main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The use of X-Wings

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Logray465, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Oops, that's right (not that I thought A-wings would be in Ep.III)

A-wings were the newest ships, and weren't even seen until ROTJ. This little tidbit didn't register until you mentioned it.

2. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    MeBeJedi thanks for the info.

Unfortunatley you cannot force choke a Sith.

Now MeBeJedi....you will die!!!! ;)

....and no, there arn't any hard feelings!

Bye!

"I love gooooooooolld!!!!"

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    You claim to be a Sith and I claim to be a Sith, except I have red and spaces and a registration date with 9's in it.

Me Sith > You Sith

w00t!!!

//Force chokes sidious1

But no hard feelings from me either. ;)

Seriously, there's an interesting history of meaningless ship cameos on Coruscant in the PT. AotC had the X-wing and TPM had a model of the Enterprise with the lights off briefly visible from the window of Palpatine's office. So unless you believe the Enterprise, E.T., and the brand of sneaker spotted in the ESB asteroid field are now canon, you'll have a hard time arguing that X-wings will be in E3 from that point. ;)

Anyway, I still don't think it's likely X-wings will be in the movie because the design was supposedly rejected by the Republic/Empire/state of government somewhere between the two because it was too expensive to mass-produce. The Separatists/Rebels are probably not established enough yet to be able to afford the scrapped designs for X-wings. They'll have their droid armies and whatever else the Trade Federation has been able to provide, but we probably won't see anything new from them in E3.

4. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    Ah Dark Lady Mara, you have red and I have black which is the new...er...black. Ahem!

Anyway you are spot on with the whole X-wing thing. I see X-wings as the ship of the rebellion to counter the threat of the Tie fighters of the Empire and as we know that can of worms isn't unleashed until ANH.

Now you are a slave to my will!
    Forget force choke, if you will not be turned, you will be DESTROYED! ;)

Thank you.

Bye!

"hey Bub! I'm not finished with you yet!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.