main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The vanishing of Robert Brown's pages at synicon.com.au?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Jennaida, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennaida

Jennaida Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2003
    I apologize for posting this as a newbie, but I thought this was one of the few places I might be able to find an answer to this. I noticed that Robert Brown's SW page vanished totally a couple months ago, and I've seen nothing anywhere about why it did. Anyone have any information on it? I'm getting told by my web browser that synicon.com.au has vanished from the net totally. Has it changed locations or something?

2. Duel_of_the_Fetts

Duel_of_the_Fetts Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    It wouldn't be the first time his site disappeared. Last time it was an issue with EU.

3. Jennaida

Jennaida Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2003
    Hm... EU? Did that vanishing involve the site lookup returning a 'not found' as well? Or did the synicon.com.au main page still pop up? Right now I can't even get the main page from synicon.com.au, or the SW pages, either one.

4. Defiance

Defiance Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 16, 1999
    Maybe his "yearly arguments" (I took this right out of RASSM) with Curtis Saxton got so bad that he took down the whole site and caused Synicon to go bankrupt.

5. Jennaida

Jennaida Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2003
    Yikes... I'd hope not. I'd hope that he'd be able to find some web space and repost them. He had some of the best stuff on the net, especially in some categories. If its gone forever, its a tragic loss to the entire online Star Wars community. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.