The VCFF Literature Thread

Discussion in 'Ventura County, CA' started by YoungJedi11, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just finished Vector Prime again, and I'm either going to finish all of them up to Edge of Victory, or re-read ROTK, or read Prey.
  2. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Prey by Michael Crichton?
  3. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Finished up Iron Fist on Saturday, compounded with a newfound respect for Dia, and am now about 1/3 of the way through Frank Herbert's Dune.
  6. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm re-reading the all of the NJO books up to Star By Star, and then starting at Traitor and finishing again.

After that, it's Prey, then The DaVinci Code, and then other stuff.

Actually, I'm reading The Art of War right now (Mike gave it to me). THEN I'm going to finish the NJO stuff.
  7. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe, now The Art of War, that's one I've wanted to read for awhile.
  8. darkknight_152002 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm reading Middlesex, by Jefferey Eugenides for an English project.

Since I haven't read any SW literature in a long time, I am going to begin reading the Thrawn trilogy sometime soon.
  9. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The NJO has been put on hold once again, as I've recently been inspired to read The Return of the King again, for obvious reasons.
  10. darkknight_152002 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have begun reading Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire.
  11. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's an awesome book.

I've tried to start The Silmarillion, but it's crazy. I may read those Michael Crichton books now.
  12. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    I skipped the Quenta Silmarillion and read the Third Age stuff in the back. I'll get around to reading the rest sometime late next century.

13. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm slowly making my way through the Force Heretic trilogy. For some reason I have trouble reading books without chapters.
  14. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Marma, we could go through and put numbers in large print on some of the pages for you. :~)

Seriously, I do remember that bugging me a little...and some people a lot.

I've got The Very Best Baby Name Book (in the whole wide world open in front of me these days.

:~D
  15. jediknightleia Force Ghost

star 2
    I just bought Dark Empire so i'm waiting for it to get mailed to me. I just read With Child by Laurie R King.
  16. darkknight_152002 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    After I finish Heir to the Empire, I will finish the trilogy by reading Dark Force Rising and The Last Command. After finishing the trilogy, I would like to finish 2010: Odyssey Two.
  17. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I am writing a story at the moment, no time to read. So sorry. It is taking forever but I am really motivated to write, I've never really finish them, I just start them. So pray that I finish this one, lol.
  18. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    2010 and all the books after were awesome. I put down Mystic River and I am currently making my way through Marvel's Earth X by Alex Ross. Best...graphic novel...ever.
  19. darkknight_152002 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am currently reading:

Heir to the Empire, Timothy Zahn
    The Pianist, Wladyslaw Szpilman
  20. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    I decided to read The Lord of the Rings again. Got up to the night in hall twenty-one, then put it down in favor of reading Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six again.

I also have finished buying up all the X-Wing novels I hadn't had yet, so I get to read Isard's Revenge sometime also.

21. jediknightleia Force Ghost

star 2
    I just finished the Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum and I now I'm reading The Game by Laurie R King.
  22. jediknightleia Force Ghost

star 2
    I just finished those two and I just finished readting 3rd Degree by James Patterson. Very good book.
  23. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was really bored the other night, so I picked up Star By Star and opened to a random page in the middle and got sucked in again. I remember why it's my favorite book now (well, second favorite, I think Return of the King gets favorite). I love it.

I was also re-reading The Unifying Force, so I kept messing up the events between both, hehe. I'm not sure what I'm going to read after these, but I really needed to read something that I enjoyed for entertainment as opposed to the normal retarded school books we're reading. :D
  24. Keiran_Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Bumpity bump.

Just finished Shatterpoint and really, really enjoyed it. Matthew Stover is absolutly perfect to write the EPIII novelization.

I'm reading The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks right now. It's pretty amuzing, you know...be prepared in case the dead walk.
  25. jediknightleia Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm reading God Emperor of Dune.
    Has anybody read any of the Dune books?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.