1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The Voyage of the Hammer - A Smuggler RPG (3 years Before Battle of Yavin)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by mmart23, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Quadrant A23
    Terminal 0-4-0, Docking Bay #3, Level 60

Vag-Zan was a pensive sentient, his mind strictly on the business side of things when greeting off-worlders; at least up to the point until all docking deals were closed. The Zabrak administrator was dressed in his yellow uni, customary for a Vorga associate, the same as all associates in this bay. As Ryce finalized the provision of the ship?s information requirements, Vag-Zan smiled and provided Ryce the Captain?s Copy of all of the documentation. He then asked her, ?Do you have any specific dealings here in Quadrant A23? Perhaps I could direct you somewhere specific.?

Tag Ryce

OOC: Since Ryce is in quadrant A23, the uniform colors have been changed in this post from red to yellow as it is Vorga's zone instead of Hellva's. Just wanted to clarify the reason for the GM changes in this post from the prior one.
  2. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Terminal 0-4-0, Level 37
    Hungry Hunter Hive

The Gand fixer sighed in annoyance. ?Always late?, he mused. With other appointments on his slate, he stood up, left his table and scanned the crowded room in search of this mysterious Rita, a customer referred to him by a trusted associate. After a few moments of this activity he noted her wandering the room and waved his hand trying to get her attention.

Tag Rita
  3. lukemadden77 Jedi Knight

Captain Kagen Klaaso
    Quadrant A23
    Terminal zero-four-zero
    Level 37
    Lift Tube K
    Time 17:50; Sunset

IC: Kagen had little time to react with one of his crew near-death and two unconscious from the blasterfight. Killing the hunter would not provide Kagen with the information he required. He needed to know who she was and who hired her. Then at least he would be able to determine whether others would try to finish what she started.

And so, he aptly took a shot at the Duro's hand aiming to disarm her of her blaster.

Tag GM, Mira, Sin'teksa, & Deuce
  4. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC ~ Skathyn

"Yeah, wouldn't want one of Vorga's men to have to deal with a lowly jawa like would we? For what he knew, he might get hurt." Skathyn replied in sick humour as he left the office, the small empty cart hovering behind him. Coming back to the merchants district he notice a vacant space, and stopped the cart there. Smiling acceptantly he powered it down and quickly made his way to the warehouse with his ship. He knew that he could mask his identity, and try to prove that he'd be as good of a merchant as his dad to his dad's suppliers.

Tag ~ mmart
  5. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC ~ TC

TC grinned somewhat foolishly, he felt that the alchohol hadn't left his system so still wasn't at his best.

"Sorry, Arleyo, my mind wasn't feeling peek at the time, thanks for the mental kick..." TC awaited Arleyo's response as he made his way to the docks. He hated it that money was always the bribe, and ensured that he had quite a bit on hand. Making his way to the most discreet docks in the area, he found the docking administrator.

Tag ~ mmart
  6. Master_Rhodes Jedi Knight

IC ~ Ryce

"Uh, well today I plan on having a little fun, tommorow I plan on seeing Gathia, and before you tell me how to get there, I know how." Ryce's attention skipped from her wish to find a cantina, to the Zabrak. With a quick twice over, and a subtle scent check, she suddenly stated,

"You weren't the dock manager that I saw here last time I visited! What happened to him?" Ryces final question was more of cute inquiry, than brash. She found the Zabrak to be more serious than the last dock manager, which meant pretty much nothing to her, as her thoughts had quickly re-switched to cantina whereabouts.

Tag ~ mmart23
  7. Master_Rhodes Jedi Knight

IC ~ Rita

Rita noticed the Gran fixer at a table alone waving at her, and got up with a stupid feeling inside. Quickly making her way to the table she said,

"Sorry about that, too little information about contact. So..." Rita knew she probably seemed quite foolish to the Gran.

Tag ~ mmart23
  8. Actaeon Jedi Padawan

Approved!

