main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    State Rep. Katie Arrington, the lunatic who primaried Sanford in my district's Republican US House primary, was apparently in a terrible wreck last night on a stretch of Highway 17 that is particularly representative of the shoddy infrastructure in my stone-age state.

The driver who hit her was traveling in the wrong direction, and was killed.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Sarah Huckabee complains on twitter that she was asked to leave a restaurant.

let's think about that.

Nobody145, CT-867-5309, V-2 and 9 others like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There is also something circulating about young Trump staffers complaining that they can’t get dates in DC because “everyone hates them”.

I have the tiniest of violins playing.

ETA: Found the tweet and Mark Provost’s response: “If a baker can’t be forced to make a cake for a gay couple, why should a restaurant be forced to cook for you?”

Nobody145, Abadacus, MrZAP and 17 others like this.
  4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    oh and daddy huckabee just tweeted a picture of ,,,, well go look please

Pensivia likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah. [face_plain]

Pensivia, Juliet316 and DANNASUK like this.
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Props to @Ender Sai for being right. Again.

We're a few stops closer to autocracy.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Ender Sai likes this.
  7. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I am. A lot. I feel great.

8. Miriedis

Miriedis Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2015
    I'm surprised DC staffers
    I'm surprised that her and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, along with other Trump politicians, even TRY to go to DC restaurants anymore. Especially Nielsen, with the nerve--the nerve!--to go to a Mexican restaurant. Are they so ignorant, or have they built up a complete tolerance to the taste of spit in their food?

9. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Nielsen and Miller almost certainly chose Mexican dining establishments with the purpose of getting media coverage about it. Miller in particular isn't dumb-- he understood what he was doing.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Sarah Huckabee’s “ says far more about her than about me” line is beyond tiresome. She said the same thing about Michelle Wolf.

And yes, it says that those people have the moral clarity to recognize when someone is a liar working for a human rights-infringing organization. Whereas with Huckabee it’s not clear if she’s too morally untethered to realize, or understands but is too greedy to care.

11. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I suspect that it probably got review-bombed the same way the Solo movie and Chuck Wendig’s books got review bombed (and before anyone asks, there are certainly legitimate non-bigoted reasons to dislike the Solo movie and Chuck Wendig’s books, and many people have posted such reasons on this site). Also, people who think like Mark Provost will probably make a point of eating there now.

I will certainly make a point to stop by there next time I’m in the area.

I would also add that it’s possible that the restaurant did not want to deal with the protesters that the two Mexican restaurants dealt with.

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Remember Trump tweeting "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."?

Yesterday, he just signed an extension to the notice (originally by Bush in 2008) that reads "The existence and risk of proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula and the actions and policies of the government of North Korea continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy and economy of the United States”

Hilarious

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    At this point, whenever we say “Trump said” it would be easier to just replace it with “Trump lied”

15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Senator Wan and Lordban like this.
  16. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Good to see he fulfills the most important requirement to become a professional politician :p

17. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
  18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I would suspect he's probably regressed

Dementia can do that to an *******

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I don't know why we're tagging J-Rod with everything Trump. I mean if I want his opinion on a current issue or policy I'll do it (or to clarify his views i.e. Stormy Daniels), but over some random quote?

Rew, J-Rod, Lordban and 10 others like this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm guessing it's because J-Rod thinks Trump has somehow changed since his affairs, etc--the Trump quote kind of blows that out of the water.

I do agree that the J-Rod tagging is excessive, though.

J-Rod, MrZAP, Senator Wan and 4 others like this.
  21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Because at this point he might actually be Trump. Trump has been known to create aliases to call into radio shows. J-Rods spelling of boarders also is a red flag. He is Trump. :p

J-Rod and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    They're just not very bright people and they run on facebook logic: if we change it you'll complain for a few days and continue to use our product. Same thing here, they think they're gonna go to the Winchester, have a pint, and wait for the whole thing to blow over.

Senator Wan and Juliet316 like this.
  23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    WOMP WOMP!

Rew, MrZAP, Senator Wan and 13 others like this.
  24. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    This should be getting a lot more press.

It's called censorship, and it's not okay. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's team had somehow threatened his boss or the paper in someway. Hard to prove, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Now THAT'S the proper use of 'Womp,womp.' Not what Cory Lewendowski used it for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.