main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Voyage of the Hammer - A Smuggler RPG (3 years Before Battle of Yavin)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by mmart23, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmart23

mmart23 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post

"I am alright. I manage", Ferdit said pridefully. "Are you trying me make me hang up on you?", he replied not finding Skathyn's sarcasm very humorous. "Look I can't be of much help, I only have a small volume of goods here that I have imported from offworld as it is. I don't have alot of customers so I don't order much. If you find a buyer willing to pay upfront for a create of the weaponry and equipment that I have on hand I'll be willing to ship it. Nothing leaves here for free. And most smugglers don't buy shipments, they just transport them. So unless you're willing to pay 1000 credits up front, no deal".

Tag Skathyn

OOC: Still waiting for you to tell me who Skathyn is bribing to keep the ship in the wherehouse. Been waiting...

2. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Docking Bay 6

Yage Progen looked to TC and said, "What?!? You think you can bribe me?", mocking seriousness. He then leaned forward and whispered with a smirk, "Well, you're right. Go on through", he finished pocketing the chip motioning for his fellow security officer to let TC pass. Gunek Faresite stared at TC and stood up, viewable through the manager's window as he put on his coat and walked out into the bay, his hair dusty brown and unruly, set against his unshaven tanned face and deep green eyes. Not yet pleased to be disturbed after general work hours, Gunek said curtly, "I'm Administrator Gunek Faresite. Whattaya want?"

Tag TC

3. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ TC

TC was pleased that he managed to get into the docking bay, and when the manager approached him with inquiry, TC responded,

"Just a few question, a bit of looking around and I'll be done. Have you seen a group of three Gran? If so, had they left the moon? I need to know this as they are valuable business partners who I got some bad information on, and I figure that they may abandon the deal now that I can raise the stakes. Personally I wouldn't want that, and for their sake I wouldn't want them to leave, that would require the expense of a bounty hunter..." TC felt that he had made his point, and, with his eripheral, looked further amongst the docking bay, ensuring that if there were fleeting shadows of whom may be his quarry, that he wouldn't miss it.

Tag ~ mmart

4. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    OOC ~ The warehouse itself was purchased by Skarlin a few years back.

IC ~ Skathyn

Skathyn sighed, he hadn't wished to go offworld, and wanted to be able to quickly gain merchandise. He wasn't all too pleased that Ferdit didn't seem to be all too interested in his business, and replied,

"I guess I could make my way there and make a deal with you, not what I was planning, but I suppose it's necessary." Skathyn's grin had already faded all to well, and now it was more a expression of thought and fustration.

Tag ~ mmart

5. Master_Rhodes

Master_Rhodes Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2009
    IC ~ Ryce

Ryce's brow furrowed as the Zabrak claimed that Vorga owned the entire moon. She quickly replied,

"I thought the Desilijic kajidic had the most rule on the moon. I'm fairly sure of it, especially as Jabba had recently took over after the passing of his uncle Jiliac. Therefore Vorga wouldn't have too much control here, especially as the Desilijic kajidic is one of the most powerful kadjics, is it not?" Ryce didn't like the lack of knowledge that the Zabrak had stated, and didn't appreciate that, despite her obvious dippiness, people still didn't seem to believe how intelligent she was. "And no I didn't check the nav computer, due having it on a preset. Maybe you should check into things yourself, I now thank you for your advice and will do part now."

Tag ~ mmart23

6. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Docking Bay 6

Gunek scratched his head. "I don't recall any such thing. And the only way to know for sure is to review the security cam tapes. But my shift's over. I'm off clock. Who's gonna pay me to do more work friend? What's that worth ta ya?"" There were no Gran to be found within the bay or any suspicious figures that may have appeared to have been the Gran bandits. The manager gazed at TC blankly unflinching as it was clear that to get access to the tapes it was going to cost TC more. This investigation was becoming far more expensive than it may have been worth. The manager waited patiently for TC's response.

Tag TC

7. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    OOC: I realize the warehouse was purchased. That is fine. What I need to know is who Skathyn bribed to be able to keep his ship in the warehouse. It is a Nar Shaddaa law and code instituted by Vorga that all ships are to be docked and parked in specific ship hangars so that he can collect hangar fees and annual registration fees. The only way around this would have been to bribe an official who will cover it up for Skathyn.

