main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver The Vancouver Canucks Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooker

cooker Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2004
    I weep.

2. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
  3. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    how can you laugh? at anything? it's been a day 1/2 now but i still feel like ****. I cried that night. i mean c'mon the cooker score 6 seconds, 6, before the game ends. is that divine intervention or what? we deserved that win. naslund deserved that win, mo, jovo, cloutier, heck even bert. they all deserved it.

4. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    "Finally all those Canucks flag will be taken down from cars and houses."

Amen. ;)

5. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, if it isnt Obi Dan, wanna go double or nothin on the bet we made last year :p

6. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Guess you guys can lock this thread now, eh?

Just kidding... although I am glad my Flames won the series, it is truly a shame that one of these teams had to be eliminated, as it was a great series.

Hopefully Calgary will be able to continue to play well and bring glory to us WestCans.... :)

Although, as long as Toronto doesn't win the cup, I would be happy; we already see enough Maple Leaf stuff on the CBC, can you imagine if they WON??? Gah!!!

7. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    "...wanna go double or nothin on the bet we made last year."

Hehe. :) I'd totally bet with you again (say with my team, the Red Wings and the Flames), fing. That was fun last year, even if I did end up losing. ;) Unfortunately, I'm rarely logged in here, so a bet involving our sigs probably wouldn't be worth it.

8. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    My team the Avs vs your team the Wings. The team that goes the farthest wins.

We'll just bet this one for fun and bragging rights ;)

9. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    Finally all those Canucks flag will be taken down from cars and houses.

noooo. i love it [face_love]. you gotta admit it brings the city together, if nothing else. i have this canuck trucker hat, and that got at least three :eek: conversations started with complete strangers. it's a shame the leafs beat the senators cause now i got no one to follow. there's no way i'm rooting for calgary, and toronto is well...toronto and i'm a vancouverite. you understand how that works. dont you? :p

10. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    What about Montréal? Théodore is a hottie! [face_mischief]

11. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Well it looks like we tied Master Obi Dan....

Till next year ;)

12. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Former Canucklehead GM Brian Burke was on Off the Record on TSN today talking about his career and specifically his tenure in Vancouver. Nothing much was said on there that hasn't already been discussed elsewhere in various news conferences. He fielded questions regarding his dismissal, Bertuzzi's suspension, the current CBA discussion, as well as his own interpersonal skills.

Love Burke or hate him, you have to question the Canucks' decision to let Burke go. They have stated that he did a good job on the ice building an exciting team, he did a good job off the ice turning a money losing franchise into a money making one, and ownership also claimed that there were no personal conflicts with Burke which caused him to lose his job. So one has to wonder what exactly the reasons were that he was let go? He doesn't say, but he did indicate that there were a couple reasons which have been reported in the media which he thought were accurate.

For more info follow this link which also has a link to the video of the complete interview if you missed it.

13. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    All the Canuncks posters and flags are being replaced by Flames stuff... Personally, I still can't believe they actually made it this far... :eek: but I still hope they win against Tampa Bay in Game 6 :D

14. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Hi miranda, I like that first line in your sig - very inspirational. :D

Well the Flambés are done and the Bolts are the champs. I actually watched the whole game seven today, and I've got to say I admire Calgary for how far they reached, because I sure don't know how they did it. They didn't even really start playing until the last 10 minutes of the third. They had a grand total of seven - yes seven shots in the first and second periods combined. You'd think they would have mustered a little more effort than that considering this was GAME SEVEN of the STANLEY CUP FINAL.

Congradulations to Calgary for going as far as they did, beating three division winners on the way, and falling short only by one goal. And certainly congradulations to the Lightning who finished second overall in the regular season and triumphed in the playoffs. And they did it while playing hockey the way it was meant to be played, with speed, skill, and toughness.

15. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
  16. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    Cool, thanks Mike! :D

So, now that the NHL has been "unlocked", what's everyone think of the current landscape? Will Naslund re-sign with the Canuckleheads and for how much? Do you think they should go after the other big name free agents like Forsburg, Niedermayer, or Kariya? Should they keep the Sedins, what should they do in goal? How many more games should Bertuzzi get if any?

It's kinda nice to talk about actual hockey issues now, as opposed to CBA crap, don't you think?

17. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    I was wondering wether there was a hockey thread in here or not. :p

Well I gotta believe Naslund will be back but Iam not totally sure. [face_worried] Him and Forsberg are definitly pushing to be on the same team so getting both Nazzy and Peter would be insanely awesome for us but it will also cost around $6 mill. for each. So if we manage to land them, Iam thinking thats all the free agency action we will have and then simply re-sign the guys we had before.

Kinda sucks we lost Malik to the Rangers. I just hope it wasn't because Nonis doesn't have his act together.

It's kinda nice to talk about actual hockey issues now, as opposed to CBA crap, don't you think?
    Here Here :D

18. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    Malik is a useful player, but I read that the Rangers offered him $2.5 million and I don't think the Canucks could match that considering they still have to sign Ohlund, Salo and Sopel.

Latest rumour is that Naslund has agreed to a deal with Vancouver, and Pronger has been dealt to the Oilers likely taking them out of the Niedermayer sweepstakes.

19. TheForgottenJedi

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah heard about Pronger and Naslund this morning, not bad. :D
    Now you'd think we would go after Forsberg now but we just have to wait and see.
    Having Naslund/Forsberg on the same team is gonna be like ten years ago when we had Bure/Mogliny. Man that was cool........till Bure got injured and knocked out of the regular season. :( :p

20. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    I don't think the 'nucks have room to add another huge contract like Forsberg, plus early reports have Forsberg signing with the Flyers sometime today.

With Vancouver losing another defenseman today (with the trade of Sopel) it looks like they're probably going to be in the market to deal for another blueliner.

21. TheForgottenJedi

Apr 10, 2004
    Forsberg's A Flyer

Well there goes that.[face_frustrated]

Niedermayer is now looking like the guy Nonis is gunning for with dropping Malik and Sopel but Iam also bias and a wishful thinker when it comes to my 'Nucks. :p

22. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    Woohoo, the Canucks re-signed Morrison for 3 years, so the best line in the NHL remains intact!

Rumour is that they are after unrestricted defenseman Roman Hamrlik, who's got some decent skill. That would be a pretty good top-four defense if they sign Ohlund and Salo to go with the already-signed Jovanovski.

Now that Chicago has Khabibulin, they'll probably be shopping Thibault. I wonder what the chances are of Vancouver landing him?

EDIT: Brad May just signed with Colorado, which is a little ironic since he's one of the players mentioned in Steve Moore's lawsuit for the attack against him.

23. TheForgottenJedi

Apr 10, 2004
    Ironic.............more like 'What The **** Are You Thinking May!?
    lol, this guy fights like half the team last season and now hes one of them.

Hamrlik would be an interesting fit here. Hes not big and physical like the rest of our D-Men and he would be wicked on the powerplay.

24. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    Even if they don't get Hamrlik I'd still like the Canucks to get another top four defenseman. I don't know that I'm comfortable with Bryan Allen as the fourth defenseman yet. He doesn't have the offensive skill, and while he's big and strong, I'm not sure he's quite picked up the pace of the NHL.

It'd also sure be nice if the Canucks could address their goaltending. Cloutier's been a good regular season goalie for the past three years, but has yet to do much in the playoffs. The problem is there's not much available free agent-wise for the position. Cujo is probably the best one left and I don't think he's worth the price he'll demand. Oh well, maybe they'll pick up a sniper to play with the Sedins and try to outscore any problems in goal.

25. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    Bertuzzi's back

Let's hope he's grown up a little during his suspension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.