main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Value of Light (Viggie, Ben and Luke)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darthmace7, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    This is my first viggie. Please post a review. If this is too short to be a full post, please inform me so that I do not make the same mistake twice. Sorry, but I am new to writing viggies.

Luke Skywalker stood in the enterance hall of the Great Temple, clutching his child close to his chest. The child was happy in his father's arms. Luke looked out through a huge window and the light that was streaming in through it.

"Look at the sun, Ben. Look at the light."

The young Skywalker bent his tiny head upward, somehow understanding what his Father was saying. He smiled, the light of the Yavin sun illuminating his pupils. The child giggled and clapped excitedly.

"The light is a joy, son. Value it. Don't let it go. You will face places where there seems to be no light at all, but keep hope, Ben. Keep the light. You have the light of the Force, Ben. Nothing can take that from you."

The baby's face turned solemn, further displaying his precocious understanding of words. Though the child could not yet speak, Luke Skywalker was sure that with the Force, his son would begin to speak soon. It was only a matter of time before Ben was able to speak, and to walk. It seemed like less than an hour ago that Luke had cradled the newborn Ben Skywalker in his arms, rejoicing joyously next to Mara. Even then, the light of the sun had illuminated the child's face.

The child crawled through the corridors of the Great Temple, making his way towards the enterance. Luke followed, watching over the baby. He laughed as Ben stumbled slightly, struggling to make his way to the door, where rich light spilled in and onto the floor.

Luke stopped at the door, but the baby did not. He crawled down the stairs and onto the grass that grew tall around the Temple. He laid back, exhausted from his effort, and relaxed. Luke chuckled and laid down beside him, looking up in the sky. Ben reached up his hand and pointed to the sun.

"Daddy," his first word came out, "Light."

Luke's eyes lit up with happiness. He cuddled the baby's head and hugged him in tight to his chest. He looked into the baby's eyes.

"You are my light, son. You always will be."

The Yavin sun stood clear in the cloudless sky, bathing the Skywalkers in a sea of bright light.

2. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Interesting and well written. This is the first fic I've read about Ben skywalker, and he is the "light" in a kind of sense that he'll continue the skywalker generation.

And that's not only great for the fictional story, but for any starwars reader, who want the saga to go on after the films are done.

3. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    Aaaw!!

That was SOOOO sweet! U just don't get many father/son moments like this. I loved it so much that i want it longer..but this was short but sweet!!

Yes!!! I grabbed first post!

4. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    KOS-Thanks. I also love how much Ben Skywalker should represent for all Star Wars fans. He represents a whole 100 or so years of fresh Skywalker life! What more could SWEU fans ask for?

I'm looking forward to writing many a Ben story in my day.

JPJ-Thank you soo much! I'm very glad that my first viggie seemed pretty good to you. Thanks for the praise!

5. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    I just wanted to make this more accessible to more people. I'm really excited with the positive feedback and kind of feedback hungry to tell the truth...
    Please Reply!

6. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Up.

I know this is short, but please post a review.

7. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    That was truly touching, a great, inspired piece. The first words also added immense depth. It was very nicely written. Write more vignettes. You have great talent.

8. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Thanks S-A. I will write many more in the future, along with my stories and scripts.

9. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    UP.

Please post a review.

10. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Will a review please be posted?

11. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I review has been posted. Very good job.

MasterPower :cool:

12. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    that's so sweet.

I love parent-child moments like that. THough I'm totally incapable of writing them myself :p

I like how you weave the theme of light into every breath of the viggie, makes it seem radiant.

Keep up the good work :)

13. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Thanks MP, Calan. I enjoy writing touching pieces, but I just don't get that kind of inspiration much...

14. ladyrebelsw1983

ladyrebelsw1983 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2002
    I liked the comparison of the Yavin light to the light of goodness (the lightside of the Force). And the father-son moment, was something special to see. Ben's first words were "daddy" and "light". Despite being a child, perhaps through understanding through the Force, he did understand Luke...cool! Great story :)
    Lady Rebel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.