main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Victorian Quote Roulette - all quotes are taken, now the prose is making its way hither!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I ADORE my quote. [face_dancing]

YEEHAW SQUGGLES!

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I LOVE MINE TOO! [face_love] [face_dancing]

Fourth time's the charm, eh? :p

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm supposed to be writing something for a challenge on another board, but what the hey. I'll take another. :D

Preferably something I can write something completely absurd with. :D

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    No promises, but I'll try #22!

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Idrelle: After your first three, I can't wait to see what this one will produce! [face_dancing]

JediMara77: Oh, I can help you out with that! [face_devil] ;) How does #15 sound? [face_batting]

Brodiew: Ah, fresh blood! ;) Your quote will be sent in a moment. [:D]

~MJ @};-

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I'm just thankful that you're not accusing me of quote-hogging. :p My Muse is on fire. :eek: 8-} :p

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Idrelle: The whole point of this is to get the muses stiring - and yours definitely is! [face_laugh] And half of the quotes are still available, so I think we're safe. ;) [:D]

~MJ @};-

8. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

Hehehehe...that quotes actually works rather well for what I have planned with my other challenge!

I hope some people here know World of Warcraft 'cause I'm supposed to be writing a crossover.... [face_mischief]

(I've already written the obligatory "Jaina" joke!)

9. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I finally have mine up

Haunted

If I can another one...can I have #11?

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have mine up

Unmasked

It couldn't become something else with the scary quote

"We degenerate into hideous puppets, haunted by the memory of the passions of which we were much too afraid, and the exquisite temptations that we had not the courage to yield to."

and has some nice fanart by me.

And can I get another one: 54 or 56 please:)

11. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I may be beaten and thrown out of the city for saying so, but put Pride and Prejudice in the Star Trek: 2009 with Kirk and Uhura and you might have quite a volatile comedy of manners...or lack there of. [face_devil]

I might even write it, but I don't know the story well enough. Mira, do you dare shoot me a rough outline? [face_skull]

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Hope

Okay...can I have another one? [face_batting] Pretty please? With cyber cherries on top? :p

Number 31, perhaps?

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Uhura would look stunning in 19th century lady wear -- gowns and jewels I mean -- and Spock speaking Darcy's lines --

=P~

I'm on that PM train for sure!!!

[face_dancing]

~~~~~~

ETA:

Posted another response in the NSWFF boards:

Peel Me Like a Grape

YEEHAW SQUGGLES!

[face_love]

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

Oh, be still my heart but can I write you an outline!!! [face_dancing] As P&P is a near and dear thing to my heart, I can totally assist with that. [face_love] (And then the funny thing is that while I can totally see Kirk in Darcy's place as to play opposite Elizabeth/Uhura's ire, I can also see him as either a less sleazy-Whickham(the charming ladies man with the quick humor), or even a slightly darker oriented Bingley . . . It would be interesting to see how you cast the characters. [face_thinking])

And Jade_eyes - you are incorrigible! I adore it. ;) (And thank-you for those lovely mental images! [face_laugh] [face_love] The whole hard and coldly arrogant exterior with the passion underneath meets hot headed beauty and brilliance . . . Yep. I'm there. [face_love]

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

15. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I hear Pride & Prejudice and Star Trek? And Kirk?

ohhhh... Mira...that second quote you gave me can I like do a SW challenge and ST one? Cuz man....my muse wants to do both!!!

Actually I think I might...hehe!=P~

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

Yeah baby you can do both!!! [face_dancing]

I look forward to it!! [face_dancing]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    #45 is done with "embers, lie sleeping". [face_love]

Do we have any more victims - erm, volunteers? There are plenty of quotes to go around. [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

18. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    The first entry to my story is completed.

Impulse Of The Moment

I shall work diligently on the 2nd half and post accordingly.

I'm just milking this Victorian speech, aren't I?

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

And it is BRILLIANT!! [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Okay, Mira, I haven't had the time to write my next entry yet, but there are two things I'm considering: more Claudius/Gertrude ( :eek: ), or Ginny/Voldemort ( :eek: :eek: ).

[face_batting]

There's so much I could do with my quote, I just need to decide. [face_thinking]

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

:eek:

Your muse is . . . fascinating. [face_laugh]

I personally am ridiculously interested in Gertrude/Cladius - they're sick and sordid and somehow right for each other even still, and that's something I enjoy. ;)

As for Voldemort/Ginny . . . Wow. I've read a Hermione/Voldemort that involved a time turner that was enjoyable [face_blush], but that particular ship . . . Is it awful to say that I would read it fully curious and open minded? [face_laugh]

Lands, how I love how this roulette is enabling your muse. [face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

22. Overboard4aFel

Overboard4aFel Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh! Oh! Can I have one please?

Is number 6 taken? :D

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Idri -- I vote for another Hamlet-centric viggie. [face_dancing]

One should really restrict oneself to one or two fandoms at a time.

:p

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I have a weird one. :p I will never say that there's nothing I won't write, because odds are I'll say I'll never write it, and then six months later I'll be writing it. :p

Me, too. [face_love] Let the Curse of the Odd Looks be placed upon us! :p

I think we may have read the same story... Have You Ever by Lady Moonglow, by any chance? Anyways, this particular fic I'm working on anyhow, because I wrote the first section of it for the JC House Cup and just never got around to finishing the story because it was too long to finish in the amount of time I had left. The quote I have inspired it a bit, but I may pass it off to another Gertrude/Claudius fic since I am technically working on the G/V fic anyway... 8-} :p

Me, too! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [:D] Now, if only I had more time at school! 8-}

Deb, there's no such thing as too many fandoms! 8-} Thank goodness for NSWFF, or I'd be at a loss right now. :p (SW unfortunately isn't on my mind very much these days, it's been overrun by... Shakespeare and Sherlock and Harry Potter. 8-} Okay, I do have a strange Muse. :p )

Oh, and there's new fics! Yay! [face_dancing] I need to catch up on reading those now. :)

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

That is soooo the fic! :eek:

Wow, it's a small fan-fiction world. [face_laugh]

Oh, and I am so glad that we will be able to see the both of them. Yikes, but have I become greedy. [face_laugh] ;)

[face_laugh]

That is soooo my favorite Look to get from people. ;)

I completely agree with that! [face_dancing]

Although, with the way I start a project and have trouble finishing it, it is wise for me to restrain mine.

Ah, but there is just so much to love in the fan-fiction world. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.