main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC The VCE - how did you fare?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by HawkNC, Dec 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    This is a thread to discuss the VCE, how well our illustrious VicFF class of 2002 did, and to scare future VCE students with tales of horror. :p

Today being the 16th of December, the VCE results come out today. Tens of thousands of students around Victoria are biting their nails at this very time. I, on the other hand, am not, because I just found out I have an ENTER of 97.95. :D (Not the highest in VicFF, but I'll leave others to tell that story.) I was quite happy with my results, as it easily gets me into the course I want. Now all I have to worry about is how well everyone else did. ;)

2. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002

Yay me.... methods actually counted... how amusing! I'm off to do stuff, but good luck and well done to all!

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001

It still is sinking in. It's a lot under what I wanted, a lot higher then what I expected, and is due mainly to a major underaccountment in both Chemistry and to an extent, my beloved English.

And RP, Methods counted for me as well! I love scaling...

4. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001

I was going to be happy if i breached the 90 region, rather than score in what I expected to be the 80s...

As soon as I saw the score I screamed in a high pitch, ran to my sister, who was closest, gave her a huge hug, than my dad. Mum is at work...thank god, otherwise she'd be in tears for the next couple of hours!

EDIT: Brutus, Reign, Lachie, how did you fare in history?

5. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    My parents are both away at the moment, but my mum called me at 7:15 this morning to see how I went. I think she was braced for disappointment by the suprise in her voice. ;)

6. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Ah, parents, so outwardly caring but inwardly worrying...

Congrat's to all, VicFF has swept the field!

7. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Well done my young apprentices.

You have all served the VicFF well.

Congrates to those that pass and :( to those that didn't.

8. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Congratulations, guys - there's some good work there. :D

9. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    And imagine what you could have got if you didn't spend most of your days here instead of studying :p ;)

J/K, congrats guys, us classes of '03, '04 and '05 have alot to live up to now...

10. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Please excuse my Year 11 ignorance but is there a way of getting my results for free before the mail comes tomorrow? :confused:

But anyway, congratulations to the rest of you! ;)

11. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Who can seriously say that they worked really hard for these fantastic results. I, for one, put in a bit of work for Methods and English, but the rest were half-hearted attempts at perfection. Was year 12 that hard a year?

Be honest...

And where's Darth_Reign, he needs to get his act together and show his sorry hide! ;)

12. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    I actually did work my arse off for that score, so I'm reasonably happy with it. ;)

13. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Work? No, I didn't work... as for my study scores, I'm not sure how my enter came out as high as it did

English: 49 (yeah, all good, i know)
    History: 39 (lowish compared to what i wanted)
    Lit: 39 (ahhhh)
    Politics: 36 (I really thought I aced that exam)
    Methods: 33 (Yeah, I do love scaling)

(IPM from last year and my VET counted too)

I can't say that I'm disappointed with these scores (as that is a lie), but I did expect a few of them to be higher and English to bomb a bit... But I really couldn't care as my hard work (or lack thereof) has paid off...

14. Protege_of_Claus

Protege_of_Claus Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2002
    To speak in study scores, is to score each study, which I might do, if I weren't a Pooh.

But as a Protegé...what the hey!
    I'll post 'em all, anyway!

English: 46. (Yeah, I know. With my abilities to BS it should be higher)
    Literature: 44. (About what I expected, if slightly lower then I wanted)
    Biology: 38 (After my poor midyear result - B+ - I was happy to have salvaged a solid 38.9 out of it all.)
    Methods: 39 (and RP thinks he's in love with scaling..woohoo!!!)
    Chemistry: 38 (Again, lucky to have salvaged a good score from nothing here. Not bad)
    Psychology: 37 (Did it last year, and TOTALLY stuffed up a final exam.)

Moral of the story to young'uns? Well...

Don't do as JE, RP and I did (well, it worked for RP I guess) and actually ATTEMPT to put in some work.

At the risk of being accused of trenting, I, in all honesty, spent a good 4 hours a night online here, if not more, maybe wrote an essay, more often though, not; and in the end did maybe an hour or two a week of work.

Now, at the risk of contradicting all your "doomsaying" teachers, you can in fact cruise through VCE and still expect a half-decent score (unless you suffer from TNealontitus, a deadly affliction).

But imagine what would happen should you choose to actually PUT IN a half-effort or two...You'd have it in the proverbial bag, all sewn up nice and tight!

So, do work, stop spending all your time here you bludgers (but please post again!) and get back to your roots, and study!

Silly ol' Pooh...

15. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    I Really don't know what I got on my VCE.

And for a good reson :: Looks Innocent ::

16. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Well, I'm not as smart as you lot, but I got 86.2 . My CoD score is 88.25 . I missed first term for a major back operation.

I can say one thing; no one can tell us Star Wars fans are stupid. ;)

17. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Well done tho, high 80s is bloody fantastic, that's what I was praying for! Just remember: you are part of the top 15% of the state! Now that's an achievement!

18. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Hoorah for VicFF!!

Now, in celebration of how we all got through VCE, we should do as we did then, and drink ourselves silly! :D

Well, that's what I'll continue to do. Going out again tonight, much booze to be drunk.
    Ah, it's all about Keith.

In the end, at least.

I'm thinking of Arts quite seriously now...scary isn't it?

19. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Go for an Arts Degree.

Than when you pass, in a few years I'll be able to say to you....

Waiter, bring me a menu"

*Ducks for cover*

20. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Ah, arts degrees...an endless source of amusement for the more logically minded of us. ;)

*Eyes an engineering double degree greedily*

21. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Arts? Yes, I'm off to do arts (although in theory, I could get into engineering LOL)... But it's a special course (Yeah, that's right SPECIAL) so damn you all... Sorry, long day, I'm tired, cranky and suffering nicotine withdrawals. The moral to the story: Don't smoke

22. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm going in for "Arts/Profesional Writing & Editing" with is a combined Bacholor of Arts and a Degree, then I'm going to do a 1 year teaching course, so I'll be a qualified; author, editor, publisher, journalist, teacher... I think you get the idea.

My ENTER has pretty much already put me in a seat in the 20 student class. I'm happy.

23. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    And that's all that really matters ;)

RP, what did you get for the History exam? They reckon that I averaged A throughout the year - which I didn't, I argue - and somehow managed to pull off an A+ for the exam. Which is grade 3? the exam, right? What's going on here damnit?!??

24. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Damn, I sure managed to stuff the History exam up. I had an A average through the year, but managed to bomb out on the exam to a C+. :_|

25. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Ouch! What was your study score? I thought you were reasonably confident with your exam...

EDIT: I'd just like to take this moment to warn year 11 students from taking on year 12 subjects such as Politics and History: quite simply, you're probably not ready for it, as brutus, and myself in politics, discovered - it's just a tad bit hard, methinks. If you are a gun at maths/science, try biology 3&4 or even methods 3&4...otherwise, Legal Studies or IPM (I think) is the way to go for 3&4 subjects in year 11. Your thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.