The VCFF Band Thread (Cause I'm Really Bored)

Discussion in 'Ventura County, CA' started by Keiran_Horn, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, I am bored out of my mind waiting for my cell phone to charge, so I decided to make a "favorite band" thread. So lets hear it, when you have your stereos/radios on, what bands come through the speakers.

Favorite Modern Bands: Incubus, Maroon 5, Dave Matthews Band, Hooray! For Everything, 19th Hole, Hymn for Her, The Shape, The Seatbelts, Paul Oakenfold, 30 Seconds to Mars, Coldplay, Oingo Boingo, Blues Traveler, The Brian Setzer Orchestra, The Pixies, Gorillaz, Foo Fighters, AFI, Evanescence, Train, Tool, Staind, Daft Punk, Dirty Vegas, etc.

Favorite "Old" Bands: Chicago, Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Spinal Tap, Styx, Twisted Sister, Flock of Seagulls, The Beatles, Metallica, Judas Preist, Air Supply(thanks Mom. [face_plain]) etc.

Favorite Movie/Show Soundtracks: Road to Perdition, Black Hawk Down, Jekyll and Hyde, Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, Fight Club, The Matrix and the Matrix Reloaded, The Italian Job, Bye Bye Birdie, Aladdin, Rent, both Lord of the Rings movies, etc.

Favorite Video Game Soundtracks: Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2, all the Final Fantasy Games, Xenogears, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Super Smash Brothers, all the Zelda games, Kingdom Hearts, both Metal Gear Solid games, all the MegaMan games, all the Resident Evil games, Silent Hill 2, etc.
  2. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's all about soundtracks.

Fellowship of The Ring and The Two Towers are the best I've ever heard, and I have yet to get tired of them.

The Spiderman soundtrack is incredible. It's one of the few CDs that I can listen to the whole way through without skipping any songs.

I don't usually like specific bands, just a bunch of random songs.

Edit: You're waiting for your cell phone to charge? How incredibly boring of you.
  3. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, not really waiting for it. Though it keeps drawing my eye away from Chasing Amy and towards the phone sitting on my desk.
  4. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I put it in it's box and out of sight cause now I have to go back to the beginning of the movie cause I have no idea what is going on. :(
  6. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do you just really like your cell phone or something?
  7. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Nah, I got the thing today and the guy told me to charge it for 12 to 14 hours before I use it. I'm just eager to put in my SW ring tones and the such. ;)
  8. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, Keiran actually listed bands on my label! You rock!!!

My favorite bands are (as copied from my Sub-Profile)...

Oingo Boingo and everything else Danny Elfman has done
    Animal Chin
    Radiohead
    Alkaline Trio
    Jimmy Eat World
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    MU330
    The Slackers
    Knapsack

Other musicians who rock:

The Æffect, AFI, Aphex Twin, Arson, The Ashtray Life, The Beatles, Blue Oyster Cult, Blue Oyster Cult, Boston, David Bowie, Boy Sets Fire, Bloodhound Gang, Coheed and Cambria, Common Rider, The Cure, Dance Hall Crashers, Death Cab for Cutie, Depeche Mode, Dillinger Escape Plan, Nick Drake, Duran Duran, Bob Dylan, Ednas Goldfish, Jeremy Enigk, Face To Face, The Faint, The Fire Theft, Five Iron Frenzy, Foo Fighters, Get Up Kids, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Hepcat, Hooray! For Everything, Hot Water Music, Hymn For Her, Incubus, Mealticket, Michael Jackson, Mogwai, The Jealous Sound, Elton John, Johnny Socko, Journey, Led Zepplin, Less Than Jake, The Lyndsay Diaries, Madonna, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Motley Crue, 19th Hole, Nirvana, NOFX, No Motiv, No Use For a Name, Operation Ivy, Ours, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Pink Floyd, The Police, Poison, Polly Esther, Queen, Reel Big Fish, Refused, Reggie and the Full Effect, The Rentals, The Return, River City High, Rx Bandits, Samiam, Saves the Day, The Selecter, The Shape, Sharks Keep Moving, The Sheila Divine, The Shins, The Siren Six, Slapstick, Slow Gherkin, The Smashing Pumpkins, Smoking Popes, Snapcase, Sparta, The Specials, Standstill, Styx, Sublime, Tenacious D, Texas is the Reason, Thrice, Thursday, Travis, U2, Rocky Votolato, Wesley Willis, Weezer, John Williams.

Have fun with that one guys!
  9. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *skips over Matt's post as always*
  10. Réka Jedi Master

star 4
    Bands? What are these 'bands' you speak of, and what the heck do they have to do with my speakers? Do people really listen to marching bands? I mean, I don't want to seem disparaging, its just that orchestras are so much better, not to mention choirs, or single instruments, or even certain groupings of a select few instruments. (Just not two violins, a viola, and a cello. I've never understood the popularity of that grouping - it's so sparse and bare and harsh.)

Just to try to answer your question, I'm not particular. Philadelphia Orchestra or Philharmonia Orchestra, Orpheus chamber ensemble or Vienna Philharmonic, it's all the same to me, as long as the conductor knows his/her business, and as long as the music they're playing is good rather than fashionable.
  11. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    My best friend's dad likes classical music too. KMotzart or something is the station he listens to and I always remember it cause it sounds cool. ;)
  12. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Classical music is good.
  13. Zaranne Force Ghost

star 4
    I love classical, ESPECIALLY movie scores. Half my CD collection is of classical movie scores. But, my fav classical composer would have to be Mozart, since he's so dark and moody...but I like Handel, too, because he's so light and happy!

*is slightly concerned now with her equal amounts of dark and lightside*

Oh, but wait, this was a BAND thread...so, I of course love DEF LEPPARD! [face_love] And I like Garbage a lot, too.
  14. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, I forgot to put Garbage in my list. :(
  15. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Pour some sugar on me. Ooh, in the name of love. Pour some sugar on me...
  16. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    I like that commercial where this guy is attempting to sing tha song, and says. "Pour some shook up ramen." Uh-huh, exciting...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.