main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

The Vader Monologues (humor)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by BlindMan, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlindMan

BlindMan Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    Thanks, everyone! :)

More to come! (But not much more... ;) )

:) Blind Man

2. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Wow! I come back after a few months and there's three new posts. Still shouldn't read these in the library though! [face_laugh] And what's this about a sequel? I can't wait to see what that's going to be like!!!!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

3. sheep21

sheep21 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2004
    long time lurker back again, nice one BM. Keep up the good work :)

4. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    A: All right, just for the sake of argument, suppose the Jedi did take over. You know they could do it without bloodshed--and it'd actually be kind of wizard!

V: It would be a nightmare. They'd just sit around meditating, and nothing would ever get done.

A: Because the Senate gets so much done now, right?

[face_laugh]
    Speaking as a political science major, this cracked me up!

and after watching Stardust, I have to agree that the movie was fantastic , personally Septimus and his brothers were my favorite!!!

5. Leia_Sith_Lady

Leia_Sith_Lady Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2006
    I found this today and have not stopped laughing since I woke up. I can't pick one part that I think is the best.
    One of the best fics I have ever read. I'd love a sequel!

Keep up the awesome work!

6. BlindMan

Nov 25, 2001
    Good to see some familiar faces back! :) And a new one, too! (Welcome, Leia_Sith_Lady :) )

Glad you all enjoyed the last one...

Just dropping in for a quick update: as far as I can tell, there are only a couple more monologues left. Ideally, I would have gotten the penultimate one started by now. But I find myself in an un-ideal situation, with an injured hand that's quite hampering my typing abilities. (I'm typing this now with one hand-- 'tain't easy, let me tell you. :p ) Until the bones knit, new posts might be scarcer than usual around here--and the sequel's definitely been pushed back...:mad:

Hopefully it won't be too long a wait--I'm sure you've all had enough of that... :)

I'll try to figure something out, but if you see even less of me than normal--now you know why.

Thanks for your patience...it really is appreciated! :)

7. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Don't worry, BlindMan, we'll keep your thread warm for you! ;) :)

Feel better, and let your hand heal properly...

(Last thing we need is a BlindMan with carpal tunnel...)

Later!

:)

8. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Hang on there Blindman, and heal that hand up real good cuz you know that we'll make you work double time once it heals nice and proper. [face_devil] And don't think I won't send Vader after you if you start slacking too much! I'll give you some time first though, to make a complete recovery. But with the situation I'm in right now, I need a good dose of funny, so don't take too long!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

9. Shiro-Oni

Shiro-Oni Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2005
    Woah! I havent stopped in here since like...january. before that, even! But this stuff is still amazing, Blindman! I would love to see a sequel.

Heal Well, and take your time with it. Health before work, man.

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Just dropping a note that

1) You are a complete GENIUS, Blindman! [:D] [:D]

2) I've been reading off and on over the years and am finally not going to lurk anymore! :D

A: All right, just for the sake of argument, suppose the Jedi did take over. You know they could do it without bloodshed--and it'd actually be kind of wizard!

V: It would be a nightmare. They'd just sit around meditating, and nothing would ever get done.

A: Because the Senate gets so much done now, right?

V: Good point, but still.

A: And the Jedi might not get anything done--but they'd be doing it with lightsabers! Which is just so much cooler than doing nothing *without* a lightsaber.

V: Lightsabers do make everything cooler...

[face_laugh]

Tis true, tis true! :D

A: And Mace would have made a great Chancellor. 'Cause you know he would have been all, "I am tired of these mother effin' filibusters on this mother effin' bill!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh dear. :p

Anyways, I hope your hand heals all right and that you'll be back soon! [:D]

11. BlindMan

Nov 25, 2001
    Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! :)

Still stuck with the one-handed typing, but getting more accustomed to using my "off"-hand for everything. Might even be able to squeeze the next monologue in sooner, rather than later! We'll have to see....Stay tuned! :)

12. BlindMan

Nov 25, 2001
    Back in action (mostly)! Still dealing with some issues, but I can type normally again! Woo-hoo!

ON MUSTAFAR (4):

(Having slaughtered the Separatist leaders, Vader stands before the facility's holo-unit.)

