Beyond ~The Vision~ Rogue And Goddess: K/J In Fanfiction St. Patrick's Day Challenge.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: ~The Vision~
    Author: GoddessJainaSoloFel
    Summary: Nearly 16 year old Jaina dreams about her wedding, only to find out that it may be more than a dream.
    Characters: Kyp, Jaina, Jacen, Tenel Ka, Jag, Tahiri, Han, Leia.
    Author's note: Any Characters and other Star Wars related material belong to George Lucas and not me. I'm just playing with his toys. This is in response to the Rogue And Goddess: K/J In Fanfiction St. Patrick's Day Challenge. The following is the list of criteria...

Has to include:

- a Wedding with someone (bride or groom) wearing green
    - something new (can't be Jaina)
    - something old (can't be Kyp)
    - A shamrock
    - the line; "Only mynocks look that green in the spring."

I've no clue how that could turn out... I was thinking there also had to be green ale, but I think I'll leave that up to you lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Vision~

?Jaya are you ready yet?? Jacen asked, standing in the doorway to his sister?s room. He was excited because this would probably be the last family vacation either he or Jaina would be able to go on for some time to come. Jaina had agreed to be apprenticed to Mara Jade Skywalker, their aunt, and Jacen had agreed to be apprenticed to their uncle Luke. Their mother and father had planned the vacation to take advantage of their time together and to celebrate the twins? sixteenth lifeday.

?Yeah, Jasa, I?m just putting some spare cables uncle Luke gave me away. If I get a chance, I?m planning to work on rewiring some of the Rock Dragon?s electronic components on the control panel when we get back from vacation and I thought these would come in handy.? Jaina glanced up and saw her brother standing in the doorway leaning on the doorframe. He was wearing his Jedi Academy jumpsuit and had a large duffel bag slung over one shoulder. As expected, his face flushed pink at the mention of their friend Tenel Ka?s ship. Jaina took pleasure in observing her brother?s reaction to the mention of anything related to their Hapan friend.

Pushing off from the doorframe, Jacen ignored the reference to Tenel Ka and continued to rush his sister instead. ?Well hurry up! Mom and dad are already here! They just went to have a quick word with uncle Luke, and then they want to get going. They sent me to get you.? Jacen made his way into her room and dropped his bag at the foot of her sleep pallet before plunking himself down next to Jaina?s open bag.

Jaina crossed the room from where her storage trunk was back to the case she had been neglecting and bent over to fasten the ties. She wore the same Jedi Academy jumpsuit as her brother and as she stood back from closing her bag, she swept her long dark hair over her shoulder out of her face.

?Where?s Anakin? You should be more worried about him being on time than me. Tahiri?s likely chatting his ear off right now.? Jaina smiled. Tahiri was a little younger than Anakin and had come to the Academy about the same time as he had to start his training. Jaina thought they were an unlikely pair but they had become good friends and had proven to be nearly inseparable.

Jacen nodded his agreement. ?Anakin was heading over to say goodbye to her when mom and dad asked me to come and get you.?

Picking up her bag and carrying it over to the doorway, Jaina looked back over her shoulder smiling. ?So what are we waiting for?? Then she thought about something and added, ?Who have you talked into looking after your menagerie while we?re gone? How many creatures do you have now anyway??

Jacen followed Jaina to the door, his bag in tow. ?Ah, twenty seven. Actually, I had a few volunteers but in the end I figured Lusa and Raynar know them the best so I thought they were the best choice. Oh, I just remembered I wanted to check the lock on the crystal snake?s cage. Jaya, here, take my bag to the Falcon. Tell mom and dad I?ll be there in a minute.? Jacen turned and bolted from her room a
  2. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Although I'm not a big J/K fan, I really liked it. I know that Jedi have Force dreams/visions but to actually feel like you were living it is what made it great.
  3. Marianne_Solav Jedi Master

star 2
    It's amazing! I loved it!