Name: Johan Koch
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Brown
    Skin Color: Caucasian
    Appearance: Once a well dressed, groomed and timed. Since his fall from grace Johan became messy and unwashed, his long officers coat is grey but covered in dirt but he still wears it proudly
    Personality: Upstanding and honorable, Johan is a mile away from the anti-Imperial propaganda. He could be at times cocky but was often justified in his skill, but a decent and trustful man. After his fall from grace he became descanted, a alcoholic, and aggressive, he no longer cared what people thought. To see him in a brawl isn?t an odd sight, most have learnt to avoid the former officer as he is just as dangerous without a crew and Star Destroyer behind him.
    Position: Former Naval Officer of the Empire
    Main Weapon: DL-44 Heavy Blaster
    Possessions: His officers coat from his days as a fleet officer, his blaster and always, always?a bottle of alcohol.
    Biography: Born on Coruscant to a well respect family of wealth and power, Johan was able to find a space at some of the finest schools the Empire had to offer. He grew up discovering he had a fine skill in the field of Fleet Command. Graduating, he was able to surpass his commission of lieutenant and becoming a Commander.

He put his expertise to combating pirates and smugglers, becoming a very painful thorn in many a crime-lords side. However this proved to be his undoing as his pursuit of a pirate ship known as the Twilight left a gap in Imperial space allowing the Rebellion pass through. Even worse, the pirate ship escaped the Star Destroyer, bringing humiliation upon the commander.

Decommissioned for incompetence, shunned by his family and people he had called friends, he turned away from the Imperial idea and fell into a pit of despair, he turned to drink and hasn?t returned from it since. He hates the lawless, and loathes the Empire. Yet he finds himself living amongst those who he once hunted, with the odd bounty hunter turning up?now he?s trying to find a new purpose.
  9. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    OOC: Spatz: I will need a little more to work with in order to reply to Skathyn's post. Is he leaving Nar Shaddaa for Coruscant right now? If so, you will want to post him powering up his ship to head to Coruscant. Additionally, unless he heavily brided Vorga or worked out a special deal to house his ship in a wherehouse, his ship should be docked at one of the standard receiving bays.

MMart
  10. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Arleyo over Com Link

"You are a credit to your race TC, so allowances can be made from time to time", the Bothan said with unusual sincerity. He then shut down the frequency when the conversation was closed and went about his work.

Docking Bay 6
    Level 40

Gunek Faresite sat in his office, his legs on his desk, crossed as he reclined with his hands behind his head and leaned back pondering how he missed his wife and kids and couldn't wait to see them. He just had to close the day's business forms. His hair was dusty brown and a bit unruly, set against an unshaven tanned face and deep green eyes. The docking bay he managed was sealed as it was at full capacity and the only personnel on hand were security guards. All other mechanics and administrative personnel had gone for the day. So it was just him, security and the surveillance cams.

The third-generation Corellian (his great grandfather was a smuggler who settled here after being recruited as a shipper for Vorga) looked to the cams making sure all was well, called his wife and kids to say his I love yous and check in, then finalized the day's paperwork. He closed his record book and placed it in his file drawer, then looked up to see a figure approaching. Not sure of the individual's identity he peered at the camera, concerned.

Bay 6 Security Officer, Yage Progen of Dantooine, called out to the approaching TC and said, "Halt, no one can come into this bay for business or other purposes without a pass". The Officer had black hair, blue eyes, a go-tee, was carrying a light blaster rifle, and was dressed in yellow and gray Vorga security uniform.

Tag TC
  11. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Docking Bay 3

"Oh really? Well I have been in this position for a month now. I was told that my two predecessors had a problem of keeping to Vorga's orders. They tended to accept bribes and the like and he, well, did not take kindly to that. No, to remain in this position one must be of the upmost commitment to Vorga's authority and to the adherance to all of the Hutt's ordinances. All failures to comply will be met with the harshest of penalties. This is what I was told upon promotion, something my predecessors would have been wise to have followed", the Zabrak said eluding to their likely demise. "Nevertheless, is there anything else I can assist you with?"

