main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Why?

Darth Trumpet: What is thy bidding, my master?

Darth Palpaputin: You tell world "I did not do anything", da?

Darth Trumpet: As you wish.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The Deep State. [face_rofl]

I see today the GOP came out to save their jobs. "Look everyone, we denounce Putin but not Trump! Let us keep our jobs!"

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ho chi minh is coming for your children

i didn't even get to the deep state part

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I doubt J-Rod knows which country old Ho-Chi-Minh emulated when crafting his own declaration of independence for Vietnam.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It's funny watching obvious damage control. Trump denounced U.S. Intel and sided with Putin. Now he is saying the opposite the next day. And people fall for this.

6. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Okay, I've heard from both sides now, and have one question. Which is better, being dumb as a brick or a moron?

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Re: the bold text, seriously! So...the deep state's master plan to stop Donald Trump was to keep it a big secret from voters that Donald Trump was being investigated by the FBI at the same time that they were very publicly talking about Hilary being investigated! Hahahahaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great plan!

@Adam of Nuchtern you can set your watch to this crap! I give Trump maybe a day or two before he completely reverses himself again and says that Russia is a hoax/fake news.

9. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Donald Trump literally sided with a foreign power over our own intelligence yesterday.

If people are defending him, there is no saving them at this point. He is so obviously a bad actor that it if people aren’t able to deduce that from what they see, they are too caught up in his cult of personality to admit it. So I think it best to just save your energy for more worthwhile things in your life, because you’re not going to convince these people defending him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    I would love love love to see Sacha Baron Cohen have a go at this. The events of the past 48 hours should provide even more fodder than for the NRA-spoofing video he just released.

12. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003

You ready to flip yet Paul????

As for Trumps walk back.....Oh Im sure it took him and his WH staff a full 24 hours before they caught that...trying to pass that off only makes him look like a bigger joke....

13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Ah Trump misspoke and got tripped up over a double negative...except that he's been doubting his intelligence community for months continuously calling Russia fake news.

Pensivia, unicorn, Nobody145 and 3 others like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don’t take anyone seriously when he/she talks about the “deep state”; if I did, I would be an Alex Jones listener. The same people who talk about the “deep state” are those who think the moon landing wasn’t real, school shooting victims are “crisis actors” (I have read commentary that school shooting victims are “crisis actors” hired by the “deep state”), 9/11 was an inside job, and vaccines are a conspiracy to weaken people and make them more dependent on the government.

@J-Rod , you are better than that. Or you should be, because you certainly have been in the past.

As far as enemies being “communists and terrorists”...I don’t consider communists to be enemies. There are quite a few self-proclaimed communists on this forum. I don’t agree with communism at all and don’t want it instituted in the United States but that is not anywhere near the top of my list of concerns right now.

I consider fascists, theocrats and totalitarian dictators to be enemies. Since you asked. And yes, terrorists, and I include American mass shooters and the guy who ran over Heather Heyer in that category, as well as governments that murder journalists.

As far as “the right’ always having the consistent enemy of “communists and terrorists”...Trump called the free press and journalists “an enemy of the people.” Any commentary that journalists are equivalent to terrorists sounds like it comes from Putin.

Pensivia, unicorn, Abadacus and 13 others like this.
  15. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    NRA are going to have alot of videos coming out soon saying how American they are and how they are not being paid by russia.
    *big booms manly men and pretty women in american flag shirts and hats with huge guns flash across your screen all while the national anthem plays in the background*

*God bless America in bold and the head of the NRA will say something stupid while he holds his great-great-great-grandaddys musket from the revolutionary war over his head*

I bet it will be just like that.

16. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    There is a terrific debate between Joe Cirincione and Glenn Greenwald regarding the Trump/Putin summit:

Part 1

Part 2

Darth Guy and SuperWatto like this.
  17. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Obama initiated sanctions against Russia and expelled diplomats. Trump has worked to reverse both. Then he got up next to Putin and told the world that he believes Putin more than his own FBI and intelligence agencies. Congratulations, you’ve taken false equivalence to never before seen heights.

Reagan went to Berlin and told Gorbachov to tear down the wall. Trump would have asked how much higher he’d like Trump to build it (afterwards claiming that he’d get Mexico to pay for it).

18. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Trump looks at the corruption in Putin’s Russia and sees a system he wants to emulate, not oppose. He is, at heart, a conman and a thief. In Putin he sees a kindred soul. Russia is in many ways a Kleptocracy, which means “rule by thieves”. That is Trump’s ideal government, a system where the rich and powerful take whatever they want. He wants a mafia state, and his pardon of Joe Arpaio proves it. In that sense, the actual mechanisms or degrees to which he has “colluded” with Russia to undermine his political opponents domestically are secondary considerations. Even if there is no direct link he is still a thug, the political equivalent of Al Capone and we’ve seen his true colors when he stood next to Putin and clearly aspired to be like him.

Pensivia, unicorn, Alpha-Red and 8 others like this.
  19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Rodders there are no words.

You really are the dog in the burning room saying this is fine.

20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    https://www.google.com/search?q=eu+condems+turkey
    Jingoism and ignorance from gezvader??? Shocking!

Has it ever crossed your mind that Germany are protected (in the Kray twins sense of the word) by foreign powers with seemingly permanent bases in their territory? Did you realise one of those powers was the UK?

21. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    “I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there.” - Donald Trump

Dude cannot help himself! Holy hell! How much more surreal is this going to get? I used to joke that if Trump got impeached he'd say in his first post-White House interview that he was never really president therefore he didn't leave office early. Now this not only seems like something that could seriously happen but it'll probably be the least crazy thing he says during that interview.

If Trump does get impeached, which he won't, but if he did here are some of the highlights he'd probably say:

In reference to his campaign manager, son, and son-in-law meeting with the Russians, "I don't really know them to be honest. People say I know them. People say they worked for me but I have a lot of people working for me. Do you know everybody you work with? People say I'm related to two of them but people say a lot of crazy things. It's all fake news. Do you know everybody in your family? No! That's what I thought!"

In reference to the pee pee tape: People say they can see with their own eyes that it's me in that tape but that's the room that the Obama's stayed in! Why isn't anybody looking into that? How do we know that's not Obama in that video!?!? And by the way they call it a pee pee 'tape'. Tape, You ever notice that? There's no tape! It's all digital these days! See! Fake! If there's no tape these days then how can there be a pee pee tape?"

"Fake news likes to say that I made a deal with Putin to go easy on the sanctions and he'd let me build a Trump hotel in Moscow. Where do they get this crap?" -interview conducted in Trump Hotel Moscow

"Melania and I are doing good. Very happy very happy together. Bigly". *They're divorced and she's now married to Putin*

Pensivia, unicorn, Sauntaero and 6 others like this.
  22. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Never fear!

I've just seen a tweet by NBC that he claims he misspoke

The best words, he totally has the best words

23. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Just not always in the right order or context, or with the proper dictionary definitions.

Pensivia likes this.
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He thinks it's more than fine, he's gleeful about it.

25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    What unfortunate timing for someone accused of colluding with Putin to misspeak in such damning fashion.

Given the number of times that he's misspoken, has Trump maybe considered that talking isn't exactly his strong point? You can't exactly be the president of the world's largest country, and the leader of the world's largest military force, if you're so consistently clumsy with your words Donald!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.