The very first Romero zombie has died.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Aytee-Aytee, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master

star 5
    [link=http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bill-hinzman-death-obituary-287639]Bill Hinzman, who kicked off the zombie plague in Night of the Living Dead has passed away, age 75.[/link]
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/CemeteryZombie.jpg/220px-CemeteryZombie.jpg]
    He's coming to get you, Barbara!
  2. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Obviously, may this guy rest in peace, but I'm all zombied out...............too much of entertainment/pop culture revolves around zombie talk. It needs to go away.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.
  3. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Would you rather have more sparkly vampires Armen?
  4. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I [image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lIvkGkyutmI/TTCMhTC-OXI/AAAAAAAAAno/ctjlYj6nBxY/s1600/CB400_ZMB_Cut_Outs-0004_1.jpg] zombies
  5. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Of course not.

6. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Knight

star 6
    I've heard a lot of people saying exactly that...that they're "zombied out" and sick of the resurgence of the zombie genre in the last decade, but c'mon...the whole post-apocalyptic feel of lawlessness, survival, and interestingly enough...freedom, that permeates a lot of the zombie movies of late is really compelling. It's like it's everyone's fantasy to survive the zombie apocalypse and blow their heads off like a video game hero. It's fun.

No one fantasizes about being an immortal fruit pie.

7. New_York_Jedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Yeah the Walking Dead looks like great fun.

8. block Jedi Master

star 5
    It does look like fun. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy a chance to rebuild society (as you see fit) while mowing down zombies?
  9. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I'm sorry, I just don't have that fantasy to mow down zombies.

10. block Jedi Master

star 5
    What about rebuilding society based on your own ideals? No interest in that? You would have a better shot at getting neck beards to catch on.
  11. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    My fantasies on that subject involve a world without crappy zombies or ridiculous creatures running about. It would be just a lot less humans and a lot less land.

12. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    Is it safe to say that Wal-Mart would no longer be an issue in your post apocalyptic scenario?
  13. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Of course. The building's that weren't destroyed would be converted to alcohol warehouses, cigar lounges, and prostitution centers.