main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The verdict?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jediguy, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Josh, the pics rock on. :D Wish I'd been there.

ETA: I just remembered a moment which made me grin like an idiot:

"So uncivilised."

And the half of the audience that got the reference to ANH laughed the more. Great stuff. Obi-Wan completely pwned this movie.

I hear you on that still, Josh. *sigh* But there's always rescreenings and DVD releases, and special-special editions, and books... Life could be worse. I'm trying to cheer myself up here.

2. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    My vote for MVP goes to palpy, he was just so damn evil and so damn camp at the same time I thought ian Mcthingo did a FANTASTIC job. Notable mention goes to obi-wan as well, I could be biased cos I was so taken with that lizard thing and well it is ewan but I thought it was his best effort in that galaxy far far away yet.

Also, the wipes were annoying as hell. There were just too many different (distinct) ones close together... I think a few ordinary ones with a sprinkle of special ones thrown in would have been less distracting. I was praying for Homer and his star wipes (dad! there are other wipes!) half way through.

And as for bad acting, dodgy dialogue - NOOOOOOO!! That's all I have to say.

All in all I thought it moved a bit too fast and stuff like that wookie battle and time dedicated to that fight where obi wan was could have been better utilised explaining a few other things.

And padme was annoying, as she was a strong character in the other films and in this one she was just a hanger-on for anakin to brood over.

Also, did I miss the bit where he was declared emperor? It seemed to me all of a sudden yoda was calling him that.

Finally, I loved the end scene with c3po. Best throw away line ever.

3. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    I went to xtra lengths to avoid any spoilers b4 this one and it paid off cause I was frakin blown away yes there were a few bad acting parts and a little bit of crappy story but really guys this is starwars for the makers sake

I was a little upset to see that luke didnt go to daygoba as in esb he has the feeling he had been there b4

ani limbless and burning ......................hhhmmmm

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Also I forgot the bit about how I wished anakin had finished off padme cos that whole 'well she's about to give birth to twins and medically she's fine but she's lost the will to live' scene was insulting and embarrassing.

Selfish b!tch.

5. sith star

May 29, 2000
    yes use your hate it makes you stronger

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Yeah I'm with you on the lost the will to live bit.

"TWO BABIES WHO NEED YOU WOMAN!!!!" no guy is worth that! LOL..well maybe a few.

I saw it a second time today and like it much more than the first viewing. I actually really liked Hayden's acting strangely, and I actually think that he was more believable in some scenes than Ewan. Can't beleive I said that..of course my mind did get all messed up when he got out of bed without his shirt on.

Natalie's acting was a bit dodgy true, but she had the worst lines to say, and she did pull off the "breaking my heart" line. I really felt her lose him. I did cry then.

I tink the M rating is totally worthwhile. The burning Anakin reminded me so much od scenes in horror movies I've seen, that I'd hate my kids to see it. I personally almost screamed when Anakin powered up his lightsabre after the youngling asked him what they should do. Maybe it was the reaction of a parent, but I felt physically ill for about 3 minutes after, and don't think I could breath. I'd be intrested to see how others felt about that bit.

The beginning of the Anakin/Obiwan duel was so amazing that that 20-30 seconds may one of the best scenes in my list of great scenes. The speech ObiWan made was heartbreaking, and even though I knew Darth had to survive somehow, I felt shocked that Obi wan would leave him. I guess I didn't expect him to help him, but maybe put him out of his misery.

I rally enjoyed hanging with you guys too. Felt alittle old around some of you LOL, but enjoyed watching you have fun, and thanks to all the guys who made my little boy's day by duelling with him

:) Jodie

7. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I wish I'd known before now you were going again, I'd've gone with :( but that's ok (we can always go again sometime)

The youngling thing made me sick too. Especially with that cute little lisping almost-english kiddie talking to anakin.

I was very disappointed with the turn the padme character took (from queen to solid senator to weak as p!$$ jedi groupie).

PS kahlan your finn was so cute i wanted to STEAL him (but don't fret I woulda brought him back I'm not terribly maternal)

8. sith star

May 29, 2000
    I like how they are almost on top of lava flows and have no problems with the heat or fumes

9. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    wizard.

10. sith star

May 29, 2000
  11. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Groupie is right. See what passionate love will do to a girl. I did think when she said that great line about "this is how liberty ends"..that she was going to do something about it, die tragically trying to convince others that The Emporor was evil. nope.

And something just felt wrong about Coruscant being under attack, and the temple on fire, and she was just staying put, geting great clothes,hair and make-up done and going to Senate meetings! OKay, enough bagging of George's female characters. Fiesty and arrogant, or demure and sweet. There is no inbetween.

Oh I meant to say... Darth Grievous...really didn't like the chaacter. CG was good. Hated the cough. It was like George had tried too hard to put too much personality/frailty into a character that didn't matter too much. I did like the character in the Clone Wars cartoon, so go figure. Maybe the movie just didn't have time for him.

And hey, I'll be seeing the movie a few more times and I'm sure we can all get together again and see it.

12. sith star

May 29, 2000
    yeah I liked grevious better in clone wars cartoon

13. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I was actually waiting for them to tie the organic/mechanic character of grevious to the evolution of vader - some sort of nod towards the technology of keeping some alive who is more machine now than man. But NOTHING. So grevious just ended up annoying me. But hey, ewan jumping around and that 'how uncivilised' bit was worth it.

14. sith star

May 29, 2000
    eh spose so

15. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    sith star a member of the ewan mcg appreciation society.

who woulda thunk it

16. sith star

May 29, 2000
    not really to fazed either way by him in other movies but I like him or more so his character in star wars

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I loved Artoo in this. It was kind of childish, but I still loved it.

I'll photoshop some Lightsaber's into the pics I uploaded for extra cuteness.

18. sith star

May 29, 2000
    I was unaware chewie and yoda were such good mates

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    And you call yourself a fan!

For shame.

20. sith star

May 29, 2000
    fan yes total freak who lives and breaths starwars no

21. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    It's not like you'd have it tattooed on you body permanently or anything.

22. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/murder_sandwhich/1.jpg]

My best attempt at Photoshop Sabering.

23. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    nice work!

24. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks for the photos, MS. I'm just going through the ones I took right now and I'm cleaning them up as best as I can. I'll chuck some sabre blades onto some of mine and some of yours (and anyone else who posts photos and wants them done), and chuck them all on my webspace for all to see.

25. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Cute photo MS. and I too stole some of your pics. Hope that's okay! I'll try to find some space to post some of mine. Most of them seem to be blurry or too too dark or whatever...
    *makes note to learn more about my camera*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.