main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Vergere Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by LordSilvertouch, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I welcome you all to the first fanclub of Jedi Master Vergere. Whether she bermuses or perplexes, you have to admit she does so with style :D :D :D

Followers of Vergere and her short time in the Star Wars Universe unite! Unless of course nobody posts here *smiles expectantly*

2. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    wahahahahahahahhha!!!...i see the massive flock of fans.... [face_laugh]

3. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Yay for the evil rainbow turkey!

4. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Oh well.

Come on.
    It can't be just me and the turkey-loving smurf who like Vergere. Any other takers?

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Vergere is one of my favorite characters in the EU.

6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Count me in, oh yeah... :D

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

7. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Me too! But only if someone tells me about Vergere. :p :(

8. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, she appeared in Cloak of Deception, was pretty much the focus of Rogue Planet, and then had her big part in the NJO series.

She's a member of the Fosh species, a rare type of sentient, feathered avian. She was a Jedi Knight, and she was dispatched to Zonama Sekot two years after the Battle of Naboo, in an effort to discover the source of Sekotan starships. The Jedi received no communication from her for a year.

Her Master, Thracia Cho Leem, feared for her life, and requested that the Jedi Council send another party to try and find her. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker eventually discovered that, during her attempt to bond with a Sekotan starship, the planet was attacked by a group of Far Outsiders. In an effort to draw them away from the living planet, Vergere engendered herself to them and allowed herself to be taken by them, in exchange for the safety of Zonama Sekot. She left behind a message for any Jedi who followed her to Zonama Sekot, in the seed-partners she had to leave behind, warning them of the presence of the Yuuzhan Vong. She then dedicated herself to closing off the Force and pretending to be a loyal familiar of the Yuuzhan Vong priestess, Falung.

During this time, she learned everything she could about the aliens, while giving out as little information as she could. She knew that the Old Republic's meager armed forces would be no match for the Yuuzhan Vong. Decades later, she returned to the known galaxy, posing as a familiar to the Yuuzhan Vong priestess, Elan. Vergere had never given up hope of returning to the galaxy, but served Elan faithfully while biding her time. When Elan was chosen to act as a hostage to the New Republic, in an effort to destroy the Jedi Knights, Vergere accompanied her as a loyal servant. Vergere then revealed her true heritage to Elan, but did not reveal her position as a Jedi. In reality, Vergere was looking for a way to return home.

After Elan was killed by the bo'tous she planned to use on the Jedi, Vergere gave Han Solo a sample of her tears, which she had chemically manipulated with the Force. In addition to simple lacrymal fluid, the tears contained an unusual substance which counteracted the effects of the coomb spores. During her captivity among the Yuuzhan Vong, Vergere had learned to internalize the Force, and use it to keep herself alive without revealing her true identity to her captors. These tears eventually allowed Mara Jade Skywalker to recover from her illness. Vergere, once free of Elan, fled the Millennium Falcon in an escape pod, and returned to the Yuuzhan Vong. She later supplied Warmaster Tsavong Lah with information on the Millennium Falcon, to satisfy Tsavong Lah's quest to capture and kill Jacen Solo.

In this way, Vergere became Nom Anor's chief rival among the Warmaster's underlings, a situation which was as dangerous as it was favorable. When the Jedi Knights discovered the voxyn creche in orbit around Myrkr, Vergere allowed herself to "help" the Jedi, giving the Yuuzhan Vong a chance to capture Jacen Solo and bring the Warmaster one step closer to achieving his goals. Despite her treachery, Vergere paused long enough to cry for Jacen, exuding some of her healing tears to heal him in preparation for the torture he was to endure.

Vergere then developed a relationship with Tsavong Lah, hoping to receive a chance to remain near Jacen. Her wish was granted when she and Nom Anor were placed in charge of the so-called Solo Project, during which time Vergere taught Jacen that there was more to the Force that light and dark. Although she refused to reveal her true intentions, Vergere gave Jacen enough information to push him in the proper direction. It was Vergere who stopped Jacen from destroying all the dhuryams bred by Master Shaper Ch'Gang Hool, which gave her just enough leeway to allow Jacen to be transported to Coruscant, which had been reshaped into a new version of Yuuzhan'tar. There, she continued his "training", until he discovered a way to befriend the World Brain. After establishing his conn

9. Darth_Bolo_O_I

Darth_Bolo_O_I Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Count me in as well!