GM Post

Ferdit looked at Skathyn coldly and said, "Don't come here if you don't have hard money credits to buy the goods. I am not doing any IOUs. I already deal with enough pitiful deadbeats here on this sandy hellish world". Ferdit had grown weary of his life on Tatooine. He wanted to find a way off this desolate furnace, then thought, "Wait a minute. What if you and me going into business together? Nar Shaddaa seems a hell-of-a-lot better than this molten rock. It could be a win win. So here's the deal. You come to Tatooine, Mos Espa, pick me up and all my goods and when we return to Nar Shaddaa we will be partners, fifty fifty on all sales", the curmudgeon said, willing to strike a deal if Skathyn would bite.

Tag Skathyn

8. Droitanis6

Droitanis6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2008
    IC - Kivas

Kivas finished his meal peacefully. He sat back as the next song start and finished off what was left of his drink

Tag Mmart

9. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    OOC: Master_Rhodes: In this RPG, Vorga the Hutt rules over Nar Shaddaa. Jabba and his family have no stake here in this RPG story arc. I am asking that you edit your post or accept that Ryce is wrong. You can PM me any thoughts and concerns about this but Ryce will be deemed as insane if she does not accept the reality that Vorga rules Nar Shaddaa.

Another note of reference, Jiliac dies 1 year before the battle of yavin so it is still 2 years before his death. Please run things by me before posting about canon topics. Jiliac runs things on Nal Hutta and is heavily respected and caudled by Vorga and Hellva when he visits. At some point during this campaign Jiliac will move to push Vorga and Hellva out in due time. Right now he sees use for them.

Thanks,
    MMART23, GM

10. lukemadden77

lukemadden77 Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2009
    Kagen Klaaso
    Quadrant A23
    Terminal zero-four-zero
    Level 37
    Lift Tube K
    Time 17:51; Sunset

Kagen looked to Mira and said, "Mira, wake up the others with the Goronk odor sprays", wishing for her to use the alertness remedy he had received in trade from a native people on an uncharted plantet in the Minor Cluster months back. He needed to land after evading pirates and traded Bantha hyde for the remedy. With his blaster still aimed spot on with Lash he said, "Who are you working for bounty hunter? And how did you track me here?" He looked to the presumably slain Wookiee hunter and Deuce and sighed. "I'm waiting hunter...", he said ready to fire on her if she refused to answer him.

Tag Mira, Sin'teksa, Deuce, GM for Lash, Kadran, R2C2 response

11. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Hungry Hunter Hive

The light purple fleshed twi'lek siren left the stage and went to the bar for a drink. "Give it up for Gen'thesica and the Twilights", native Corellian turned local, Haslam Retick said with a grin and applause. Haslam had tanned skin, green eyes and brown hair and was sharply dressed. The crowd applauded loudly for a minute or two. Gen'thesica's Bith bandmates spent the next ten minutes powering down all of their equipment, disconnecting cords and components and putting them away into their storage cases. The club then played general contemporary music over the restaurant speakers for the next thirty minutes. The murmur of voices echoed through the crowded audience.

Tag Kivas

12. Master_Rhodes

Master_Rhodes Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2009
    OOC ~ Ah, well that works for me, I'll change Ryce's post, or re-post...

IC ~ Ryce

Ryce groaned in stupidity, she had forgotten that Vorga was in control of Nar Shaadda, though more of a puppet to Jiliac. Though her expression was in fustration, and she refused to show that she was wrong. She didn't appreciate that people took her somewhat dippy and forgetful demanour as stupidity, and brushed of the situation by grinning in aflirtingly way and replying,

"Thanks for the tip." She quickly made her way to the Hungry Hunter Hive, ready to spend some time to have fun, and hoping slightly that the cantina had free-sing nights. Her tail swished playfully behind her as she made her way to the public transportation system.

Tag ~ mmart23

IC ~ Rita

Rita had barely recognized the language the Sollustian spoke but quickly adapted, replying in his toungue,

"To Vorga's if you don't mind, I may have business with him..." Rita grinned slightly as she sat in the back of the cab, seeing that previous customers weren't as courteous as she would be, with pieces of gum barely touching the backs of her calfs, and the seat notably repaired after something happened. Rita proped her leg somewhat worriedly over her other as she awaited her arrival.