ANAKIN: So what now?

VADER: Now...I call Palpatine and tell him that the Separatists are dead. But first...

(Vader activates the comm unit, and the blue hologram of a Gungan appears.)

GUNGAN: Tank-a you for calling da Gungan embassy. How-sa mesa helpin' you?

A: By practicing your grammar?

VADER: (aloud) I'm on a mission for the Senate, and require a piece of vitally important information from you.

GUNGAN: (suddenly more alert) What information?

VADER: Now listen closely. To the best of your knowledge...is your refrigerator running?

GUNGAN: Why yes-a, it is.

VADER: Well, you better go catch it! Hah!

(Vader slaps his hand on the off button. Silence fills the room.)

A: You. Have got. To be kidding me.

V: What? That was beautiful!

A: If by beautiful you mean completely stupid.

V: Hush. I'm just getting started.

(Ten minutes later...)

VADER: (aloud) ...That's right. Thirty pepperoni pizzas and twelve orders of buffalo wings. For delivery. My name? Owen Lars...

(Vader ends the call.)

V: Classic!

A: This is the most childish, inane thing I've ever seen.

V: Childish? It's sinister! He's gonna have to pay for all those pizzas or be totally embarrassed!

A: Ugh.

V: Hey, just because you can't appreciate the subtlety of my evil...

A: Please. This is about as subtle as "pull my finger".

V: Another bit of evil-ness I'll have to try! Thanks!

A: I wasn't giving you--whoops, heads up. Looks like Palpatine's calling *you*. Must have gotten tired of waiting.

(Vader answers the holo-comm, and tells Palpatine that the Separatists leaders are dead. Palpatine orders him to send a deactivation signal to the droid fleets. As the call ends, Vader glances over, sees Padme's ship approaching on the sensors.)

V: What's she doing here?

A: Heading for disaster and heartbreak?

V: Well, whatever she's here for, I've still a minute until she arrives. Enough time for one more call.

A: Will you stop? What next, you gonna call Bail Organa and ask him if he's got Prince Xizor in a can?

V: Oooh, yeah! You're just full of good ideas today!

A: *sigh* I can see I've got my work cut out for me, here...

(Up next, the grand [?] finale...)

13. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    V: Hey, just because you can't appreciate the subtlety of my evil...

A: Please. This is about as subtle as "pull my finger".

V: Another bit of evil-ness I'll have to try! Thanks!

Just tell me this, who is Anakin to talk about being subtle? He's about as subtle as a baseball bat to the face.

By the way, as you commanded I went and saw Stardust... =P~ So good. I hope they turn more of Neil Gaiman's stuff into movies.

Good to see you back BlindMan, can't wait for the Grand(?) Finale...

14. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Lol. Go catch it! Man, where do you come up with these things? Good to have you back!

Raptor517

15. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Sardonic Skywalker humor. Awesome.:cool:

Cheers_Cazza@};-

16. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    VADER: Now listen closely. To the best of your knowledge...is your refrigerator running?

GUNGAN: Why yes-a, it is.

VADER: Well, you better go catch it! Hah!
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was brilliant, so sad these are coming to an end.

17. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Coming to an end? That's sad.

But this post was hilarious. [face_laugh]

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Well, looks like Vader has finally lightened up which was what Anakin wanted.

Grand finale?!? Already? :( :(

19. BlindMan

Nov 25, 2001
    True, true...

Now, if I could just get more people to do as I command, I could RULE THE WOR--! er, I mean, they'd see a fantastic movie. Yeah, no global domination schemes here. [face_whistling]

Raptor517 : Thanks! Good to be back!

Jedi_Master_Cazz : Thank you!

Ascal_Elessar : Thanks!

Laine_Snowtrekker : Well, they had to end sometime. Just plain ran out of scenes. As far as I can tell, anyway--there might be something I missed; in which case, there might be "lost" monologues posted at some point in the future...

Oh, just wait...:p[face_mischief]

Just so's you all know--the final monologue *has* been written. No months' long wait for you to endure! [face_dancing] I'll post it within the week, most likely. Unless I get hit by a bus, or something. In which case, you'll never know how it ends! [face_devil] AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--!