Traitor is my all time favorite book, mostly due to Vergere's views on the Force and everything else.

Later!

10. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I've never understood how people could dislike Vergere, but they can. :(

Vergere is certainly one of the best EU characters to have been "invented" (I believe she is in fact real) and I love how she influenced both Jacen and Nom Anor. ALl three of them are probably my favorite NJO characters to date.

Did any of Vergere's lessons to Jacen help you? I know they helped me to a certain extent.

11. EDO100

EDO100 Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
    I'm sorry but you can't make a fanclub for vergere. NO matter how hard you try.

12. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    well you can die EDO

13. On-The-Vergere-Of-It

On-The-Vergere-Of-It Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    I wanna be in the fanclub! Huzzah!!

Does anyone know if there's a decent picture of Vergere out there somewhere?? Every one I've seen so far has either been too cartoonish, or too horrid. And every pic is different. So anyone got a good pic, true to book's description (and hopefully the writer's vision), of our feathery odd-ball mascot?

14. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm sorry but you can't make a fanclub for vergere. NO matter how hard you try.

Why?

In anycase, I'm a fan of this crazy bird. She brought a nice change in philosophy and charactrers to Star Wars. A mistake to kill her so soon really.

15. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I think it is possible to create a fanclub for her. It might be small, but it is filled with heretics! [face_devil]

16. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Pfft, it's you all who are heretics, not me. So you got your facts messed up about "the dark side." :p

17. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Count me in as well! :D

18. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    I'm sorry but you can't make a fanclub for vergere. NO matter how hard you try

hahahahahahahahahhaa....whew! hahahahahhaha.... agreed agreed!!! [face_devil]

19. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I don't think I've seen a decent picture of Vergere yet. Sorry. :(

I guess we will have to prove you guys wrong. ;)

20. On-The-Vergere-Of-It

Oct 15, 2003
    The Great Hunt for a Vergere Pic begins!

21. On-The-Vergere-Of-It

Oct 15, 2003
    Well, this is the pic that Starwars.com offers. It was also in an "essential" character guide book... I'm still looking tho.

www.starwars.com/databank/character/vergere/eu.html

22. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Vergere

I'm not too keen on that pic, but it is the best one I've seen to date. :(

I'll go ahead and search some today.

23. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Count me in! Vergere is da shizzle!!!

Traitor's my favorite SW book, alongside the Timothy Zahn books. I just hope TUF can live up to it.

Question: We originally thought that Luke, Leia, and Anakin were the strongest in the Force--even stronger than Master Yoda. So there's the question, who's actually the strongest in the Force?

I still vote for Anakin Skywalker and his twins being a collective numero uno, followed closely and in no particular order by Yoda, Anakin Solo, the Solo twins, Mara Jade, Kyp Durron, Tahiri Veila, and Kyle Katarn.

Keep in mind I only put in MAJORLY Force-strong characters there, because that's all that this question is concerned with.

And now the question: Where does Vergere fit in on this scale, if it can be called such?

Keep in mind Anakin's achievement with the Force before his death, Vergere's teachings about the Force to Jacen, Vergere's unique Force abilities, things like the Valley of the Jedi, Zonama Sekot, any knowledge of the Yuuzhan Vong that Palpatine may have suppressed or kept secret, the Jedi's weakness hinted at in Episode II, Tahiri's Yuuzhan Vong shaping, Yoda's supreme ability to kick massive amounts of arse, and any effect the "dark" Force well on Dromund Kaas may have had on Kyle Katarn's perception of the Force and how it relates to the Yuuzhan Vong in the long term.

Dang, that's a lot of things to consider. But it's a big question.

24. SenorCrunchy

SenorCrunchy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    I suppose I'll join the merry band. I've always liked Vergere. Yay.
    -Alex

25. Rogue11Sticks

Rogue11Sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2003
    "Everything I tell you is a lie!"

Try telling that to people and watch the perplextion on their faces.... MWAH HA! HA! HA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.