Tag ~ mmart23

13. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    OOC ~ How about we get to who Skathyn's bribing to keep it there during the story, that way I don't have to figure it out.

IC ~ TC

TC groaned, he hated that this was going to cost him, and he wasn't liking the profit margin that would end up if he kept this up. However it was for the greater good, if there was one, and he reluctantly pulled out a chip of 150 credits.

"Will this suit you to stay here a little while longer, I need to find these guys..." TC was scowling painfully in his mind, but to the dock manager he was simply in a groan level state. "I am truly sorry about being a bother however. Never would've happened if these fools weren't so dodgy"

Tag ~ mmart

IC ~ Skathyn

"Please, if there's one thing the De Shaddaa family doesn't do, it's IOUs, and deathsticks, damn nasty stuff that is. As for getting you off of that sweat-hole, not even worthy of the natives of Mustafar, sure I could get you off. The Rust Runner's near well empty, only having the bare necessities, and currently no cargo. Of course, getting you and your stuff out of there will lower the cost of what I'll have to pay, right, after all, selling weapons here is well worth a lack of pay from me, right?" Skathyn was grinning again, he always found that something seemed to turn his way, his father always claimed it was the will of the force, and that Skathyn's grandfather, Skazer, had been a Jedi at one point long ago. Not that it mattered to Skathyn, he simply believed that is was pure luck for all the things that ended up his way.

Tag ~ mmart

14. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Docking Bay 3

"Whatever", the Zabrak said with a dismissive hand motion, wanting nothing to do with the uniformed argumentative creature. The mobile street taxis are a far distance from Docking Bay 3. Based on a local information map it would be simpler to walk a few blocks then look for lift tube K and take it to the 37th Floor, to the heart of the entertainment district. There she will pass through the Market Square on her way to the Hungry Hunter Hive and the other cantinas of this district.

Tag Ryce

GM Post
    Inside the Air Taxi

The Sollustan's eyes widened in fear, "Vorga's? Uh, wouldn't you rather deal with his local associates, I mean that's like walking into the eye of a hurricane or taking a dive in lava," he said his taxi hovering in place its engine pulsing as it stood mostly still. When it was apparent that the woman was set in her way, the Sollustan sighed and said, "Well alright, to Vorga's we go, but don't say I didn't warn you. I still say he is big trouble, that it's suicide to inquire the presence of the merciless Hutt. I mean it's not like he's fair", his eyes concerned.

Tag Rita

15. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Office of Gunek Faresite

"No way. Who do you think I am. I'm a bay manager not a cantina janitor. It'll cost you five hundred for me to take time out of seeing my wife and kids to review this tape for you", the Manager said sternly. "If you want to find these guys it'll cost you a little more than a buck fifty". Gunek Faresite looked to TC cooly with a smirk and a cocked brow as he was in control. If TC really wanted this information it would either heavily cost him or he would need to take it by force.

Tag TC

GM Post
    Conversation with the Dealer

"Like I said, if you come out here to this dustball, pull me and my goods out of Tatooine, and we set up shop together on Nar Shaddaa you and I will split all profit fifty fifty. The only cost to you will be the cost to dock in Mos Espa Bay and the cost of fuel. I think it's a win win as I have the goods but you have the foot traffic", he finished with inflection. The Dealer was right Skathyn needed him just as much as he needed Skathyn. He patiently waited for a response hoping that they would do business together.

Tag Skathyn

16. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    OOC: I am so sorry that I failed to get a post up in a couple weeks. Then end of a block of Navy training and to headache of trying to move across the country took over my life.

My plan is to have a post up by the end of the night.

My apologies, again.

17. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ TC

TC sighed and offered the 500 credits to the dock manager, he didn't want to start anything, but he wasn't happy that he was going to basically be repaid 900 of his credits back by Vorga if he managed to fully succeed. He knew that overall, it would be worth it.

Tag ~ mmart

IC ~ Skathyn

"Sure, just let me check up on something and I'll be over there in a couple of days." Skathyn knew that the dock manager he was bribing to keep his ship would want to know that Skathyn was leaving, and that he wouldn't be getting "paid" for keeping Skathyn's ship there for the next few days.