Jacen laughed. ?I?ll do it, dad. To answer your previous question, Jaina, you?ve got us all decked out here so that you can proclaim your undying love for Jedi Master Kyp Durron and run off and have lots of little Jedi offspring of your own some day. So without further ado, let?s raise our glasses to my sister, the future Mrs. Durron.?

Jaina felt her knees buckle and anticipated the thump she should have felt, falling on the ground but it never came. Somehow Tenel Ka and Tahiri caught her and held her up while Jacen ran off to get a chair. Once she was seated Jacen came around and looked her in the face. ?Jaya, you look ill. Maybe it?s just the dress but Force Jaina, I thought only mynocks look that green in the spring!?

[face_laugh] I loved her reaction! So funny!

4. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, I loved how you made Jaina have a vision and that she could feel everythign she will feel then. Also loved thef act that Kyp wakes her up from the vision to give her the charm bracelet.

Great vignette GJSF!
  5. Barefoot_XO Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay,

I'll admit that I'm biased in favour of your story.

After all. K/J, Jg/T and Jc/TK are my favourite pairings these days.

Nevertheless, I have to emphasize how much I loved this.

Best part was when Jaina sees Tahiri with Jag and is trying to figure out what the heck happened to Anakin.

Great stuff...

I told you you were good...

Barefoot, Over and Out
  6. NenYim Jedi Knight

star 3
    That was cute. It was interesting when Jaina has no clue what was happening, and didn't know who Jag was, where Anakin went, who she was marrying, and still ended up liking Kyp anyway. :)
  7. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    *laughs* That was -awesome-! I loved it, so much better than mine, I think *grins*

I love how you tied everything together with the charm bracelet and the NJO *grin* very, very cool... and the explanation about the color green for the wedding was great too!

all in all, this was *sighs* so wonderful!
  8. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Lola64 Although I'm not a big J/K fan, I really liked it. Well thanks for reading!!! :)

I know that Jedi have Force dreams/visions but to actually feel like you were living it is what made it great. [face_blush] Thanks!

Marianne_Solav It's amazing! I loved it! Thanks!!! I had a lot of fun writing this :D

Jacen laughed. ?I?ll do it, dad. To answer your previous question, Jaina, you?ve got us all decked out here so that you can proclaim your undying love for Jedi Master Kyp Durron and run off and have lots of little Jedi offspring of your own some day. So without further ado, let?s raise our glasses to my sister, the future Mrs. Durron.?

Jaina felt her knees buckle and anticipated the thump she should have felt, falling on the ground but it never came. Somehow Tenel Ka and Tahiri caught her and held her up while Jacen ran off to get a chair. Once she was seated Jacen came around and looked her in the face. ?Jaya, you look ill. Maybe it?s just the dress but Force Jaina, I thought only mynocks look that green in the spring!?

I loved her reaction! So funny! I had a really hard time trying to fit the "mynock" line into the fic but it ended up being kind of funny and I liked that Jaina couldn't come up with a response to it! :)

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Wow, I loved how you made Jaina have a vision and that she could feel everythign she will feel then. I wanted to show how a 15, almost 16 year old Jaina might react to being in the body of a 26 year old Jaina and what the older Jaina was doing. I found it fun! :)

Also loved thef act that Kyp wakes her up from the vision to give her the charm bracelet. I thought this was a cool way to tie the two periods together and it was crucial to indicate to her that the dream might have been more than just a dream! :)

Great vignette GJSF! Thanks! I'm happy you liked it! :)

Barefoot_XO I'll admit that I'm biased in favour of your story. After all. K/J, Jg/T and Jc/TK are my favourite pairings these days. I'm glad I caught your attention! :)

Nevertheless, I have to emphasize how much I loved this. [face_blush] Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

Best part was when Jaina sees Tahiri with Jag and is trying to figure out what the heck happened to Anakin. I wanted Jaina to notice people or things missing or different but for her not be able to know everything that had happened in the ten year gap. Some things she'd just have to wait to find out in time!