(Sorry, maniacal laughs just seem to be slipping out more and more often...)

See you soon!

20. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Yay, a new monologue! So funny, as always!

(Vader slaps his hand on the off button. Silence fills the room.)

A: You. Have got. To be kidding me.

V: What? That was beautiful!

A: If by beautiful you mean completely stupid.

V: Hush. I'm just getting started.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

21. BlindMan

Nov 25, 2001
    And so...we reach the end.

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who's read these silly little things over the years, and put up with my frequent--and often annoyingly lengthy--delays. I couldn't ask for a nicer group of readers. :)

I hope you've had fun!

ON ENDOR (3):

(Having defeated the Empire and destroyed the Death Star, the Rebellion celebrates with the Ewoks on Endor. Luke Skywalker sees the spirits of Obi-Wan and Yoda; then, materializing next to them, the spirit of Anakin Skywalker--a distinguished-looking older gentleman, thank you very much. Leia arrives and leads Luke back to the celebration.)

ANAKIN: Yeah, this is nice. Good triumphs over evil, and I'm back in the saddle, baby. Very nice.

VADER: Kind of weird, though. I'm so used to being in the driver's seat.

(pause)

A: Uh...what the hell are you doing here?

V: Beats me. I'm not in charge of these things.

A: But you shouldn't even exist anymore! You sacrificed yourself so that the good could prevail. That's me!

V: Calm down, you're going to blow a gasket. Heh. Gasket. Get it? Because I used to be all machinery and gaskets and--

A: Yeah, I get it. But you should be gone, no offense.

V: Offense taken!

A: Come on, I spent decades trying to steer you back onto the right path--and that was hard work, let me tell you.

V: Oh, please. You enjoyed tormenting me all those years.

A: Well...yeah, okay, you've got me there. But still, after all that, I deserve to just head off into a quiet, peaceful afterlife. You know?

SUZIE: Good luck with that, sport.

A: You're here too, Suze?

SUZIE: Of course! Can't leave my two favorite boys alone--who knows what kind of trouble you'd get into without me? Ooh, there's my boy Lando! Lookin' good Calrissian! Wooooo!

A: This is so completely not fair...

(pause)

V: So, uh...you just going to stand here grinning like a lobotomy patient, or are you going to do something useful?

A: Well, if I can ditch Obi-Wan and the Muppet, I think I might just head on over and join the party.

V: Sweet. Gonna bust some funkilicious moves with those Ewoks?

A: Bust some what?

V: You know--boogie down!

SUZIE: Yeah! Good to see you've finally taken the stick out, Vader! Let's boogie!

V: Boogie!

VADER and SUZIE: (in unison) Boo-gie! Boo-gie! Boo-gie!

A: Man, what is with you? You seem uncharacteristically chipper all of a sudden...

V: I know, isn't it weird? It's like a tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders--and dumped onto yours! Hah!

A: You know, this isn't nearly as much fun when you're on the receiving end.

V: Get used to it. Because we're going to be with you forever and ever--

SUZIE: --and ever--

V: --and ever--

SUZIE: --and ever--

V: --and ev--

A: I get it! I get it!

V: Heh-heh. I think I'm going to enjoy eternity. What's that old saying about payback...?

A: *sigh* Man....Redemption sucks.

THE END

(see you in the spin-off!)

22. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Great, as always.

Now, if you ever write a 'lost' monologue, I'd be happy to know about it!

23. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    I think that the time between the second last monologue and the last monologue is the shortest we've ever had to wait... lol kidding ;)

Seriously though, poor Anakin, he's gonna get an eternities worth of payback from Vader. I can't wait till they re-incarnate and Suzie is the main personality (Lady Vader). The two guys will giver her so much crap...

Can't wait for the spin-off. Pop me a PM when you start it? [face_praying]
    fanficfan

24. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    *applauds*

Great ending to an even better series, BlindMan... :)

I can just see it now, Anakin, Vader, and Suzie together forever...and ever...and ever...

Oh, the possibilities...

Loved it, Blind Man, and I can't wait for the spin-off...

Congrats, again! :)

25. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Fantastic as always, gutted it's now come to an end. Cant wait to see what you've got planned next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.