main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I do like to see sometimes what FOX news is brainwashing their viewers with.:p:p:p

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Trade War!
    (turmoil has engulfed the U.S. government, the taxation of trade routes to outlying countries is in dispute, there are heroes on both sides, evil is everywhere, etc.)

China unveiled plans on Friday to impose tariffs on up to $3 billion of U.S. imports
    in retaliation against U.S. tariffs on Chinese steel and aluminium products, as the world's two largest economies stood on the brink of a trade war.

China was considering a 15 percent tariff on U.S. products including dried fruit, wine and steel pipes and a 25 percent tariff on pork products and recycled aluminium, the commerce ministry said in a statement on it website.

China has assembled a list of 128 U.S. products in total that could be targeted if the two countries are unable to reach an agreement on trade issues, the ministry added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-ey...orts-balance-tariffs-002319270--business.html

edit:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Tonight Tucker is claiming that since Breitbart and Daily Caller's traffic is down that its....wait for it...yet another conspiracy!. this time by Google.

4. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Might be the reveal that DNC hacker “Guccifer 2.0” has now been confirmed as a Russian intelligence officer. Or maybe something else entirely. Guess we’ll find out soon.

5. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Stuff I like isn't doing well, so it must be rigged!

6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well yeah ,he founded the daily caller

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I told them what you said. Their response was an angry, "oh yeah?" and a balled up fist.

8. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It wasn't Ben Carson who ordered the $31,000 table. And it wasn't his wife. It was...

THE DEEP STATE!

[​IMG]

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I am trying not to update the derp thread anymore. But it's really difficult at times like this.

Christians voting fro Trump. Rape = bad. Molesting = bad.

Cheating on your wife so long as you uphold Christian values is ok

“Christians need to have a biblical worldview and look at things the way God looks at things through the Bible,” he said. “The question is: Do you continue to support a man who is fallen and imperfect but is acting as perhaps the greatest champion for Christianity, the gospel of Jesus Christ, of any president that we’ve ever had, willing to stand against abortion, willing to stand for Jerusalem, willing to stand for the rights of Christians and churches to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ in America without harassment, standing up for the martyred believers by the millions?”

No it's ok, see above. It's ok if Russia destroys the U.S. so long as they uphold Christianity.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    HAHAH! APRIL FO......Oh

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that Bolton believes Russia interfered in the election, calling it an "act of war", and hates Putin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43512175

might that drive a wedge between him and Trump?

14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Something might be afoot: "The US Atty for the Southern District of NY is announcing a cyber crime enforcement action at Main Justice with DAG Rod Rosenstein, as well as the Deputy Director of FBI, the NY ADIC & an Assis. Secy from Treasury tomorrow. This lineup looks like something major is brewing". pic.twitter.com/NqAjtKO529

For now the talk is it won't fly too close to the Trump circle in order to not start a firestorm before the pieces on the board is set (again it looks like they are running this like a mob case as they are getting the foot soldiers first before they move up the later) with the one exception could be Roger Stone. He might get swept up in this really soon like indicted within the next 2-3 weeks.

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    And now Trump says he might not sign that spending bill after all. He's also blaming Democrats for not including a DACA fix (which is something like an arsonist blaming the firefighters for not saving a burning house after he set it on fire). And of course not enough wall funding either. :rolleyes: I wonder how much the stock market will drop today.

I'm not surprised though, even though the White House said he would sign it, but that doesn't mean anything. Though there's a good chance he'll just change his mind again in a few hours (even if there are few adults left in the daycare).

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well. Single-handedly causing a shutdown of your own government because the other branches did something that you told them you agreed with.

Alright.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    As Latin America has shown throughout the 70s and 80s, eventually, the full presidential system of government will inevitably collapse.

18. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Also from that article:

Obviously, we as Christians hold biblical values high, we believe in sexual purity, moral faithfulness, we’re against adultery and all the rest of that.

Only when convenient apparently.

Oh well....Sins of the Father and all that....

