main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Video Game Draft Version 2.0 Beta

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Xemnas did a bit. Especially when he was stuck sitting on a throne he would bring up some Nobodies as protection. And Saix has control of the Berserker Nobodies. And Xigbar summoned his Nobodies as distractions so that he could snipe from a distance and get away from close combat, IIRC.

No obscene amounts, no. But they did use bodyguards on and off again.

And I'd say no to Maleficent using Heartless, myself. She had control but she was never one to use them if someone got far enough to be fighting her. Whereas the Organization XIII members using Nobodies was a stated part of their characters.

~*!~-~SHUT YOUR EVIL, EVIL PIE-HOLE~-~!*~

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, I do remember Mal doing a little summoning once or twice, now that I think about it. Don't recall any O XIII members doing it, though. Not off hand, anyways.

EDIT: Oh, right. It's all coming back now. Yeah, a few foot soliders would be fine. They wouldn't be any more than a distraction against most other PLers, but that can be enough on occassion.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    We're not taking Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth as Canon, are we?

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Taking Sephiroth and Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth is like in the comic draft with the Exiles. The KH FF characters are different enough from their actualy counterparts that what we're probably taking are the 616/FF (#) versions and not the KH version. That's how I see it.

5. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    I'd say no. Same with all the other FF characters that are in those games. Too many contradictions with the games they originated from.

EDIT: I like the Exiles comparison better.

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    'Swhat I thought. Ok. Cause he takes on that Riku/Sora trump pretty well.

Not that he wouldn't be able to do that anyway, but some of the stuff he was doing was not normal Sephiroth, is what I mean.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    on the same line of thought, Link gets no credit for his pwning guest appearance in Soul Caliber.

In case you were wondering.

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    About Link, I'm trying to decide which incarnation is the best. Tough choice for whoever picks him.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think it depends on if you are going to prep him or not which incarnation is best.

10. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    This thing making any progress or what?

11. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Slowly and steadily. You have a relatively high pick, right? You should PM your top three choices and stuff.

12. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Hmmm. I suppose I could do that. Although I have no idea in hell who I'm going to choose (Okay, a realllllly vague idea).

13. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Just out of curiosity, I was reading the first edition of the Video Game Draft, and there were all those special characters, like Neo, Gandalf, Bonjd, Malak, and then some other guys (Ares) that aren't in this draft. Any reason, or are they just too powerful?

14. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Ares was deemed WAY too freaking powerful. The others were movie/literary characters before they were videogame characters and we tried to steer as far away from those types of characters as possible. The only reason Star Wars snuck in was because...well...the board.

EDIT: And Bond is still on the list. Didn't look for Malak and have no idea why he isn't on the list.

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Malak's not there because he's in the Jedi Draft. Same with Yoda. This new one is concentrating on VG characters pretty much exclusively, hence Gandalf/Neo/Aragorn etc not being here.

Dunno why Bond made it on (I hadn't noticed).

16. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Oh, I just figured Malak would be the one Force User to sneak in due to his videogame origins.

17. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Well, then you'd have to have Revan as well. And perhaps some other Jedi from those games like Kreia or Bastila. I like it better this way.

18. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Malak? I'd say Kyle Katarn is a far bigger Star Wars videogame icon. He's pretty much the Star Wars videogame icon. And that's pretty much the reason that he's the only Jedi or Sith on the list.

As for Bond: *shrugs* Dunno how he got left on, but whatever. I doubt he'll get picked. At least, I wouldn't consider it a real smart move. Unless we're talking a really, really late pick, I suppose. Meh.

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    MI6's gadgets are far inferior to almost any video game tech, IMO.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, those of you with picks coming up ... PMing picks to me is a really good idea. :)

I have gotten zero PMed picks so far. It does wonders to help the draft move at a quicker pace.

21. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    And we can only choose from the list? Dang. There are a ton of characters from a bunch of different games that would be great for this...many of which aren't on the list.

22. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    we are about 9 hrs away from our first bump [face_devil]

23. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Obviously. There are thousands upon thousands of video games. But we have to cut it off somewhere. The list has been limited to characters that are somewhat well known and powerful without being ridiculous. For example, having the WoW bosses would be unbalancing, considering the immense efforts required to beat them.

If you've got any major problems, there's always next time...the draft list is not static.

24. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    What Marcus said. Although, just out of curiosty, I'd like to see a few examples of who you have in mind.

And you know, I'm starting to believe that Maxle is under the impression that one of the rules of this particular draft is that, after you sign up, you're required to dissappear until you get a first round bump. He did the same thing last time as well.

:p

25. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    So when is Axle's time up anyway. A few hours from now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.