Tag ~ mmart

18. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003

19. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Gunek Faresite's Office

Gunek took the money, smiled and pocketed it. "Right this way", he said motioning for TC to step into his simple yet surprisingly organized office. Administrator Faresite then sat down in his desk chair and pressed his hand to the desk causing the monitor to flap open from the desk and his terminal to boot up. He then uploaded a search through visual scans for a trio of Grans or a trio of shrouded figures. "Go ahead and take a seat. This may take a moment", he said. "Feel free to take a seat. If you're thristy or hungry there is some food and drinks in the refresher over there".

Five minutes later Gunek looked to TC and said, "You may not like this buddy, but it looks like your associates are off world. I show a trio of Gran leaving aboard Gtock stock light freighter Blue Ice with (blue fleshed juding by the camera) Twilek Captain Jia'Beseka and her crew four days ago(video shows a human male, a Rodian, a Talz, and a Zabrak). There is no information on the manifest so I have no idea where they are now. I am sure someone may know though. After all it appears that Jia'Beseka came to Nar Shaddaa to transport spice to Byss. Odd are she picked it up from Vorga", he finished.

Tag TC

GM Post
    Ferdit, Mos Espa

"Take your time. It's not like I'm going anywhere. Call me when you are close to orbit. Make sure you set down in Mos Espa. I'll meet you at the local cantina Jaga's Bar and Pub and I'll buy you a drink for your troubles. Show you some Tatooini hospitality. Ferdit out", he finished turning off the Com Link. He then sealed up the front entrance of his shop and retreated to his basement quarters for the evening.

Meanwhile on Nar Shaddaa...

Hai-Tar, the Zabrak administrator of docking bay 5, smiled as his shift was over and he could make his way to the Hungry Hunter Hive. He did so with enthusiasm knowing with certainty that he could unwind for the evening at peace. Hai-Tar wondered how Skathyn was faring on Nar Shaddaa. The little guy made sure to pay Hai-Tar early and had nothing due at the moment so Skathyn was alright in the Zabrak's book.

Tag Skathyn

20. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Quadrant A23
    Level 37

Kadran awoke instantly, immediately reaching to scratch his nose, "What the, ughh, what happened?", he said rubbing his throbbing cranium. Kadran looked to Mira and said, "Thank you" slowly regaining his senses. He then looked to Deuce's bloody body then stared into Mira's eyes and asked, "Is he dead?" R2C2 whirred in sympathy. Sin'Teksa shook a little restlessly in response to the odor, coughed, clenched her closed eyes then said, "Okay, alright already. I'm awake". Slowly while groaning she turned over propping herself on all fours prior to slowly standing up. As she did she staggered back a bit into Kagen and said, "Whoa. I feel terrible..."

The Bounty Hunter groaned in frustration and said, "Fine. Take it easy smuggler. I am Lash Vade. I was here for leisure from a big score. I found out about the Hammer landing here from a docking bay contact. An old Hutt boss of mine on Malastare received protection money from your Bith before he took off without notice; before you rudely transported him away without notice. I thought I could bring him in for some hard credit cash. Guess I overestimated you".

She looked at her slain Wookiee companion and her crippled Weequay and said, "Clearly you've won, Captain. If I may, I would like to help my associate to his feet and leave."

Tag Captain Kagen and Mira

21. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ TC

TC scowled in fustration, he was afraid of this, and had no plans on leaving the moon. Thanking the dock manager, he left and found a wall a couple of blocks away to lean up against. TC knew he'd have to inform Vorga of the loss, and Arleyo of the predicament. Pulling out his comlink, TC punched in the call information for Vorga, and awaited response.

Tag ~ mmart

IC ~ Skathyn

Skathyn nodded and quick;ly tapped in the call information for Hai-Tar. Skathyn felt there was no need to meet him face to face as he was simply informing the Zabrak of his absence for the next week. His eyes werre on the comlink as his hand quickly made their way across the control panel in the cockpit, tapping a button that opened the roof doors to there warehouse.

Tag ~ mmart

22. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Holovid of Ulk-Jevetza

With Vorga predisposed by the entertainment of the band and singer in his chambers, his number one picks up the frequency. This was actually very typical of the Hutt. Few ever got an audience with the Hutt when attempting to meet him for one-on-one business in his fortress. Most would meet up with his green skinned, golden eyed Twi'Lek advisor and major domo. Even fewer would reach Vorga by holovid. Arrogant he was, as well as conceited, secretive, controlling and paranoid. For good reason. The number one crime boss on Nar Shaddaa with control of the prime distribution of spice should be concerned about assassins trying to step in and steal business.

