The Vet

Discussion in 'Philadelphia, PA' started by SithLord1968, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    anybody going down to see the implosion of the Vet in person? I understand the police are going to secure the area, but I'm sure some resourceful folks can get a decent view.
  2. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    "Veterans Stadium is History"
    www.NBC10.com has video of the implosion from several angles on their web site.
    Have fun.
  3. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was down there, at Southern High's field at 12th and Bigler.... surreal scene watching the columns tumble one-by-one.... I took some pics and I'll provide the link to the photo site once I have them loaded up.
  4. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    I taped it. Because of the way they planned the implosion it seemed to fall in slow motion. Pretty neat.
  5. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    here's the link to my pictures of the blast:
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4198384&a=31159194&f=

6. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Nice pictures. I like the close ups of the aftermath. The sky looks pretty that day too.
  7. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks. It was quite a peaceful, crisp early spring morning that day. Perfect day to send off "our" Colosseum.
  8. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    Thank goodness that place is gone, even for all the memories I have there, it was a dump.
  9. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Does anyone know if they are going to have public tours of the new baseball park like they did for the Linc? I went to that one and it was fun. Course they might not get this one ready in time.
  10. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    There are currently no plans by the Phillies to hold an open house to the general public. It is still a live construction site with workers buzzing around there 24/7 nowadays.
  11. RebelGhirl Jedi Youngling

when is the new stadium supposed to be finished? maybe they'll do tours after the grand opening?
  12. Skidder Jedi Knight

star 3
    games are still going to be played. most of the stuff to be finished is superficial like some of the facade and stuff
  13. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The first games are being played this weekend.
    I'm pretty sure the Phillies are going to offer guided tours on days that there isn't a game, but they are usually by appointment/reservation and cost a few bucks.
    The entire "Ashburn Alley" area of the BallPark is going to be under construction until May.
    I am going to the game on April 17th. I'll report back how things look, and maybe I'll take some digi-pics.

The Eagles had two "Open Houses" when they opened The Linc. One was on a Saturday in July for season ticket holders (like me!), and the following Sunday was for anyone and everyone, free of charge.
  14. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Now I really wish I visited the Vet when I was in Philly last year. I always get so excited when I travel and just pass by ballparks that I have never seen before. I do not get to travel much but it was great seeing Camden Yards and Turner field and even the park that the Columbus Clippers play in. Maybe one day I will make it down to Philly just to see a game. As long as they are not playing the Mets.

Unfortunately I have never been to a ballpark other than Yankee Stadium and Shea. Someday that will change.
  15. Skidder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not a Pirates fan, but PNC Park is one awesome stadium. The outside is ugly is sin, but inside is awesome. They even have an Outback Steakhouse in there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.