main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Vestara Khai Fan Club/From Innocent Girl To Ruthless Killer~ Anyone Interested?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by LittleMissNightsaber, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I just remembered something....
    Isn't that the name of a potato pancake? o_O
    While I like Vestara and Ben, I'm not sure if I want them to marry. I might 'fic' it in the future (preferably with a partner). But I'll have to read Backlash before that. And I'm not good with romance.

I think, however, it would be hard to redeem her since she's already been indoctrinated, so to speak. She has been told that the dark side was more powerful and that she had a special destiny since she was little. It's like if you told by your parents that you were a dog when you were little.
    -NSaber@};-

2. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    I don't think I want it to be the only relationship they would have in thier lifetimes. One day I might like to see them marry ^___^ I want to see them friends at least [face_mischief]

I agree that it will hard to redeem her... can you convince someone that another way of life is better if it's all they know of? ...maybe this is where love comes in :p I like Vestara as sith. It would be better if she could team up with Luke and Ben, but it doesn't have to be as a redeemed sith turned jedi, lol.

3. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    I've just seen the excerpt for "Backlash"...
    Do you think Vestara will try to claim Ben on Dathomir? [face_mischief]

4. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    Time will tell.
    I am so buying Backlash. First, part of the setting is on Dathomir. For some reason, i love reading about the planet on Wookieepedia. I guess it's because Tenel Ka lived there.
    And second, I sense a great conflict. ;)
    Ves's father is creepy. I wonder what part he will play in the future. [face_thinking]

5. Melissa1991

Melissa1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2009
    Count me in

6. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
  7. MadamJaq

MadamJaq Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2009
    (Nightsaber's Warm Holiday Sock)
    Of course. :D
    What go you interested in Vestara?

8. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    I am a fan of the sith but something about her caught my attention.

9. VESTARA

VESTARA Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2009
    fic it [face_batting]

Backlash is so far away :_| I'll buy it for sure! I need to start saving for it.

10. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    I know. I have nothing to read now because I've already read Abyss. ^__^

11. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Well, look at it this way; at least FotJ isn't like many other novel series I've read, where you have to wait several [/b]years[/b] between releases.

12. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    Blurb from Allies:

Forced to wait on the planet Klatooine for reinforcements from Lando Calrissian, this already fragile alliance is threatened by the presence of the Hutts, and while Leia, Han, Jaina, and Jag walk a fine line between obeying the law of the Galactic Alliance and supporting Luke, Jedi Ben Skywalker and Sith Apprentice Vestara Khai may be the ones to lead the mission to triumph - or disaster.

:eek:
    Does anyone else share my very detailed shock of this. I'm sure Vestara would love this bit.

Technically not spoilers, but don't want to take a chance
    It gives me a new theory that maybe she's redeemed and her father trying to bring her back to the darkside. Thankfully we know she survived Backlash. [face_tired]

13. DarthWelkman

DarthWelkman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2009
    What would people think if Ben had to kill Vestara in the end?

14. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    I'm not sure. Personally I would be shocked and drop the book. Vestara is one of my favorites and being killed by another favorite would make me mad, but I would get over it. I actually don't care much for Ben/Ves thing. It would be just like HTTE again.
    She could just be captured by them, because redemption isn't a one book thing really.

15. DarthWelkman

DarthWelkman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2009
    Well, I actually ship B/T, and B/Kiara (that kid off Ziost).

But I too hope Vestara survives. I'm hoping she won't let go of the dark side of the force at the end of FOTJ. This is a character worthy of more than one series.

Practically I don't see how she could work with any Jedi. Their grandmaster and his son did kill off her beloved teacher. Unless Rhea turned out to be something of a manipulator toward her a la Palpatine/Mara....

I also ship AU Luke/AU Olaris Rhea. [face_laugh]

16. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    I like the idea of the ship(B/V) (I might fic it soon), and I even considered a fic about Ben/Kiara.
    I just thought that Ben/Ves is a complicated relationship. We got a dedicated Sith Apprentice and a dedicated Jedi Knight. A clash of their individual views of the Force. But then again Ben was once a 'Sith Apprentice'.

Practically I don't see how she could work with any Jedi. Their grandmaster and his son did kill off her beloved teacher. Unless Rhea turned out to be something of a manipulator toward her a la Palpatine/Mara....
    I share the same thought.
    As I said sometime ago, she's been indoctrinated, and believes it's her destiny to rule the galaxy along with other Sith. But Mara was redeemed. I just think it will be Trawn Trilogy all over again.

17. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i would like to see Ben eventually redeem Vestara, but i would like to see her a sith past this series. Del Rey is not very good about creating villians that last

18. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    Yes.
    Nom Anor should have come back in Dark Nest. I hope Vestara survives this series as a villain.

19. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    With the release of Backlash, I'm surprised this never got bumped. So I guess I'll provide it's "revival."

20. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Thoughts on Backlash? Please black out for now.

I'm amused with Vestara thus far. I don't like Ben falling for her, but I think that was inevitable. I like how she's still being tied to the Skywalkers and not released yet. That makes sense to me. I see her being a lot like Mara Jade in 10 years which is also a good thing if they keep her alive.

21. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    My thoughts: As much as I really like this ship, I don't think she'll be the great love of his life. I don't really think Ben really likes her, but Ves seems to have a crush on him. Who knows Allies will clear things up. Maybe...

22. Eskimo9000

Eskimo9000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2007
    I just finished Backlash and I must say, for the first time since Jacen died in Invincible, I finally have a favourite character again in Vestara Khai.

23. Tamlan_Eld

Tamlan_Eld Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2010
    Vestara's dad reminds me of that Malfoy's dad on Harry Potter. I don't know why...

24. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    How do people feel about Vestra and Ben after Allies?

25. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Because fans "soften" Vestara's villainous ways as long as there's a chance she gets in Ben's pants? LOL

Seriously, I like the Ben/Ves ship, but I don't want some sudden turn on either's part. It has to be slow and drawn out. I'd like to see more of these Jedi/Sith ships, just because interfaith relationships are always rocky, especially when both religions are dedicated to wiping out the other.

What can I say? I like the Romeo and Juliet complex.

BTW, someone that young used Force lightning? Strong in the dark side she is. No wonder the Klatooinians congratulated Luke and Gavar on finding suitable breeding partners for their kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.