main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Vestara Khai Fan Club/From Innocent Girl To Ruthless Killer~ Anyone Interested?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by LittleMissNightsaber, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Since Omen (the second book of FOTJ) I've had this interest in Vestara Khai. In Abyss, it began to grow.
    ~~~~~
    Physical Appearance:

She has a scar on her lip that give her the appearance of a constant smirk, which is a flaw in her society, but a useful scar to her master, Lady Olaris Rhea. It is unknown how she got this scar. She also has dark brown hair with brown eyes.
    ~~~~~
    Appearances:
    Imprint- her years before being a Tyro
    Omen- We meet this girl who is first a Tyro of fourteen.
    Abyss- Vestara is further in her training. She and the strike team fight the Skywalkers, but in the end, is the only survivor.
    Backlash- On the run (from the except)

~~~~~
    Rules (Important)

1) No bashing characters. No 'Mara Jade is the worst character in the EU' (kidding). If you don't like a certain character, go to the Literature forum and complain or keep it to yourself (I recommend this).

2) If you hate Vestara, see rule 1

3) Follow the JC Rules and there will be no trouble. This includes keeping the spoiler period up: Sinre addition
    ~~~~~
    This is a place for speculation, ideas, and hopes of Vestara Khai.
    Now are there any members? @};-

2. Stormy_74

Stormy_74 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2009
  3. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    Count me in!

I love how despite trying to be respectful to her master and all, she still thinks for herself. I've never been that interested in Sith before but this girl is seriously growing on me!

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Absolutely no spoilers before the spoiler period is up. :p

5. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    sorry about that. I forgot about that spoiler thing in my haste. Thunder storm, had to shut computer down in five minutes, and excitement.

Yun Harla

Me too. She's beginning to grow on me. I never felt this way for a Sith. I liked her intro. She is so dedicated to Sith Tribe, and wanted to be a Sith Master. Ship has a special interest in her because of it. I can't wait for more books about her. Although in Backlash except, she liked the taste of Luke's blood after it spattered on her face.[face_sick]

Sinre EDIT: You need to choose 'highlight' and then black. Not color. Don't worry about it.

6. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    I'm going to throw my hat into this ring and say that I'm getting excited about this character. Finally, a decent Sith. A Sith with a brain, dedication and sanity, I'm so tired of insane, ridiculously reckless, supposedly powerful Sith characters who only turn up twiddle their moustaches and get killed off very quickly so our heroes can look like heroes.

This one has potential...[face_thinking] and yes the blood thing squicked me but it is so very....Sithy :cool:

7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Just the fact that she survived an encounter with Luke Skywalker is impressive. :p

I'm really liking how the authors are working together on this story.

8. Wifflesnip

Oct 22, 2008
    Yeah, they seem to have, so far, presented a fairly consistent potrayal of her character which speaks of some significant mapping going on behind the scene. So kudos to Del Rey for that one :)

As for Abyss ]That was one of the scenes that I enjoyed the most, the fight and that little scene where they stare at one another and salute each other, recognising the strength of both.

It raised my esteem of her character quite a bit in my eyes because it showed her intelligence, toughness, strength and her healthy respect for the enemy, all characteristics that I look for in a decent antagonists.

9. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    I'm in ! ^_____^

I'm going to throw my hat into this ring and say that I'm getting excited about this character. Finally, a decent Sith. A Sith with a brain, dedication and sanity, I'm so tired of insane, ridiculously reckless, supposedly powerful Sith characters who only turn up twiddle their moustaches and get killed off very quickly so our heroes can look like heroes.

I agree completly ! It's nice to read a antagonist that is strong and intelligent... I also like she's a teenage girl, I haven't read antagonist like that before.

10. Versulas

Versulas Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2009
    Heh, this is the first time I've been seeing things from a Sith's perspective (unless you count one jedi turned Sith =/) Seems to me like the more I read into her thoughts, the more I find similarities between the jedi and the sith. Palpatine and Caedus were much different from the jedi but they were also a bit crazy. Mayhap everyone thinks that's how all Sith are because those are the ones they've been exposed to. Nothing wrong with the morals or thinking of Ves. Seems she's a little tainted by the general conditioning and tradition they put every apprentice through (which reflects the difference in training/ruling/social systems). From what I gathered from her training, both the jedi and sith are sort of giving themselves a handicap by using some advantages and refusing to use others. The Jedi let the force guide their movements and decisions and shy away from anger and falling prey to their emotions. While the Sith embrace their passion and use their anger as an advantage, though instead of letting the force guide them, they use it like another tool, just like a lightsaber.

I was disappointed though o_O hate to draw the couple card here (though I don't see why figuring the only 2 main characters introduced that are the same age shouldn't be a likely possibility at this point), but ever since I found out Vestara and Ben were both 16 I've been waiting to see how they meet. They drew it out for 3 books and finally... in like the second to last chapter of Abyss it happens, and nothing... she got a much better feel for Luke if anything ;P didn't even try to tie in =/ well no spoilers but ya get the point. I realize this story has to last for another 6 books but December is a long ways away ><

In any case, I can't wait to see what happens next, the way she left at the end of Abyss was classic, I'm gonna be biting my nails until I find out what happens.

11. EmperorAndross

EmperorAndross Jedi Padawan

Aug 31, 2009
    Don't worry, there's still plenty of time to go in the series... Let it be known that I predict wedding bells featuring Ben and Vestara some point in the future... I think they'd be good for each other.

I found it really annoying though that in the excerpt of backlash that Vestara's all proud that she 'injured' Luke Skywalker, okay maybe she doesn't realise that Luke let her so that he could leave the blood trail but still, she was part of a large strike team that was obliterated by two Jedi, her master was hacked to pieces in front of her and she got the two Jedi after her; Sith or not she's going to be terrified, not proud.[face_shame_on_you] I remember I was annoyed when Allston did the same thing in Fury when Jacen reckons that he fared better than Luke in their dual.[face_skull]

12. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    As if the Lost Tribe wasn't fascinating (and weird :p ) enough, Vestara is very, very unique. A very young Sith girl is a cool perspective that we haven't explored before.

I like Vestara and Ben may very well end up like Mara and Luke.

13. VESTARA

VESTARA Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    Hello everyone :) This is my first post here. I'm glad there's a fan club here for Vestara because she's one of my favorite characters.I adore her [face_love] I look forward very much for the next book and hope it has more of her in it.

14. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    I can't wait for Backlash too. Ves is going to a planet that is probably full of nightsister- and witches.
    Nice... icon:D Ben's my other favorite character and welcome to the boards.

[face_peace]

15. VESTARA

VESTARA Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    Thanks :) *lol* I like this icon;) Ben's a favorite character too. I hope maybe in the future books they will be more of him and Vestara (not trying to kill eachother);)I would really like some romance even if it's not permanent.But I think it would be a lot like the Luke Skywalker-Mara Jade relationship and they got married :)

@};-

16. Wifflesnip

Oct 22, 2008
    So did anyone catch the Allies bookcover and explanation by Sue Rostoni...interesting, very interesting possiblities o_O

17. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Could you link to it, please?

18. Wifflesnip

Oct 22, 2008
    Sure no problems :D Cover link here and Sue Rostoni explanation here .

19. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Thanks. :D

So that's who the other guy is...I was wondering about that. Very interesting, indeed. I was expecting some sort of confrontation between Luke, Ben, and Vestara, but I didn't really forsee anything with her dad, at least not something notable enough to include him on the cover of the book. I can't wait for Backlash!! Or Allies. :p

20. Jedi_Amelia

Jedi_Amelia Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2008
    Thanks for that, I can't wait! :D I'm really liking Vestara's character so far :)

21. VESTARA

VESTARA Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    Thanks for this news! The title Allies...finally a clue to the relationship of Ben and Vestara? [face_mischief]
    And this man, her father, he looks scary [face_worried] I'm glad Vestara isn't a orphan as I had thought :)
    A confrontation with the Jedi I was expecting at some point...but with her father it evens the odds. I wonder if Vestara has a good relationship with her father and he'll help her [face_thinking]

22. Wifflesnip

Oct 22, 2008
    Heh, I'm choosing to believe that the title 'Allies' is an ironic reference rather than any indication of a change of heart on behalf of Vestara but hey, I could be wrong :p

As for her father, why did you think that she was an orphan?

23. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    One could hope!

24. VESTARA

VESTARA Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    hmmmm I think that's probably true...but still hope [face_mischief] I thought she was an orphan when I read Abyss and she seems to be just part of her tribe and not a family somewhere. I thought it might mention her family...well that itself doesn't mean orphan, she just might not think about it...but I just got the impression. Well I'm glad she has a father :) Is her mother around also?

25. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    Yup. Her mother's name is Lahka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.