Tag Ryce
  12. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Hungry Hunter Hive

Vool Droshkaa sat back down in his seat as he sighed in impatience. The Gand fixer shook his head and in choppy basic spoke through a vocal decoder, "Right, now let's get to business. The best lead I have is that a transport freighter captain by the name of Kagen Klaaso and his crew of the YT1300 stock light freighter The Hammer arrived today at Docking Bay 1. They are here looking for unspecified work. Judging by their presence here it is more than likely a spice job as this quadrant specializes in spice production and distribution. Come to think of it the entire world does. Now for the pay. You owe me one hundred credits for this lead. Information is expensive here on Nar Shaddaa, but priceless in the right hands", he finished, his hand extended for the credits.

Tag Rita
  13. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Quadrant A23
    Terminal zero-four-zero
    Level 37
    Lift Tube K
    Time 17:50; Sunset

Kagen's shot at Lash's shooting hand was dead-on target with hitting her blaster. Lash's blast at Mira fired astray as she winced in shock as the damaged blaster launched from her now lightly scorched hand. R2C2 extended a limb from his innards to grasp the Weequay's blaster rifle moving it out of range for the adversaries to use against Kagen and Mira. Lash peered at Kagen and Mira angered by her defeat at Kagen's hands. She was among the best at her trade and realized that there was something supernatural about him and that he would destroy her if she did not relent. "I give up smuggler. You win"

Tag Kagen & Mira
  14. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC ~ Skathyn

Skathyn was happy that the ship had record of the buildings that his father owned, including this completely abandonned warehouse. The ship itself only had a fraction of it's systems activated, and Skathyn went to Skarlin's supplier list, one of the weapon and supplies experts, Ferdit Gaugin, a Tatooine gun-runner who had a close relationship with Skarlin as a partner at one time. Turning on the long-range transmittor, he called the family freind, greatly aware of how great a deal he could get.

Tag ~ mmart
  15. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC ~ TC

TC stopped, and pulled out a well forged pass, given to him by an associate at some point, and said,

"Don't worry, I'm here on inquisitive business. I just need to know if a group of Gran, about three had left within the past week. I had a business appointment with them, and I'm hoping they didn't bail out on me, expecially as I had just got some dirt on them." TC's grin was as sincere as possible, and he looked like he would do business with a bunch of shady low-lifes like these brothers. TC's gaze was fixed on the manager, but he was primarily focussed on his peripherals, of witch were keeping count of the bay, and as to which models rested where. He figured that even if they hadn't left yet, they wouldn't be above stealing a ship to leave soon, and figured it'd be best to keep track of things like that. TC's hand was already out in anticipation to shake the managers hand as a sign of trust, as, if he didn't bring down the man, he wasn't here t do anything completely illegal.

Tag ~ mmart
  16. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    OOC: Who does Skathyn bribe to park his ship in the wherehouse? I will need clarification on this before accepting him having a ship within the wherehouse.

GM Post
    Mos Espa
    Gaugin Gunnery

Ferdit Gaugin locked up the shop for the evening noting a sandstorm coming. The former part-time gambler, part-time bounty hunter, merc, and gun-runner was now a small-time weapons dealer. With the Tatooine economy fairly weak, he made due, barely breaking even, supplying arms and equipment to rival swoop gangs, local farmers, city militia, and crime bosses looking to keep their associates armed and dangerous. As he walked to his office he noted a call coming in on an older frequency he used back in his early days. "Hello?" Ferdit answered.

Tag Skathyn
  17. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Bay 6

Yage Progen looked at the pass and said, "Sorry that pass is expired. You'll have to turn around go home. Try again tomorrow, this bay is closed". He had a hand on his blaster wanting no trouble, completely ignoring TC's comments about the Gran bandits. It was clear he was the standard security officer, one who would not give up an inch without a hefty bribe. Yage quite frankly did not care about anything but getting paid. For the right amount of money the pass would do. And so he stood there stoic unwilling to budge. The manager kept an eye on things from his office ten meters from Yage and TC.

Tag TC
  18. Master_Rhodes Jedi Knight

IC ~ Rita

Rita grinned happily as she thought of the work that would come to her, a possible pilots position on a 1300 is pretty good, and with a new haul almost as a potential job for them, she would love to dip her hand into that honey. Handing the datachip of 100 credits to Vool she thanked him, up, and left, making her way to the public transportation system, hoping to meet with the Crimelord himself, Vorga, and suggest the crew of the Hammer to him. If things were to go well for her by then, she would then seek out the captain and give him the news, hoping that she would get a place amongst their crew.

