Discussion The use of Force lightning in fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 25, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    If you want to have a discussion in your story thread, I suppose that would be fine within reason- if it's just you replying to your own thread without much substantive discussion, that would be problematic, but if there's discussion happening among multiple people, I don't see a problem.

Resource is a community, which is why we don't have threads about individual stories. It's not about your story, or my story, or anyone else's- there are a lot of ideas that could apply to many stories people are writing, or may want to write. We can have an interesting discussion about the use of Force lightning in fanfic, and it can apply to a lot of people. But the forum is not here to make your story decisions for you; we have a Master/Padawan system set up to help if that's something you need. And I really do encourage you to take advantage of it, as it will help you not only with your writing, but just getting around these boards and being a part of the community.

To that end, I'm altering the title of this thread to reflect a more general subject, since this thread is generating interesting discussion.
  2. Lord Tyrannus Jedi Master

star 4
    How can the darkside create lightning/electricity? Is it some kind of elemental dark magic/power?
  3. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't think it was ever explained exactly how they create the lightning.

And to parrot DWH...if you really have questions, or need help with your fic, go to the Creche and get a Master. It really is helpful. Or just make broad discussion topics...this one for example fits, so long as it is a discussion on using Force Lightning in fics not just your fic.
  4. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, the body is capable of producing electricity, albeit at a very low voltage. Cells in muscles and nerves create electricity as messages are transferred. When you get a nerve conduction test, it measures the level of the electrical conductivity within the cells. The potential to create a shock is there, provided that your body had a way to access, generate, and transfer this current with force. Force Lightning may act upon this, using the body's own electrical energy and amplifying it. Essentially, it would do for you what an electric eel's abdominal organs do; it would allow you to create a high-voltage shock.
  5. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Was going to have a Force Lightning scene in a fic recently, but I couldn't get it to work and so that part didn't end up in story. However, I've got a theory that if you shock one half of a force-bonded pair, the other one will totally know about it and feel it. As for how the Force Lightning happens... Isn't it an emotional thing? As in: get a Jedi mad enough and sparks can litterally fly through the air? Because... Palpatine sure looked furious.
    Last edited by DaenaBenjen42, Oct 27, 2012
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade