The Video Game Draft Version 4.0: IT CAN STOP TIME! (Goooooooo Matches) - Winner: BaSSiL

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Shadow_of_Durron, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If I feel like fixing the numbers, then I will. You dig?

Atari 2600 Conference

Manson's Real Reality (3) vs. Richard Kopelle and His Therapy Buddys (2)

ColecoVision Conference

Dante! and Friends (2) vs. The Fall of Man (3)

Atari 2600 Conference

Margulis (Xenosaga) *forfeit* vs. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

ColecoVision Conference

Dante (Devil May Cry) vs. Gandrayda (Metroid) *prepared*

Dante. While he eats pizza.
  2. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
  3. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Muahahaha. Revenge. Most excellent.

And I'm debating it EF. Really debating it.
  4. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    While he eats a pizza topped with smaller pizzas.
    [image=http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Pizza-Hut.jpg]
  5. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    I figured. But he asked, so I also figured I'd send it.
  6. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Atari 2600 Conference

Manson's Real Reality (3) vs. Richard Kopelle and His Therapy Buddys (3)

ColecoVision Conference

Dante! and Friends (3) vs. The Fall of Man (3)

Atari 2600 Conference

T-elos (Xenosaga) vs. Wu the Lotus Blossom (Jade Empire)

ColecoVision Conference

Link (LoZ: OoT/MM) *prepared* vs. Saix (Kingdom Hearts)

Yuck, gotta think on that second one.
  7. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Holy sweet mother of god.
  8. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    No time for a full argument, but Link is going to be severely tested in terms of durability here. I don't think he has the raw power to end it quickly here, and I also don't think he has quite enough endurance, even with the prep, to last a long, long fight. Stick and move, stick and move ... and it should be good for the win.
  9. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    Durability? How many bottled fairies is Link allowed to bring?

Links got quite a bag of tricks, and an even bigger list of feats. He's taken down plenty of big bad bosses in the past, and I fail to see how Saix is that much better than the guys Link has taken down in the past.
  10. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I fail to see how Saix is that much better than the guys Link has taken down in the past.

Except that he really, really is. He's much faster, more powerful and more skilled than anyone or anything Link was ever tested against. Especially when/if he gets low on health and really starts cutting loose. Ganon is a complete and total stain in comparison to Saix.
  11. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, what a bunch of poo draws. This stinks. Who do I have left, Galcian, Nobunaga, forfeit, and prepped Alexia I believe. And I think he still has Samus. Wow, what a load. Ah well, I gave it my gosh darned hardest.
  12. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Even with the Mos pulling in a forfeit?
  13. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, but Shadow pulled the forfeit too. And he's > teh MOS.

That was okay, but either way whoever the trump hit it would've been busted. Whereas Shadow would've had a great chance of busting that Zack/DoD trump.
  14. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    It's been a while since I played OoT and I've not yet played MM (it's on the list and I own a copy, don't yell at me BaSSiL), but I think I remember him having a maximum of four bottles. That means a maximum of four fairies. Unless, of course, he wants to have any refills to replenish his magic.

Yeah. Link's not seen the speed of Saix, among other things. And Saix has seen (don't ... want ... to ... type ... this ... urgh ...) better than Link.
  15. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    Looking back, my numbers haven't actually been too bad at all. I had the score all mixed up in my head for whatever reason, and thought Bart was way ahead. Turns out that ain't the case at all.

This round looks like it'll have a pretty tight finish. I believe the remaining fighters are Galcian/Nobunaga/Prepared Alexia for me and Samus/Roxas/Serge for Bart. As long as Galcian doesn't hit Samus, I should be good. However, should that happen, the remaining two matches will be very close. In my mind anyways.
  16. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    Telos.

And, really, I hate to do this, but Link's in a bit of a spot here, isn't he? Bringing fairies is nice, but Sora brought a mage, plus his own healing magic, and Saix is still a beast. On the other hand, as Fierce Deity, Link is able to put away any boss he fights in a matter of seconds. But those enemies don't really measure up to Sora, or anyone in XIII. Maybe against a lesser member Link can do some damage, and he's really bringing some fun stuff to make the battle longer, but I really don't think he's going to end Saix. Really, I just don't think Link has the speed to evade a lot of Saix's attacks, which is really the only way Sora beat him. They have a pretty good area of damage, and I doubt Link can get out of the way. And once his magic's gone, he's really out of it(and it doesn't last nearly as long as he needs it to).