Tag ~ mmart
  19. Master_Rhodes Jedi Knight

IC ~ Ryce

Ryce's attention snapped back to the manager as he said the name Vorga.

"Vorga, I'm in his district? I thought I had ended up closer to Gathia's abode. Well, I geuss I can work with it tommorow, no point in wasting my time getting two sectors over just to find that she's not seeing guests..." Ryce's face contorted slightly in self-disapproval, and then asked,

"Do you know any good Cantina's nearby?"

Tag ~ mmart
  20. Droitanis6 Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC - Kivas

"Ahh, if i didn't know better, i'd say they were brand new" Kivas repiled as he took a bite of his dish " That will be all for now"

He looked up at his droids

"Resume your positions" He said and the dorids nodded and took up guard around him

Tag - Mmart
  21. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC ~ Skathyn

With his hood up Skathyn grinned as he replied,

"Hey, Ferdit, it's me Skathyn, Skarlin's son, how're you? I can probably guess that you are only just making the cut these days, am I right, after all, it's not the glory days my father used to lament to me." Skathyn smiled inwards to his youth, where he badmouthed half a dozen rival merchants behind their backs, and his father was always going on about how great running about the galaxy with few cares was.

"Anyways, I've got a business proposition for you. I've set up shop on Nar Shaddaa, in quadrant A23, near where my father bought that old warehouse he used to use, and I kind of need a supplier. If you can agree to have shipments ready, I'll ensure to have a smuggler at hand, and you'll get a good cut." Skathyn had feeling that the deal would work, and all he'd need to do was find a smuggler.

Tag ~ mmart
  22. Spatz Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    IC ~ TC

TC frowned inwardly, he figured that his pass wouldn't get him through, but he was hoping that he wouldn't have to bribe anyone. Sighing slightly, TC took out a datapad and inputted a fair sum of credits, a total of four hundred credits, and handed the datachip to the gaurd saying,

"Well, I hope this can help." TC felt that this was the right Bay, and needed to be able to "sniff" around. He felt that the sooner he shiut these brothers down, the sooner he'd be able to collect his, and Arleyo's, reward.

Tag ~ mmart
  23. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Hungry Hunter Hive

Vool nodded as he pocketed the money and motioned to the server droid for another drink.

An air taxi piloted by a Sollustan pulled over into the edge of the public transportation system. It was a sparsely populated area as most of the locals took the lift tubes where they wished to travel. However, as most foreigners often did not wish to encounter the dangers lurking around every corner of Nar Shaddaa, the area had some traffic. The Sollustan looked to Rita and said, ?Where to??, in its native language. It was a language known to Rita from her expertise as a free trader.

Tag Rita
  24. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Docking Bay 3
    Quadrant A23

The Zabrak laughed. ?This whole world is Vorga?s ?district?, and Quadrant A23 is where he is headquartered; the part he calls his home. Makes sense as this quadrant is home to the Central Spice Processing Factory. Was this not displayed on your navigation computer? Even Quadrant A21, which he ?lets? Hellva manage as a family gift and token of affection, belongs to Vorga, the mighty trillionaire Hutt entrepreuner. And A21 is also where Ganthia resides and prospers in spite of Hellva?s reign", he finished with emphasis. "You can always try to call her on her frequency for an appointment?, he suggested with a grin then offered, ?You might want to check out the Hungry Hunter?s Hive. It offers fine dining, gaming, live music and exotic drinks. It?s my recommendation?.

Tag TC
  25. mmart23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    GM Post
    Hungry Hunter Hive

"We do take pride in our work here", the server droid said with a bow of its head. "Very well. I will check back with you shortly". After another fifteen minutes of singing and three songs later the purple fleshed Twi'Lek smiled and said, "Thank you. Thank you all, we love you", to a standing ovation. She blew kisses to the crowd ready to call it a night. She looked to her band who spoke back to her. She returned to the mike and said, "Okay folks, we'll give you one more", and began to sing a classic holovid ballad.

Tag Kivas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.