main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Versai Chronicles Revealed....

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Valaryc, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valaryc

Valaryc Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    Hello fellow readers and aspiring writers of star wars fan fiction. I'm going to try an experiment here at the request of followers of my writtern works.

You see first I have to explain just a little bit of my reasoning. My name is Nick Nugent, I'm currently studying in art school to attain my BFA in Digital Media. Within the major story creation and narrative work is a must.

Basically I wanted to submit my stories and get them archived, however the policies of theforce.net's "fanficton archive" board forbid any story to be posted there if its not completed.

Well see this is where my philophosy differs. I feel that by giving readers one chapter at a time, ala a "mini series" or episodes like on TV, you create a greater following then you would if you post the entire story in one chunk.

It also tends to cut down the number of pages you have to read through...some stories can get rather extensive.

Therefore I wish to see if my theory is proven right or wrong here. I'm going to post the first "chronicle" in the life of my very developed character known as Valaryc Winters Versai.

Pronounced

(Valaryc) Va - lar - ick
    (Versai) Ver - sigh

He was born 10 years before Luke and this tale is the telling of his life, during the Skywalker legacy, and in this chapter, where his life crosses into the star wars movies themselves.

First off my writing style is a hybrid of traditional novelization and screenplay attributes. I feel that by placing my readers in the middle of the action as spectators as opposed to just being "told" something has or is occuring, I can greater involve them in the course of events directly. Kind of a voyerism ordeal.

The setting is aboard the first Death Star, prior to Obi Wan's sacrifice and his duel against Darth Vader. Basically in a nutshell, Val was born to Russel and Kathryn Versai. At the age of 3 he was abandoned on the Forest Moon of Endor on accident, where he was found by an Imperial scout regiment and rasied, as Val progresses in his training and his life through both two years in the Imperial Training Centers, to ten years in a secret Dark Jedi Academy.

During his years, he finds death and betrayal around every corner...in this chronicle, he gets even with a twisted Admiral named Krevlin.

Again I stress this is ONE CHRONICLE in a series of other events, things mentioned here are further touched upon in other volumes of the chronicles series.

There is so much development to his life's story, that I had to break portions of it into seperate stories but unified chapters in the "Versai Chronicles" themselves.

So without much more talk or delay, I'm going to post the first chapter here. If you like what you read, and wish me to post further or want to know where you can learn more...please, make your voice known.

Thank you,

-Val/Nick

The Versai Chronicles: Ashes of the Past

INTRODUCTION

In dark room of the Versai Mansion, lying in a silk-sheet covered bed lies a figure in the darkness. His form rests softly along the gentle caress of the silky black sheets wrapped about his body, slumbering, peacefully?so it seems?

However, nothing is at it appears, perhaps a serene scene among the lush beautiful foliage of Alpha Xeridia?s forests?but no you see, within the mind of this figure?images of the past rip through his psyche?troubling him. Betrayal?deceit, vengeance?loss?. Death. All reside inside his tortured soul. and here is where a battle rages, not for a victory, or a planet no, for a man?s own sanity, his own life hanging in the balance between good and evil, light and dark?the man whom slumbers in troubled waters of frustration, is Val Versai himself?His endless nights are filled with visions from the past, haunting him, taunting him, reminding him.

You the reader, are now about to discover, secrets from Val?s past unrevealed for years?you know of Gen?s death that shifted Valaryc?s path to the darkness he was not born into, but forced into?not by fate it would seem as

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.