main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Vintage Collection?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by daveeek, Jul 18, 2011.

1. daveeek

daveeek Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how many single figures Hasbro intend to release in this collection or when will it end?
    As far as i can make out there are currently 55 Figures(?), checklist then jumps to 63 and has another possible 7 on the list, the last one being Darth Maul.

Any info on this would be much appriciated.

Thanks

2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Guess no one really knows? They are still on shelves though. I like the back cards being original. Hope they stay on a little longer. Be nice if they would go on clearance.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw some of these locally but no one that I wanted. I've been seeing quite a few of the TPM figures on the Maul card though.

4. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Yep, just started seeing those pop us as well. No one I really wanted either. Stormy's look different, but that was about all.

5. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Our Walmart just restocked with The Phantom Menace vintage figures.

The Amidala look cool, maybe costumers will get a kick out of them. The Podracers and their droids are cute, not something I was looking to buy though. I could see those having fans.

Otherwise QuiGon and ObiWan are done so much I didn't get excited seeing them Vintage.

I like that they are introducing characters that have never been made before.

6. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Ya I liked the Amidala in Queen gear. Funny, went into Wal Mart this morning and the managers were standing next the
    Star Wars figures trying to scan them and saying it was too early for them to be out they thought. they said they should
    be out Jan. 31st? I grabbed two Savage Opress's and hid a couple others since the price was too high $8.76!

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Almost nine bucks?! Goodness, at some point Hasbro should draw the line. They should go back to the vintage pricing to go along with the vintage toy styling. :p

Last time I browsed the toy aisles, just saw some AotC vintage styles. Later this week, I'll be browsing my local Wal-mart, so I'll see what they have to offer.

8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    @Trajnar Ok let me know what you find. Ya, the prices were high for the TPM 3D line of toys too, but I think they weren't entered in the system yet, so I held off.

I've been looking for Wedge Vintage because he is hard to find and worth something. Anyone else im missing?

9. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Grabbed TPM Quinlan Vos because he's amongst my favourite Jedi from the Starwars: Republic Darkhorse comic book line, espionage all the way! :)
    Also grabbed myself a Darth Maul from TVC, paid alittle more than I'd like (nearly 20$ after taxes, comic book stores across town sell starwars for almost the same price as McFarlane's Halo line, or various NECA lines...

A week later I purchased a "lost packaging line" Sandtrooper, and a 2010 TVC Sandtrooper sporting a stylish white shoulder pauldron, and a light repeating blaster rifle, and a heavy blaster rifle.

10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Anything new in this line? Or they just going to be faded out? I really liked them especially when they have started to go on clearance. Most I liked was the never before released figures/Expanded Universe, and hard to find clones.

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Last I heard Hasbro still plans to continue to release a selection of them (The more popular and hard to find ones) through mid year, when the line will be completely phased out. The TVC has been going pretty steady for about 2-3 years now, where as before they tended to come out in small bursts of 3 small (4 figures each) waves per year; VOTC, TVSC, etc.

My guess is Hasbro is going to let the "Vintage" gimmick rest for a bit before re-introducing it, though honestly they're starting to run out of core characters to get the "Vintage" treatment.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I keep hoping I'll stumble upon a Starkiller figure, would like to have one for Sam Witwer to sign at Phoenix Comic Con this May...but I know that'll never happen....(and yes, I know nothing about the different figure lines, I don't know if he's Vintage or the other one.) I have no desire to spend $20+ after market for it.

I do like that Padmes usually end up as sort-of peg warmers, it means I can usually actually get those. I picked up Quadronaro not long ago - he's cute :D

Still waiting on Hasbro to do several of the Padme's from AOTC and nearly all of her costumes from ROTS - there's only been, what 2 figures of her done from that film?

J_Girl likes this.
  13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I was sooooo hoping to find a Starkiller on the pegs (I'm a big fan of the Force Unleashed books) but no luck :( .

Padme has as many costumes as she has scenes in AOTC :p, so no doubt there are lots left to do. Have they done ones of her sleeping gown, after dinner dress (The one w/the extremely uncomfortable looking corset) and the dress she's wearing when she goes to comfort Anakin after he returns from finding his Mother? I'd also pick up a new wedding dress Padme if they haven't updated the original release already.