And so, Ulk-Jevetza said, "This is Vorga's frequency. What can I assist you with", in a deep accent.

Tag TC

GM Post
    Hai-Tar

Hai-Tar's comlink buzzed a few times, the first couple pulses unknown to the Zabrak dealer. He was overly distracted with his eyes floating between the two twi'lek stage dancers in the center stages, and his ears enchanted by and focused on the smooth jazzy tunes at the Lucky Lair Bar and Casino, one of the many spots tucked away in the Entertainment District. After taking a swig from his liquor he noted that his comlink was buzzing. He picked up the call and smiled recognized Skathyn's frequency code. "Hey Skathyn. How are ya?", he asked.

Tag Skathyn

23. Spatz

Spatz Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2008
    IC ~ TC

TC figured that the major domo would've taken the call, it's not as if it was greatly important, and TC was aware the Hutts behaviour well enough to have anticipated this.

"This is TC-1140, a bounty hunter that lives here on Nar Shaadda. I'd like to inform you and your boss that had taken in the intrest of the capture of the three Gran brothers, but as I only work on planet, the fact that they got away on a freighter known as Blue Ice, means I can't pursue them." TC's voice was quite calm about this, despite the fact that he was aware that he had lost a fair amount of credits to obtain the information of their departure.

Tag ~ mmart

IC ~ Skathyn

Skathyn grinned once Hai-Tar picked up and as soon as Skathyn's sensitive Squibbian ears picked up the background noise of the Bar, he began,

"So, the girls treating you well? Just letting you know that I'm going to be off world for the next week or so, and you won't be getting payments until I'm back." Skathyn figured that it was his luck that Hai-Tar was at the bar, that way any news would seem a hint more positive.

Tag ~ mmart

24. lukemadden77

lukemadden77 Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2009
    Kagen Klaaso
    Quadrant A23
    Terminal zero-four-zero
    Level 37
    Lift Tube K
    Time 17:52; Sunset

Kagen smirked at Sin?teksa?s always-on sarcasm, amused by her energies. He began to wonder if this amusement was a fondness of his friend or becoming something more...

Regardless, he was well pleased to see her and Kadran back on their feet. Still, the loss of Deuce was so unnecessary. Yet, he took some small comfort in the fact that his fallen colleague perished honorably and heroically slaying his Wookiee attacker before falling to his death.

With his blaster aimed at Lash the safety off, he said in a commanding tone, ?No way Hunter. Why would we let you leave just to come back for us in greater numbers? You are mistaken to think us so naïve Ms. Vade. We are binding you and you are coming with us until we come up with a better option that serves our business here?, Kagen said.

?Mira, Kadran, bind them up with energy binders, then help them to their feet because we?re heading to the Hunter Hive?, he said.

?Wait. We can?t just leave Deuce here like this. Or your Wookiee brute for that matter. It?s just not right?, Kagen offered.

Tag Mira and GM

25. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    GM Post
    Vorga's Major Domo

The Twi'lek cupped his hand and fingers under his chin in pensive thought taking in all the information especially noting the assistant freighter Blue Ice. After his pause he replied with a wicked grin, "It is unfortunate that the Gran escaped. I am sure the illustrious Vorga will not desire to chase those scum off world for a mere ten pounds of spice and random goods and cash. However, a death sentence will be issued for them to be blasted dead on contact should they ever return to this world. Thank you for this information TC-1140. I will send a subordinate to the Hungry Hunter Hive who will give you a credit chip of five hundred credits for your troubles", he finished placing his chin up high and royal.

Tag TC
    Hai-Tar the Shady

Hai-Tar replied with a sarcastic quip and the smirk to accompany it, "As always Skathyn you have me pegged", attempting to focus through near impossibility as he was heavily distracted by the stunning dancers, the smooth jazzy music, and the shuffle of the audience. A slightly paranoid Zabrak, even when he was relaxing in a bar his eyes were alway darting around in search of trouble or more business. "Uh huh, no problem friend. I wouldn't expect it. No ship dock no fees, that's the rule. You always pay me on time anyway or close enough to it so have a good journey and don't get yourself killed pal", he concluded before hanging up.

Tag Skathyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.