Saix
  17. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I was gonna go with, alomst word-for-word.

Atari 2600 Conference

Manson's Real Reality (4) vs. Richard Kopelle and His Therapy Buddys (3)

ColecoVision Conference

Dante! and Friends (3) vs. The Fall of Man (4)

8 now.

Atari 2600 Conference

Alexia Ashford (Resident Evil) *prepared* vs. Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)

ColecoVision Conference

Crowley (Suikoden) vs. Onaga (Mortal Kombat) TRUMPED with Zeal (Chrono Trigger)

Seems simple enough.

While it may be a cute little fight, Alexia is really nothing that Roxas can't handle. Far too fast and skilled. Roxas wins.

And yeah. Combine Onaga's immense magical resistance with Zeal's ability to, definitely not beat, but at least hang with Crowley magic-wise, and this one is clear enough. He'd beat her eventually, but Zeal gives him enough to think about that Onaga coming up and battling him in close combat will, without a doubt, be the end of him. Trump wins.
  18. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
  19. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
  20. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    I have no idea why I didn't think of that trump earlier.
  21. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Whoops, didn't even notice the agreement here earlier. My bust, homies.

Atari 2600 Conference

Manson's Real Reality (4) vs. Richard Kopelle and His Therapy Buddys (4)

ColecoVision Conference

Dante! and Friends (3) vs. The Fall of Man (5)

1 shall be our almost-last number called.

Atari 2600 Conference

Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs. Samus Aran (Metroid)

ColecoVision Conference

A Realian and Her Bodygaurds (Xenosaga) vs. Zeal (Chrono Trigger) *forfeit*

Definitely leaning towards Samus in a close one, and unless I'm mistaken, Zizzles made a comment earlier than made it sound like he'd agree with that. Still, I'll wait until tomorrow to make it official on my end. Just in case.
  22. Zizz Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_plain]

Which leaves Nobunaga against Serge in a hell of a fight to finish things off. But yeah, I didn't think Galcian had much of a chance in this one. Mind you, I don't know nearly enough about these two characters to be able to form a knowledgeable opinion, so my word means, like, nothing at all. Even if I am right. Although I hope I'm not.
  23. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    I am going to go ahead and vote for Samus. I am impressed with Galcian's attack power and his defense, but his maneuverability is a bit of a question to me, and he'll certainly need it against her. And she's really tough, so I think that, even if he were to hit her with much, it would not do a whole lot. That's what I think, anyway.
  24. Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wow... what in the hell? I come in here to see if there's any talk on the last two matches and I'll be damned... I never posted them. I was certain, certain that I'd voted for Samus and moved us on. Did I seriously dream that or something? Man, that's pretty disturbing if I did. This crap is invading my dreams. Yikes.

*sigh* Anyways, yeah, Samus.

Atari 2600 Conference

Manson's Real Reality (4) vs. Richard Kopelle and His Therapy Buddys (5)

ColecoVision Conference

Dante! and Friends (4) vs. The Fall of Man (5)

And 9 decides it.

Atari 2600 Conference

Nobunaga Oda (Onimusha) vs. Serge (Chrono Cross)

ColecoVision Conference

Emperor Barbarossa (Suikoden) vs. Magus' Goons (Chrono Trigger) *prepared*

25. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    I'm not 100% familiar with Barbarossa, but I am familiar with Magus' Goons. And while they are goofy, they are also pretty powerful with teh magic, and decently skilled with the sword, certain members of the team being better with a certain skill than the other. Their end forms are quite a bit to deal with, and Chrono never actually defeats the final form of Ozzie, he just uses a trick trap door. There will be no such trap doors here.

In addition, Ozzie shows power in the game to effortlessly raise the dead and create minions and super monsters that obey his every command. Is there anything really against the rule of him going to the cemetery (or battle lines) and getting some mindless troops to wear down Barbarossa? I can't see Barbarossa having enough endurance to fight through a small army of the undead and have enough left to take out all three magicians.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.