The only ROTS Padme I recall off the top of my head is the Mustafar version.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  14. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    [quote="PadmeLeiaJaina, post: 50578115, member: 686933"

I do like that Padmes usually end up as sort-of peg warmers, it means I can usually actually get those. I picked up Quadronaro not long ago - he's cute :D

[/quote]

I have a weird affinity for Quadronaro myself! He is cute somehow, isn't he? [face_batting]

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    AOTC Padmes that have been made so far: Arena (2 w/ a 3rd on the way,) Naboo Pilot disguise, Peasant Travel Disguise, Fireplace/dinner gown, Tatooine Arrival (blue mid-rift,) and wedding.
    Left: Blue Anakin Reunion gown, nightgown, packing buns blue dress, rainbow first kiss gown, meadow dress (my favorite & iconic, not sure why it hasn't been done yet,) balcony nightgown/robe, Anakin confession blue coverup.
    ROTS: Mustafar pantsuit, blue nightgown #1 (I think the white nightgown they included is considered for twins birth w/ that set too) that came in a Padme evolutions pack.
    I don't particularly need to go into how many pregnant Padme figures are left but I think there's at least 6-8 different gowns that still need to be covered - I'm particularly waiting for the "I'm Pregnant" buns cape outfit and her green ruminations gown.

Yeah he's hilarious - I snatched him up because he's my favorite alien podracer other than Sebulba :)

Darth Venator and J_Girl like this.
  16. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    PadmeLeiaJaina Exactly! Mine too! :D Whenever I played the big arcade podracing videogame, I always chose his podracer - except I won. A little vengeance for Quadronaro!

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I can understand why. It's my favorite of any character costume from the entire PT. I love that with the cape on it looks like a total diplomat's outfit, but with the cape off it's action gear. And it's neat that the white evokes Leia and the outfit itself, especially the boots, put me in mind of Luke's Bespin fatigues.

18. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I like that tight white one from AOTC for many reasons :) They cut out the scenes with her hood

19. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    TVC collection ended in single card in 2012 but it might return later Hasbro said.
    And they released 115 single card figures in TVC.
    Here's the complete list :
    Wave 1 - The Empire Strikes Back
    __ VC01: Dengar
    __ VC02: Leia (Hoth Outfit)
    __ VC03: Han Solo (Echo Base Outfit)
    __ VC04: Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
    __ VC05: AT-AT Commander
    __ VC06: See-Threepio (C-3PO)
    __ VC07: Dak Ralter
    __ VC08: Darth Vader
    __ VC09: Boba Fett
    __ VC09: Boba Fett ("Revenge of the Jedi")
    __ VC10: 4-LOM (Greatest Hits)
    __ VC11: (Twin-Pod) Cloud Car Pilot

Wave 2 - Revenge of the Sith
    __ VC12: Darth Sidious
    __ VC13: Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
    __ VC14: Sandtrooper (Greatest Hits)
    __ VC15: Clone Trooper
    __ VC16: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Greatest Hits)
    __ VC17: General Grievous
    __ VC18: MagnaGuard
    __ VC19: Clone Commander Cody (Greatest Hits)
    __ VC20: Yoda

Wave 3 - Return of the Jedi
    __ VC21: Gamorrean Guard
    __ VC22: Admiral Ackbar
    __ VC23: Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit / Endor Captive)
    __ VC24: Wooof (Klaatu)
    __ VC25: R2-D2 (with Pop-Up Lightsaber)
    __ VC26: Rebel Commando
    __ VC26: Rebel Commando (Version II)
    __ VC27: Wicket
    __ VC28: Wedge Antilles

Wave 4 - Attack of the Clones
    __ VC29: Kit Fisto
    __ VC30: Zam Wesell
    __ VC31: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    __ VC32: Anakin Skywalker (Peasant Disguise)
    __ VC33: Padmé Amidala (Peasant Disguise)
    __ VC34: Jango Fett
    __ VC35: Mace Windu
    __ VC36: Senate Guard
    __ VC37: Super Battle Droid

Wave 5 - Mixed Waves Begin
    __ VC38: Clone Trooper (212th Battalion)
    __ VC39: Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape)
    __ VC40: R5-D4
    __ VC41: Stormtrooper
    __ VC42: Han Solo (Yavin Ceremony)
    __ VC43: Commander Gree (Greatest Hits)

Wave 6
    __ VC44: Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing)
    __ VC45: Clone Trooper (Phase I)
    __ VC46: AT-RT Driver
    __ VC47: General Lando Calrissian
    __ VC48: Weequay (Skiff Master)
    __ VC49: Fi-Ek Sirch (Jedi Knight)

Wave 7
    __ VC50: Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
    __ VC51: Barriss Offee (Jedi Padawan)
    __ VC52: Rebel Fleet Trooper
    __ VC53: Bom Vimdin (Cantina Patron)
    __ VC54: ARC Trooper Commander (Captain Fordo)
    __ VC55: Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)

Wave 15 - Delayed until 2012
    __ VC56: Kithaba (Skiff Guard)
    __ VC57: Dr. Cornelius Evazan
    __ VC58: Aayla Secura
    __ VC59: Nom Anor
    __ VC60: Clone Trooper (501st Legion)

Wave 8: includes "Revenge of the Jedi" Chase Figures
    __ VC61: Prototype Armour Boba Fett (2011 Mailaway)
    __ VC62: Han Solo (In Trench Coat)
    __ VC63: B-Wing Pilot (Keyan Farlander)
    __ VC64: Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
    __ VC65: TIE Fighter Pilot
    __ VC66: Salacious Crumb (SDCC 2011 exclusive)
    __ VC67: Mouse Droid (SDCC 2011 exclusive)

