main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Visual Dictionary...Is here...Sort of...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Samantha, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
  2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I know, there aren't pics of her costumes like in the Ep.1 visual dictionary. I really hope there will be when we see the whole book, otherwise, I'm going to be very sad.

3. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Those are the same scans I got. The original source's scans are now down, so I'd be willing to bet these will be soon as well. I have them saved on my computer, so if anyone is interested in a specific pic, just send me a PM.

4. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    *Jumps up and down with J_S* The couple of pics that we did see of Padme are pretty good though. I like the pic of her in the black corset piece :D [face_love] Now I just have to workout so I can look decent in it ;)

5. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    I agree with Obi-Dawn -- I'm gonna be deeply chagrined if there aren't more pics of Padme's wardrobe in the actual book...

-sg

6. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Obi-Dawn & Sg - I agree.. I'll be quite upset and very board this summer without those pictures! Cause then we have to wait until Ocotber/November for the DVD....

I hope there are more pictures then those...

KS - I saved them to my computer also... im setting up an additon website just for those pictures.. 1) I dont want the email of death from LFL and 2) They are HUGE HUGE files sizes! 10 pictures are about 4 MB!

AL - Im still jumping up and down! haha!

7. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    I'm still jumping up and down too J_S. I can't wait. Can you let me know when you get those pics up on your website? I'm trying to study for an exam and I don't want to get too distracted ;)

8. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    AL - You got it! Your...*gulp* Studying for a test? Studying? Whats studying? Do i know how to study? LoL!

Its taking forever to get the pics up.. they are so BIG!

9. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Unfortunately, I am studying(if I know what that is ;) ), but I can tell you where I'll be when I'm done with the test. I'm going to take a good look at those pics. Thanks again :)

10. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Well, there are over 60 pages in both of the other visual dictionaries, so I'm assuming this one should be the same. And we obviously haven't seen 60 scans from it ;o) so I'm guessing there are going to be plenty of other pictures of Padme's costumes in it. (praying for picnic dress pics!)

PS- I can't stand Stacy Kiebler.

11. Kelbee

Kelbee Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but does anyone know when the actual Visual Dictionary (in convenient book form) is being released? It's very frustrating trying to work from the few photos that have made their way to the 'net!

Also...does anyone know if there are any plans for a CD-ROM "Insider's Guide" like they did for Episode I? That was another excellent costume resource, with pictures of front back and side views for many of the costumes!

All good things,
    Kelly

12. Judy

Judy Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2002
    Augh!!! How dare they taunt us with this... Only usuable picture of Padme and it is the costume most widely pictured already, and probably the most simple... On a side note, where the heck did ya get them, anyway? Just curious

Augh!

Does anyone happen to know when the dictionary is actually coming out?? I haven't seen anything about it. Can someone possibly send the two costume pages for Zam to me, though??? Pretty please??? (at bamfdoll@yahoo.com

13. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    Blarharhar, Mrs. M!

I agree with you, that there will almost definitely be plenty of Padme pics -- I mean, how could there not be? Her wardrobe is a really large visual element of the film, since she's such a central character. I can't imagine that Lucasfilm wouldn't want to showcase all the hard work of the costume department.

-sg

14. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    How cool is Shaak Ti???? I would love to make that costume, but ti will be very difficult!

The Visual Dictionary comes out April 24th I believe.

15. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Rah ha! I have the visual dictionary pictures up on my website.. Links in my sig!

The Visual Dictionary comes out April 23rd - 2 weeks!

16. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    I think it's actually out on the 23rd, Mrs. M -- one less day to wait!

Shaak Ti IS totally cool...
    I'm also really liking the design on Jocasta Nu's tabards.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm gonna be useless for a couple of days after this book comes out. My boss might as well write me off for that week. :)

-sg

17. Kelbee

Kelbee Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    Really? It's out on the 23rd? Hmm...that's strange, because Amazon doesn't even have a listing for it!

Most puzzling...

Kelly

18. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    I am totally digging Zam's costume too! Purple is my fav color(half of my wardrobe is purple), and how cool are the stitches down the side of her costume? I may have to add her to my list too.

S-G Jacosta Nu does have very interesting Tabbords!

Hey, as far as Padme's pics, there is actually one useful thing about them: I don't think we've ever seen more detailed shots of her boots! Is it me or do they look kind of foam-ish? Not that she would wear foam boots, but I don't think they're leather!

19. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    What a great section on the Jedi!! WOOHOO!!! And, yes, that was all I looked at! I must be strong and remain spoiler-free! But I had to gander at the Jedi stuff. Those little kids are TOO CUTE!! [face_laugh] And... I don't think I'll be attempting Shaak Ti for myself anytime soon. **laugh** For as gorgeous as her robes are, that headpiece... whoa! Still, how nice to know that we can now do whatever the heck we want for Jedi Robes! YAY!!!

kreleia ^.^

20. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    Has anyone else noticed the vast number of references to and descriptions of Jedi fighting forms in the scans we've seen so far?
    It makes me wonder if there's not some sort of training manual planned for some point in the future.

but back to costumes...

This is making me want to design some all new Jedi Robes for myself. No! No! I don't have time for that in the schedule!
    Must... resist....

-sg

21. Argarathoo

Argarathoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    I thought that the book was coming out on April 23rd with the rest of the merchandise. I could be wrong though.

P.S. Awsome pics of the Jedi and Jango.

22. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    S_G careful, or you are going to sew all your costumes and have too many to wear! [face_clown]

23. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    Mrs. M, I ALREADY have that problem!

I mentioned to my husband that I was kinda wanting some new Jedi robes, and he pointed out that I rarely wear my current ones.

Voice of reason, you know. He reins me in when I get too many projects in my planner at once. :)

-sg

24. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    If there aren't more Padme pics than that, they should at least publish a prequel version of the SW Chronicles after Ep3 is finished. That way tons of prequel costuming pics could be available. (Yeah, I know, another 3 year wait) There was one picture in the link above that I couldn't figure out how it related to Star Wars.

25. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    LMAO at Count Dooku's menacing stare. A homage to his former role as Count Dracula perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.