Vancouver The Vancouver Canucks Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vancouver_Vader Jedi Padawan

Yay! We won last night! Just barely...........but we won!!!!!!!!
  2. Darth_Mentos Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was a much better performance then Wed night. *YEY*=D=
  3. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats 2 solid victories in a row. :D
    Bring on the Hawks!!
  4. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    Going to the game tonight. :D
  5. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    What a great game that was. [face_dancing]
  6. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    The Canucks have looked great, riding a 4 game winning streak against the Avs. I just can't predict how this one is gonna play out but we're definitly going to get familiar with them again, in a hurry I might add.
  7. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah tonight's game is huge! I sure hope Bert can focus and score a goal or two. I wouldn't mind seeing him and May go at it though. :p
  8. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    Holy crap what a game. The last five minutes had me on the edge of my seat! I can't believe we conceded 4 goals. At least we still won though. On to Minnesota.
  9. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    2-1 'Nucks almost halfway thro the 2nd. I can't see this one ([face_frustrated] )but they are sounding pretty good once again.
  10. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    We won 3-1. :D

The games in Colorado will be our biggest test. I wouldn't be surprised if Bertuzzi has security with him anywhere he goes.
  11. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Argeed omar. The Canucks have played strong since that thumping the Wild gave them a couple weeks ago. Its been great to see but like all things, this winning streak is going to end. Just hope its not against the Avs, though we play the wild again right after this colorado stint. :rolleyes: :p
  12. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I am not really liking this schedule.
  13. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    3-1 Colorado in the first [face_plain]

EDIT: wow.. 6-1 now..
  14. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    6-2 final. :(

Bertuzzi's return wasn't as horrific as I imagined. They definitly did not play their best tonight though. Heres hoping for a HUGE bounce back on Saturday. It should be a good one, hopefully.
  15. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well it wasnt worse than the Wild thumping, but then again that isnt saying much, lol. It was tough for me cause I actually paid for that game at the thearte. [face_frustrated] :p

Definitly looking for a big game from our 'Nucks on Saturday night, its what they do. :cool:
  16. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess its a rule for us to lose the first of a back to back series. [face_plain]
  17. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    hm, though I think they played pretty well tonight. They just got outplayed tonight, plain and simple.

If only Auld hadn't let that 1 puck free. . . . [face_frustrated]
  18. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was a huge win last night. Glad I went to the game. :D

Bert was awesome, I think he's finally back to normal.
  19. malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Master

star 4
    I am a fan of the canucks but i hate Cloutier though glad hes injured
  20. poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Cloutier having surgery; out four months

Well that's not good news. I haven't been the biggest Cloutier booster, but the Cloutier/Auld tandem is a heckuva lot better than the Auld/nobody-in-particular tandem. With Cloutier expected to be out for the year, they need another NHL-calibre goalie. The question is, will they deal one of their core players for a quality tender or will they bring in a marginal one and hope Auld can carry the load?
  21. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Auld has carried the load pretty well in the 10 straight games he has played so far, which include 3 very good wins over top Eastern teams. :cool:
  22. poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't have a problem if they want to keep Auld as the number one (at least not yet), but they need an NHL-capable backup for him. What happens if Auld gets injured, or has a bad stretch? Entering the playoffs with the goaltenders they have now is flirting with disaster.
  23. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    Another tough loss last night. We need to stop collapsing at the end of periods.
  24. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Argeed, though it would be fair to point out that the Canucks beat 3 of the best teams the East has to offer before these last 2 games.

Not excusing the collapses they have had but it isn't like this is a thing that is really bothering them. Expect our 'nucks to come out hard and fast and play the full 60 tomorrow.
  25. omar_r786 Jedi Master

star 4
    Team Canada Roster

Good to see Bert and Jovo in there. I honestly don't think Doan should be there, Staal or Spezza should've been in. But hey what do I know? These guys are all proven winners so hopefully we'll take the gold once again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.