, it's not surprising that such an aggressive person as Putin would be frightening.

I think the whole notion of Trump being called a Putin without experience is silly. Both of them have their insecurities, to be sure. But what makes Putin scary is that he has a brain to back up what he's doing. Trump is scary because he lashes out due to his lack of self-awareness, and if you want to be blunt, his lack of self-love. He's the consume butthead. If you want to be even harsher, Putin is emotionally 16 years old. Trump is emotionally 3 years old.

14. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    In D&D terms, Putin would be Lawful Evil (possibly Lawful Neutral), while Trump would be Chaotic Neutral.

Sent using Tapatalk.

15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I definitely agree. Putin is obsessed with perfection and nationalism, anyway, and so it stands to reason that he would be.

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Putin governs Russia like he is still in the KGB. Every action is gamed for every possible outcome. Also, Putin only 'hires' the best to do his dirty work - unlike the US in the Cold War, who backed anyone that was anti-Communist.

Cambridge Analytica is the perfect example. If you want to screw with a countries democratic elections, you hire the best. KGB did the same, too, always targeting the top brass for potential recruits in foreign agencies.

SateleNovelist11 and Revyl Ren like this.
  17. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Yep. He turned it into a counterintelligence state. That's what political theorists call it. It looks like he's ironing out its transition from authoritarianism to totalitarianism. Whenever Putin dies, we'll hear more about his paranoia, I'm sure.

Gosh, this convo is so emo. Let's get back to US politics and that gothic slideshow of idiocy.

Revyl Ren likes this.
  18. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Never thought I'd see the day a Howard Stern Show Wackpacker would become POTUS.

[​IMG]

Vaderize03, heels1785 and Luke02 like this.
  19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Depends on the setting. In one that takes the approach that "roughly 30% of human beings are Evil" - I could definitely see Trump & Putin qualifying. Heck, even if only "the worst 10% of humans currently alive" qualify, I might wonder.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i miss riley and eric. truly the colo and harambe of the stern community.

we speak your names

@};-

this is the senate, right?

DANNASUK and Yoda's_Roomate like this.
  21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    John Oliver's new children's book to challenge Mike Pence's book is not only outselling it we have some golden Amazon reviews to go with it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    American politics is now a war between Amazon comments.

The grand American Republic is finished.

Rew, appleseed, Juliet316 and 4 others like this.
  23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    That's not bad, that's hilarious.

Besides, Trump is the comments section of the Internet come alive and taken control of the world's most powerful military (including a nuclear stockpile). That's a little more worrying to me.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I was talking about the general population.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's true that a good portion of the general population types stuff on the internet. it's also true that this is a mostly useless endeavor, and a poor excuse for political discourse or anything else really. and yet, here we are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.