main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Village Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by NYIjPage71, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYIjPage71

NYIjPage71 Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    I saw the movie The Village the other day on Starz and I thought the music definitely stood out and captured the movie very well. I then got the soundtrack and I'm absolutely blown away. This soundtrack evokes such a wide range of emotions. I was never very familiar with the work of James Newton Howard, but he did a fantastic job.

The soundtrack features a young violinist named Hilary Hahn and she's absolutely brilliant. The tone, power, and feel she projects with her violin brings tears to my eyes. I'll certainly be looking into more of her work.

I highly recommend this album to anyone who's into John Williams and his Star Wars soundtracks, or just for anyone with a love for film scores or just classical music in general.

2. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    It is an amazing score. You should definitely look into more of JNH's scores. Waterworld, Dinosaur, and Unbreakable off the top of my head.

3. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    JNH is one of my faves and his score for The Village is the best thing about that film.

4. rogrdashrubber

rogrdashrubber Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    Without a doubt, an excellent soundtrack. It definitely captures the emotion of the movie. Tracks 4 and 11, "Those we don't speak of", and "The vote", respectively, are probably my 2 favorite tracks. Track 8, "The Gravel Road" is also brilliant. Many people talked negatively of this film, and thought it was crappy, but I beg to differ. I thought the movie was fantastic, and James Newton Howard's musical contributions complete the package

5. NYIjPage71

NYIjPage71 Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    I must admit that I wasn't crazy about this film when I first saw it. It wasn't until I realized John Newton Howard's score that the film had a whole new depth and meaning for me. Watching the movie and paying close attention to the music during the scenes is really satisfying.

6. EwohEkim

EwohEkim Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    Another good James Newton Howard score is 'Snow Falling on Cedars.'

Both SNFC and The Village are films that were somewhat underwhelming to the public, and their scores were some great music there.

7. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    by the way the king kong album he composed is pretty good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.