main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    He does it all the time. The most egregious was when he claimed that every man said similar stuff to Trump's grabbing women by their genitals, and when male posters said they didn't, he accused us of lying.

Disgusting behavior really. I don't recall him apologizing for it either.

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Dan Coats found out from Andrea Mitchell that Trump was looking to bring Putin over for a sleepover:

I got to admit Coats reaction was priceless. He also smacked the Donald around a bit in that interview. I get the feeling he and General Kelly just are beggingTrump to fire him but DJT doesn't have the marbles to do it...at least not yet. Got to wait until he finds someone on TV he can use to replace and then he will tweet it out.

Also didn't see this earlier but I was quickly reading but Steny Hoyer went bananas on the House floor today:

They need to do this EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. They cannot let up on this. Keep pressing the GOP into either you support our country or Trump. The excuse the GOP ran out this week of criticizing Russia but not Trump no longer holds any mustard and frankly never did but especially now.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
  4. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    That's a great book. It should be required reading for every member of Congress, and frankly, all state officials, too.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    So it's starting to circutlate that the Republican lawmaker who contacted Guccifer 2.0 to ask for information on an election opponent was a member of the House Freedom Caucus, and that after receiving a zip-file containing several campaign databases stolen from DNC computer systems, that lawmaker shared that stolen data with most, if not all, of his fellow Freedom Caucus members. As time marches on that insanity seems to be more and more true. I am very curious to see how far and deep this could all go because originally thought this all started and ended with the Trump campaign. They were by far the most inexperience and naive campaign I ever seen (which makes you really wonder about what voters see) so it made sense either they were willing to play ball with the Russians in exchange for political gain or were gulliable enough to fall for Russian spies like the NRA was.But now it seems like it was more of the GOP top brass that was willing to work with the Russians in 2016. I think a lot of heads are going to roll and some names are going to surprise us.

Edit:And this is the list so far of Mueller's investigation:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/us/politics/mueller-investigation-charges.html

6. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=...zNDQ5NUAxNTMyMDQ4MDk1&event=video_description

Trump's sons have been spending hundreds of thousands of dollars intended for Secret Service protection at Trump-owned properties. This could be considered and charged as an emoluments clause violation. Both Trump boys cost taxpayers two hundred fifty thousand dollars in the shortest month of the year: February. This is yet another scandal that both Trump and his sons should pay for. This is the Wild West of corruption.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/...ally-231215529.html?__twitter_impression=true

Additionally, Spanish intelligence said that Donald Trump Jr. "should be concerned" because they wiretapped Alexander Torshin, Putin's ally, meeting with Trump Jr. They turned over the tapes to the FBI.

Man, if these scandals keep on comin', I wouldn't be surprised if Donald Trump is revealed to have a weaponized robotic arm like Ulysses Klaue and that he's demanding diamonds from people. It would make sense, since Klaue calls Wakandans "savages," and Trump calls immigrants "animals." Disgusting.

Master_Rebado and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I hope when Putin visits the White House the people roll out the biggest ****ing protest ever seen.

8. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  9. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I doubt this group of republicans would even understand that sharing hacked data is a crime, so I can definitely see them doing this. They’re idiots.

10. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    The US government has become one large reality television show starring Donald Trump in the role of President. It's strange now that fictional drama depictions of the US presidency which aim for reality have now become completely unrealistic.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Don't you miss when the POTUS was punching Kazakh neo-Soviet* terrorists and getting them off his plane?

*The 1990s were weird.

12. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    The idea that Obama was pathetic with respect to Russia would be so much less hilarious if Obama hadn’t signed the Magnitsky Act. You’ve heard of that one. It’s the one that Putin is singularly obsessed with. It’s the reason he wants to kill Bill Browder and torture an American ambassador. It was the topic of conversation when the Trumpsters met with Russian agents in Trump Tower. Putin really misses the way he and his cronies used to be able to move their stolen money around the world.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Amazing that Trump has invited Putin to DC now.

14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Yes, they're idiots, but I bet at least some of them knew or were told what they were doing was illegal. They just didn't care. And guess what? If you break the law and there's no one to hold you accountable, then ipso facto it IS legal.

15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
  16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  17. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    So is the news cycle going to move on or not? Feels like a tense moment.

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    If Trump keeps defending himself over the Russia thing, it might stay on this for a while longer. Or maybe he could fire someone tomorrow night, or he could cause some other scandal (he hasn't gone back to insulting black athletes for days now). He's basically selling out the country to Russia, and that still hasn't shaken his base much. Sometimes you can tell he did something by how much he attempts to accuse the other side of doing it. "Hillary and the Democrats colluded with Russia even though collusion is not a crime!"

So how long until Trump sets up a throne for Putin in the oval office?

I wouldn't say the Freedom Caucus members are stupid, just corrupt traitors. Not like they care about America, just their own donors. Well, maybe calling them traitors would be going too far, but with how many Republicans are basically ignoring Russia, its might not be an exaggeration, unfortunately.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Trump has invited the man that ordered the attack on our elections to DC! Ha! How on the nose is this going to get? It’s not enough for Putin to have a puppet in the White House. He’s now going to actually be in the White House itself! Amazing and horrible.

20. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    In a month it'll be something else horrible and it'll be like this never happened.

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This has nothing to do with Trump's post. The basic argument is that the unemployment rate is not the best representation of how people are faring economically. In that light, a complaint that people are working multiple jobs is important. It makes as much sense as talking about discouraged workers, as both are examples of ways that our chosen statistic doesn't make a complete picture on its own. And in fact, the fact that the statistic deliberately doesn't include one category of people doesn't make it "phony" or dishonest or any of the much more extreme language Donald Trump has used without any remark from you.

22. appleseed

Dec 5, 2002
    Things would be very different if workers had any rights in this country. But thanks to working class traitors, we don't.

23. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    This is a ridiculous oversimplification of what fascism is.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    So, Trump was told in 2017 that Putin himself gave the order to the 12 Russian officers to meddle in the election. Said dude is coming to the White House this Fall.

But still could have been "other people." Oh wait, this is Deep State fake news.

Pensivia likes this.
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.