Wave 9
    __ VC68: Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear)
    __ VC69: Bastila Shan
    __ VC70: Ponda Baba (Walrus Man)

Wave 14 - The Phantom Menace (carry-forwards from "Discover the Force" released in November 2012)
    __ VC71: Mawhonic
    __ VC72: Naboo Pilot
    __ VC73: Aurra Sing
    __ VC74: Gungan Warrior

Wave 10 - The Phantom Menace (New cardback debuts)
    __ VC75: Qui-Gon Jinn
    __ VC76: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Padawan)
    __ VC77: Ratts Tyerell & Pit Droid
    __ VC78: Battle Droid
    __ VC79: Darth Sidious
    __ VC80: Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Padawan)
    __ VC81: Ben Quadinaros & Pit Droid
    __ VC82: Daultay Dofine
    __ VC83: Naboo Royal Guard
    __ VC84: Queen Amidala (Post-Senate)
    __ VC85: Quinlan Vos (Mos Espa)
    __ VC86: Darth Maul

Wave 11 - Return of the Jedi (Deleted Scenes)
    __ VC87: Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber Construction)
    __ VC88: Princess Leia (Sandstorm Outfit)
    __ VC89: Lando Calrissian (Sandstorm Outfit)
    __ VC90: Colonel Cracken (Millennium Falcon Crew)
    __ VC91: Rebel Pilot (Mon Calamari)

Wave 12 - New mixed waves resume
    __ VC92: Anakin Skywalker (The Clone Wars)
    __ VC93: Darth Vader (A New Hope)
    __ VC94: Imperial Navy Commander
    __ VC95: Luke Skywalker (Hoth Outfit)
    __ VC96: Darth Malgus (The Old Republic)

Wave 13
    __ VC97: Clone Pilot Davijaan (Oddball)
    __ VC98: Grand Moff Tarkin
    __ VC99: Nikto (Vintage)
    __ VC100: Galen Marek (The Force Unleashed II)
    __ VC101: Shae Vizsla

Wave 16
    __ VC102: Ahsoka Tano (The Clone Wars)
    __ VC103: Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)
    __ VC104: Lumat
    __ VC105: Emperor's Royal Guard
    __ VC106: Nien Nunb
    __ VC107: Weequay (Hunter)

Wave 17: includes "Carbon Freeze Chamber" Chase Figures
    __ VC108: Jar Jar Binks
    __ VC108: Jar Jar Binks [Lost Line]
    __ VC109: Clone Trooper Lieutenant
    __ VC109: Clone Trooper Lieutenant [Lost Line]
    __ VC110: Shock Trooper
    __ VC110: Shock Trooper [Lost Line]
    __ VC111: Leia Organa (Bespin)
    __ VC111: Leia Organa (Bespin) [Lost Line]
    __ VC112: Sandtrooper (with Patrol Droid)
    __ VC112: Sandtrooper (with Patrol Droid) [Lost Line]

Wave 18
    __ VC113: Republic Trooper
    __ VC114: Orrimarko
    __ VC115: Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
    __ VC115: Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath) [Lost Line]

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  20. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up AOTC Royal guard & Naboo soldier for $5
    At Toys R Us. Almost picked up AT ST at K
    Mart

Darth Venator likes this.
  21. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    5$ wow ! It was a great price !

22. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Thanks! Yes, just happen to walk in on TRUs sale. Couldn't resist. Put Death Star Commander back. Can't beat that price. Takes me back to the good 'Ol days when $5 is a good deal and used to seeing more of.

23. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    PadmeLeiaJaina Can't thank you enough for posting some of the Padme variants (I've seen so many lists before with figures overlooked!).

Anyone who has seen my regular posts will likely be aware that I mainly collect Palpatines, but I've always loved the costume design for Padme, and when I fancy a break from grabbing all the Emperors in sight - I plan to start shelling out on a few of the good lady! (much more variety than 'black robes Sidious' and 'Slightly darker robes Sidious' ;))

Any recommendations at all? Best likenesses/sculpts?

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've only got one Palpatine - it was the one from the AOTC figures with him in his robes as Chancellor. I liked the figure when I saw it.

Darth Venator likes this.
  25. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I have a few Palps. One from '83, the first one ever made. One from TPM just bought within last year, for some reason didn't pick one up when TPM came out. I got the one LAJ has from AOTC, real nice figure, and I bought his unique ROTS Figure with a blue saber when it came out. Turns out it is considered a variant with a blue instead of red saber, but i didn't see much of a value on ebay for it. I like how his face changes on the figure. Haven't taken it out of the package so maybe I will today :)
    We all know he caused his deformation right Darth Venator? I know..another discussion for another time.