main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Vong & The Vornskrs: NJO theory

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthjarjarbinks, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    I don't know if this notion has been raised before, I don't believe it has, though...

I was thinking last night as I drifted off to sleep listening to the HttE audio book (forgive me...) that maybe THIS is why the Vong are absent in the force.

The Vong have been in the galaxy for something like half a century, or whatever. What if, during that time, they came across the Vornskr's or some mention of what they could do. Then, they take some back to their galaxy, and the shapers isolate the force-negating gene from the Vornskrs and shape the entire next generation to share this characteristic.

Its just a thought. I don't believe it to be the case, myself, but its a reasonably logical explanation.

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I highly doubt that, the Vong are curiouse about the force, not afraid of it.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    If i'm not mistaken the senato Viqui Shesh told the Vong about the Yslammri and how they block the force, and ultimatly about the Vornskr. Thus the Vong made it their mission to shape the Vornskyr while in the GFFA.

I don't think the Voxyn is gone completly. I'm sure they can still clone it. It would be a huge oversight on the Vong case to keep all their tissue samples in one place where it was destroyed.

4. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hum... Last tim I read 'bout them, the Vornskrs didn't negate the Force... Ysalamiri ?

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Ignore the spelling Xizor, Vornskers use the force to hunt btw...

6. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    In Conquest, when Kardde is on the Yavin with the Peace Brigaders, he has his vorsnkys there and says that they hunt using the Force and thats how they would find the Jedi children. So Kardde let that slip, probably on accident, who knows. But it was Kardde who told the bad guys about the vornsyks ability.

7. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Karrde? No it wasn't. Viqi Shesh told the Vong about Myrkr's unique inhabitants.

The vornskr hunts with the Force.

The ysalamiri negates the Force.

8. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Yes. The Peace Brigaders that Karrde told that died soon after.

The reason the Vong are not seen in the Force is that they are only part of the living Force, of which Luke had no knowledge, and now the NJO has very little, if any, knowledge. So they have to access that part of the Force to see the Vong.

Which is why Anakin could sense them through the lambent, because it was a living thing, with direct access to the living Force, where the Vong could be found.

9. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    If, in fact, Viqi Shesh knew that, she appears to be a bit more ubiquitous than maybe she should be.

10. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Oh my god- I am SUCH a damned FOOL! I can't believe I put Vornskrs not Ysalmiri.

11. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    Ysalimiri create a bubble where the force doesn't exist, they can complement each other to make bubbles kilometers long, like on Mykyr. Vorsknors and voxyn's hunt via the force.

Viki S. did tell the Vong about the vorsknors, but i don't think they yet know about the ysalimiri. In Star by Star when the Jedi are on the ship, the Vong are feeding the ysalimiri to the voxyn's but they don't seem to be using it on the Jedi. I even think they don't know why th voxyn's love the ysalimiri so much.

When Karrde used his Vorsknors to hunt the JEdichildren, he doublr crossed the Vong and killed everyone that was in the hunting team, probabaly killing all that now about the special hunting capabilities of the vorknors.

12. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    The reason the Vong are not seen in the Force is that they are only part of the living Force, of which Luke had no knowledge, and now the NJO has very little, if any, knowledge. So they have to access that part of the Force to see the Vong.

Which is why Anakin could sense them through the lambent, because it was a living thing, with direct access to the living Force, where the Vong could be found.

???

Where did that come from? A theory, I assume, and not fact, unless I missed something huge somewhere.

13. BobaFetts_Clone

May 12, 2001
    A theory. It was on a post a while back becasue i remember reading it.

Though, we BOTH could have missed it in some published thing, but i doubt that.

14. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    The vornskr's aren't exactly secret knowledge in the GFFA. Plus, Shesh was near the top of the NR government, so she would have to be a pretty wisened women, despite her faults.

15. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Luke has no knowledge of the Living Force as it was presented in episode 1.

That much is fact.

It isn't hard to decide from there that since the Vong are so enthralled from life and bio-tech that they are only part of the Living Force, not the part of the Force that Luke and the NJO know. We find that Anakin can sense the Vong, first through the lambent, then right before his death, he can sense them completely. Looking through the lambent opened Anakin to the Living Force, which he then could use until he died. It is completely possible and believable that Anakin found access to a part of the Force that the rest of the NJO galaxy can not.

It will take both Vergere and the return of Anakin to make the NJO see the Living Force.

16. BobaFetts_Clone

May 12, 2001
    Its like The Matrix......you need to free your mind...... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.