Great stuff... I told you you were good... You realize if you keep going on like that, my head will swell to gigantic proportions ;) Just kidding! ;)Thanks!!!

NenYim That was cute. Thanks!

It was interesting when Jaina has no clue what was happening, and didn't know who Jag was, where Anakin went, who she was marrying, and still ended up liking Kyp anyway. I wanted to show that some things are just meant to be! :) But I loved her reaction when she finds out who she's supposed to marry... about the last person in the galaxy she was expecting! Glad you liked it! Thanks for reading!! :)

Jade_Max *laughs* That was -awesome-! I loved it, so much better than mine, I think *grins* I really enjoyed reading yours!!! I found it very funny! But never the less, thank you!!! :D [face_blush]

I love how you tied everything together with the charm bracelet and the NJO *grin* very, very cool... and the explanation about the color green for the wedding was great too! It took me a few days at work, over break periods to really work it out the way it ended up. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out though! I'm happy you liked it so much!

all in all, this was *sighs* so wonderful! [face_blush] Thanks! And thanks for suggesting the challenge! It was a lot of fun to do!!! :D Oh, and thanks for the link in your story thread!!!! :D

~Goddess Jaina~

If you haven't read the other St. Patrick's Day Challenge Response, check it out [link=http://boards.th
  9. Dganin Jedi Padawan

I like it GJSF....

but as much as you write this stuff, maybe you should change your name to GJSDurron???

anyway, good use of all of the requirements, and I like the touch at the end with the charm bracelet.
  10. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Great job, Goddess.

Kyp's not my pick for Jaina, but you wrote such a great story ... I didn't mind Kyp getting the girl - this time!

I love your explanation for the green gown.

=D=

ojn
  11. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Dganin I like it GJSF.... Thanks!

but as much as you write this stuff, maybe you should change your name to GJSDurron??? As tempting as it is to have Durron as my name which I would love [face_love] I think I'll stick with Fel symply because it fits with my role as the Trickster Goddess! ;)

anyway, good use of all of the requirements, and I like the touch at the end with the charm bracelet. I really wanted something to tie the whole thing together and I thought that the bracelet did a fine job. I really wanted Jaina to realize that what she had experienced was more than just a dream!

oldjedinurse Great job, Goddess. Thank you! :)

Kyp's not my pick for Jaina, but you wrote such a great story ... I didn't mind Kyp getting the girl - this time! I can't imagine Kyp with anyone else but I could see Jaina with a few others, maybe ;)

I love your explanation for the green gown. I was hoping to come up with something believable and not too outragious. Glad you liked it!

~Goddess Jaina~
  12. RevaDurron Force Ghost

star 5
    I like this! It sounds really good. :)
  13. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    RevaDurron I like this! It sounds really good. I'm glad you liked it. This challenge response was really fun to write. It was my first time writing so many characters and I think it turned out ok and has helped my writing to mature a little. :)

~Goddess Jaina~
  14. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww! I can't believe I missed this. Glad I found it. Great stuff.

~~Jilly
  15. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    JainaDurron I'm glad you liked it. I'm bringing this back to the top so others have the chance to read it too! :)
  16. Zonoma Force Ghost

star 5
    Glad I found this... great stuff!!!

Zonoma
  17. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Zonoma Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading! :)
  18. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Well done, cute, sweet and romantic. Enjoyed reading it. :D
  19. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Adalia-Durron Well done, cute, sweet and romantic. Enjoyed reading it. :D I'm glad you enjoyed it ! :) Thanks for reading.
  20. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
  21. Flaming_Sword Jedi Knight

star 2
    How did I miss all of these??? Great job!

*Flame*
  22. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    odd, i could have sworn that i said something on this last year. *shrugs* really good stuff GJSF.
  23. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Flaming_Sword and Fireyforce: Thank you both for reading! I'm glad you both enjoyed it! :)
  24. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
  25. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    In honor of St Patrick's Day I'm unlocking and bumping this fic so those who haven't seen it before have a chance to now.

[face_good_luck] HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!! [face_good_luck]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.