main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Vong vs the Empire?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediKnight1221, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight1221

JediKnight1221 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    I was think as I read the NJO series, what would happen if the Empire was still around. Some ideas I have had include:

Darth and Luke reconciling.

Darth and Leia being very uneasy allies.

The Emperor dying very early on. (Think about it, the Vong would have very little trouble killing someone whose body is a sack of bones.)

Chewie not suffering his fate.

What about the rest of you? Any ideas?

2. Remnant_reborn

Remnant_reborn Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    I think the vong would have a tough time with the empire. It was very military and well organized. The most important thing is that there would be no bureaucracy to complicate things. The empire had and still does have a very good spy network. Good intelligence and undecidedness have killed the NR. Good riddance. By the end of NJO the remnant and the Chiss will play a very significant role in saving the universe. The NR and Empire together again? It already happened in TAB.

3. ZOmegaZ

ZOmegaZ Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    And of course a Death Star or two couldn't have hurt...

4. METZ

METZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2001
    the empire would have torn though the vong..... at the cost of tens of thousands of lives at the minimum

We would have seen the death stars wiping out whole fleets... regardless of if they distroy their own, the sun crusher just kicking ass (a few book would have had to have been writen by KJA)

And the Palpy would have loved to have toyed with the vong, watching thier blank and faces as he used the force to touture them in way even they havnt thought of

5. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    They should write a Star Wars Tales with the Empire against the Vong. Would make a good "What if" scenario.

6. METZ

Nov 17, 2001
    does anyone fancy teaming up to write the fan fic on that?

7. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    3 Death Stars
    50,000 Star Destroyers.
    A Squad Of SunCrushers.
    Eye of Palpatine Fleet.
    No Rebellion.
    And Darth Luke.

[face_mischief] [face_devil] [face_mischief] [face_devil]

What is they had all that?
    The Vong would not have made it to Garqi.

<sigh> If only...

8. METZ

Nov 17, 2001
    the vong would have turned round at helska 4.......

that is a supream amount of fire power you discribed.... i like it... i want it

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The 3rd death star was in star tours, :).

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    METZ...
    "does anyone fancy teaming up to write the fan fic on that?"

I had a good Empire NJO story in its entirety somewhere around here.

The summary version:
    Vong arrive.
    Vong die.

11. METZ

Nov 17, 2001
    is the bit between vong arrive vong die.... vong get thier asses kicked roally

12. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    :) Yep, and rather quickly as well.

13. METZ

Nov 17, 2001
    Ah Gengis the clock work presision that was the empire......

They must have a few SSDs laying about even if they dont have the crews just fly it into them......

14. DarkTreader

DarkTreader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Ahh... Wouldn't it be nice?

The only problem that I could see would be that all of the battles would have to be won in space. We all know how horrible stormtrooper aim is. (If you don't, play Dark Forces 2 with the Stormtrooper Rifle - Shooting straight is a miracle.)

And scads and scads of uber-TIEs all over the place... with Belt Runner shielding equipped on 'em... yeaaaaaaah... ~drooooool~

15. METZ

Nov 17, 2001
    I hope in the up coming books we see more of the empire cos the NR or whats left is gonna need all the help they can get.... its every being for themselfs now

16. Enlightened

Enlightened Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    Although the Empire would certainly have crushed the Vong, they would have gotten a foothold. There would have been nothing like Belkaden or ExGal, so it would be difficut for the Empire to find out about them before they were entrenched at Helska 4. Not that that would have stopped a Death Star however...

17. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Can you imagine a desperate squadron of Coralskippers racing down the trenches of a Death Star to find the ''the abomination called thermal exhaust port''?

Obi-Wan: ''Use the Force, Tsavong!''
    Tsavong: ''Huh? Oh, ***t!!!''

18. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    The Empire would become 50 times richer with just the Yorik Coral they mined from the ships with World Devastators.

Then the average matchup would be...

YV Fleet Vs. 5 Eclipses, numerous SSDs, Death Stars, Sun Crusher, World Devastators. And maybe the Empire still has some small SD's?

Coral Skippers Vs. TIE interceptors, defenders, scimitars, phantoms, and maybe if they're luckiy, Defenders(shudders at the thought)

Tsavong Lah Vs. Thrawn, the ruthless Tarkin (maybe he's not a pshyco any more?), And a handfull of Cloned Lukes.

Wariors Vs. Dark Troopers, and Dark Jedi.

Miin Bodenna
    Co-CEO of Massassi
    Defense Department

19. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    The New Imperial Order is copyright 2002 Elite_Guard and associates. Any usage of material from within this planned fan fiction novel / series is considered copyright infringement. Any person(s) infringing upon this copyright will be subject to punishment. Heh heh heh

Ya the NIO is a fanfic about the Imperials winning Endor and then finding the Vong;...

only its in planning and research stages...

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Wasn't a similar topic discussed in a previous post (which has probably vanished to one of the other pages now)?

I recall there being a post discussing the possibility of the Empire being more successful against the Yuuzhan Vong than the New Republic has been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.