main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver The Vancouver Canucks Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    [face_laugh]

The love is for Colorado baby!

I cheer for Canadian players, not Canadian teams ;)

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    :D
    //concurs in mutual agreement

3. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    ?I cheer for Canadian players, not Canadian teams?

Me too, my friend. :) I mean, I cheer for the Canucks because they?re the local team; but when it comes down to it, I?m a Detroit Red Wings fan and Steve Yzerman is my favourite player. ;)

fing, I was going to suggest that Indy and I do this with the Oilers and Canucks, but guessing that you?re a Colorado Avalanche fan ? so you and I can do this. ;) Specifically, I was wondering: would you be interested in a friendly wager? :confused: Seeing as you?re an Avs fan, I?m a Wings fan and both our teams respective hate each other, would you like to bet on who?s team will make it the furthest in the playoffs? :confused: Namely, the Avs go further in the playoffs than the Wings, I will gladly put a grating but good-humoured phrase of your choosing in my sig for a week (E.g.: ?I would give my spleen to see Peter Forsberg play just once.?), and vice versa. [face_laugh] Do we have a deal, my friend? :confused:

4. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Its a bet! ;)

*thinks of a possible sig - "If Patrick Roy was a woman, I'd marry him." [face_devil]

5. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Sounds good, fing. It?s a bet. ;)

Just to get some ground rules for our little wager out of the way, if the Avs make it to the second round, but the Wings don?t, you win (and vice versa, of course). If both teams are eliminated in the same round, then we?ll go to games played in that round; so if the Wings are swept in four, but the Avs make it to a fifth game, you win (and vice versa). :)

Now, I?ll have to think of a good sig for you, my friend. [face_devil] Perhaps: ?If I was Anna Kournikova, I?d marry Sergei Fedorov too.? 8-}

[b]Edit[/b]: The [i]real[/i] season starts tonight, everyone. [face_wink]

6. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    The rules look good :)

Now we just have to wait and see what happens. ;)

7. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Edmonton WON the first game. :D Let's see how Vancouver does now... ;)

8. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Ya, it would be good to knock off Dallas quick, but I don't want Edmonton to go any farther than that.

9. Elly_Nuruodo

Elly_Nuruodo Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    I love the Canucks as much as anyone in the Lower Mainland, but the fact is they don't have a chance at anything...like all the other Canadian teams, they don't have the money.

10. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Well it would seem that Money doesnt get you into the Play-Offs. Look at the Oilers, there pay-role is less then half of the New York Rangers, yet Edmontons in and New York isn't.

11. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I don't know who won tonight's game, but all I got to say about it is...

2 goals by St. Louis in under a minute?!

How ****** up is that?!

12. Elly_Nuruodo

Apr 6, 2003
    St. Louis won...6-0...it was ugly

13. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    I agree with Elly and Alex on this issue. That was a tough loss for the Canucks. They just didn?t seem to be able to put together anything offensively tonight. Also, the Blues killed them on the power-play, thanks to undisciplined play and a couple of questionable calls, IMHO. :(

I think the Canucks were quite nervous tonight (I noticed that in their faces during the singing of the anthems); I think a lot of pressure and expectations has been piled onto them unlike last year (when they just squeaked into the playoffs). [face_blush]

But there were a few positives that one must take away from tonight. Specifically, although Osgood really wasn?t tested tonight, he looked incredibly shaky on most of the rebounds; Hence, if the Canucks can get some more shots on net and increase the pressure on him next game, I think some good things will happen. ;)

And what?s the deal with all the series favourites (except New Jersey) losing their first games? :confused: If this continues, we?ll end up with a Minnesota Wild and Washington Capital final ? what a treat that would be. 8-}

Edit: And fing, it looks like we're still "Even-Steven." ;)

14. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    St. Louis won...6-0...it was ugly

[face_shocked]

WE SUCK NOW!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

15. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Lost a game by a lot, the Canucks have.... how embarrassing. How embarrassing!

16. Elly_Nuruodo

Apr 6, 2003
    Last nights game wasn't as bad...we won 2:1...the best part is the score times
    1st at 3:33 in the 1st
    2nd at 18:54 in the 2nd
    3rd with 0:54 in the 3rd
    All the times add up to nine.

17. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Which is what the Canucks will lose by next game :p

Another rough one for the Wing's too. [face_devil]

18. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Welcome to Tipoca City, Elly! :D I?m so glad that you made it down here. ;)

Yes, it was great game last night with some good old-time hockey. :D The Canucks had an outstanding game; they finished their checks, there was lots of hard hits and shots, and Cloutier was outstanding. Unlike the first game, Canucks seemed to have much more confidence and jump to their game - all of which is good. :) Now, they have a couple of tough games in St. Louis; let?s keep our fingers crossed. ;)

?[i]Another rough one for the Wing's too. [face_devil][/i]?

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Chair_Bash.gif] [image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Silliness.gif]

19. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    [face_laugh] OUCH!!! [face_laugh]

Thats all I have to say about hockey tonight.

20. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    You sure [image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Chair_Bash.gif] didn't have anything to do with it? :p

21. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    Did the Canucks win or lose last night ?[face_plain]

Unrelated: Elly i sent you a PM! get back to me when you can :)

22. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Well they did'nt play last night, but they lost tonight.

And...

[face_laugh] Im sure Dan is sweating. Its 2-2 Ducks Wings right now, this could be the end for our little bet buddy [face_devil] ;)

23. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    [image=http://pbskids.org/clifford/shared/images/games/help/broom.gif]

SWEEP!!!

[image=http://www.asel.udel.edu/dati/Broom.gif]

BY THE DUCKS!!!

[image=http://members.aol.com/mmp1nc/broom.gif]

OHHHH MY!!!

[image=http://www.fi.edu/ppss/inline/broom.gif]

But anyways, it is now time to make your sig. [face_devil] Hmmm, what should it be??? Well, I'll PM you your new Sig tomorrow, im to busy laughing still. So tomorrow I'll send it to you, and it has to stay on till the 24th [face_devil] :p Don't worry, it won't be to bad ;)

[face_laugh] THE DUCKS!!! [face_laugh]

24. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Well, there goes the Wings? Stanley Cup aspirations....
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Down_The_Toliet.gif]

I'm so sad right now, I feel like....
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Crying.gif]

I'm just joking. 8-} The Wings didn't play well enough to win and Giguere was absolutely outstanding; hence, the Ducks deserve to move on. ;)

Also, let me know what you want me to put in my sig, fing. :)

25. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Woot! :D The Canucks won last night, 5-3! :) Both Bertuzzi and Morrison broke their scoring drought by nabbing a goal each last night ? which is good news. Also, with the exception of the Blues first goal, Cloutier played very well. And it was great to see the Canucks? defensemen jumping up into the play last night; I think they accounted for seven of the Canucks points last night. :D

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/dan_hogan/Emoticons/Smileys/Woot.gif]

Now, they have a tough/must-win game in St. Louis tomorrow (I think game-time is 04:00 PM PST), but hopefully this flu bug that has plagued Blues? bench, continues to do so. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.