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/trump-jr-s-wife-reportedly-found-sexy-texts-aubrey-o-day-article-1.3888758

Darth Nerdling and VadersLaMent like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I read a post last night on Facebook
    from a Trump supporter who acknowledged his crassness and classlessness but then claimed, paraphrasing, ‘That’s not what I was looking for. If I’m being saved from a burning building, I don’t care if the firefighter drops the F-bomb.’

My only response is:

—I don’t care if firefighters drop the F-bomb while they’re putting out fires either. That has what to do with Trump?

—In the new American world where abysmally low standards are acceptable (See also, “We’re better than Somalia”, “At least our misogynists aren’t throwing acid in women’s faces,” and “Hey, a resource officer was there, only two children died instead of 17!”), I will put forth an appreciation for the acknowledgment of Trump’s classlessness as opposed to a defense of it.

—What is this person being saved from? Having to treat people whose skin color and language are different as equals? Having to view women as something other than objects of personal pleasure? Having to think of alternate solutions to bombing Iran and North Korea? Having to think of something to say to Kim Jong-Un other than “Come at us bro!”?

20. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Wow. Apples/Oranges, False Equivalency etc.
    I can guarantee you I have used the F Bomb at every building fire I've ever been to. Know what I haven't done? Paid this guys neighbor to start the fire, stolen from him/blackmailed him, accused the media who is reporting the house fire as fake news despite the smoldering wreck left behind and all other evidence to the contrary, insulted his family's heritage or appearance or slept with anyone in it and then paid them to keep it a secret.

21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Nobody145

As many are now speculating, Trump must saw Pete Hegseth go off on Fox News about it so now he is threatening a veto since that is the least he saw. And Hope Hicks is no longer apart of the White House therefore whatever memory he did have left is now gone because she would try to remember EVERYTHING for him.

@Jabba-wacky

They control all three levers (Senate, House, White House) yet have multiple times now been unable to pass a budget without insanity happening. The Republicans in Washington DC would mess up ordering a ham sandwich at a deli. I know there are some very good Republicans at state level positions but my God the GOP on Capital Hill as a whole and obviously the WH are the most dysfunctional and useless group of people I ever seen.

22. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Building a case.

I think it’s pretty much guaranteed that Trump will decertify the Iran deal come May. What happens after that is anybody’s guess.

What is clear, however, is that Iran can hit back, and on US soil, too. It’s a safe bet the majority of Americans don’t understand, or are prepared for, the nature of this threat. A preemptive strike on Iran—which Trump will likely claim is really a ‘second strike’ given their past ‘provocations’—will have potentially dire consequences for everyday Americans.

And that doesn’t even factor in Russian support for Iran if Trump does attack.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    All data from focus group show similar responses, Trump voters do not care about his personal life and public behaviour. There is no "buyers remorse" at the moment among them; The President could probably order protesters to be shot and it would not make a dent. Anything negative about the Trump likely makes him more popular among his base.

The Chinese responses to US tariffs is quite weak (only $15 billion), which points to Beijing likely making a deal with the US at some point. So far, Trump has been very lucky on foreign affairs and everything, at the moment, is going his way.

24. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Which makes him all the more likely to eventually push too far, IMHO. He understands neither consequence nor limits. At some point, his luck will run out.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    And what happens if he doesn't?
    Trump doesn't understand the consequence or limits because, to put it bluntly, the US system is completely broken and his base has zero faith in it. The rules have changed, yet his opponents still believe the 'old way' still exists. I hate to agree with Bannon, but he is right, 2016 killed the current political system. All the old rules, systems and common practices died with Brexit and Trump.

We need to openly admit it.

Trumpism, for a lack of a better word, is not the disease but the symptom; he is the byproduct of those left behind by the rapid growth of globalisation of the 1990s and they've decided to spray paint "**** YOU" over the establishment. When you have supporters, who have blind loyalty, you can do what the **** you want. Why? Try and bring him down and, unlike his opponents, they'll hit the streets in their millions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.